Tour for just 2 people,Can you join others?

montu6

We would like to take a small tour (not the one offered by the ship) while in Dominica. But there are only two of us. Is there a way to join tours while in port? Any information would be appreciated! I have posted to see if we could get any interest on the roll call board, but so far no responses. We have found that private tours are so much better when available!

If you are booking with Reyno Tours or Beno, then I know that you can join other tours. Just email them with your dates and they keep track of how many folks, etc. for each day. If they have room, then they will allow others to book the same day, but it's best to reserve in advance.

reynotours@hotmail.com

I know that Beno also has a website now, but I'm still looking for the posting with the address for you.

We would like to take a small tour (not the one offered by the ship) while in Dominica. But there are only two of us. Is there a way to join tours while in port? Any information would be appreciated! I have posted to see if we could get any interest on the roll call board, but so far no responses. We have found that private tours are so much better when available!

Post it and wait for response but first, give more details about what tour you are talking about, with what operator and the prices if more people are on the tour group. Then some cruisers might get interested and respond. The operator tries to fill the van or minibus and the price per head goes down if more people sign up.

Just do that, I might be interested too.

I enjoyed your review - but like a lot of recviews, I wondwer homw much did you pay for your tour??

I will also be in dominica in Sep and I am still trying to decide what to do!!

thanks

ok I really need to s l o w down...

what I meant to say, was:

I enjoyed your review - but like a lot of reviews, I wonder how much did you pay for your tour??

I will also be in Dominica in September and I am still trying to decide what to do!!

----

My apologies to all of the typists and other OCD's... LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please remember the info in the Ports of Call Posting Guidelines Announcement showing at the top of this forum's first page:

Shore Excursion Shares

Posts looking for members to "share" your excursion, or posts mentioning that a few more spaces in a van are available and you should contact so and so, are not allowed. Please use the ROLL CALL thread for your ship’s sailing to find others willing to share your shore excursion tour costs.

Cruise Critic does not allow personal ads of any kind in posts. This would include personal ads looking to share cabins, tours, transportation, etc. Posts of this nature are removed from all forums... with one exception. If you are sailing on a specific ship and sail date, you can post your share request on the Roll Call for your cruise. You are targeting the specific group of people who would be most inclined to share since they are already sailing on your cruise. Please remember, do not start a new Roll Call thread with your share request. Use the existing Roll Call thread to make your share request.

Just as it is with our Community Guidelines regarding travel agents/agencies, other cruise-related sites or message boards, do not offer or request information via e-mail. That type of post will be removed too.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory to all.

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

The two of us did a private tour with Beno in Dec '06. Absolutely the best shorex we have ever done. Beno had a driver meet us at the foot of the pier, Joseph. We were picked up @ 8:30 am , saw Trafalgar Falls, Emerald pool, Mr Nice fruit stand, the soap factory, and got a lot of info about the island. We were back at the ship by 12:30pm (our request) and paid $100 plus a generous tip. I am sure the prices have gone up since then, gas alone :eek: . We are planning to use Beno again in Feb '08.

FYI My Mom is unable to walk far and Joseph stayed with her while I enjoyed the stops. (that is he didn't join the other drivers on breaks, he really stayed right with her and talked)

Sue

Archived