Loved this answer from Delta

gizmo

I checked on my Delta flight for late Sept. Since booking this was a second change. I always expect a change but this time they changed me from a 11:00 AM flight to a 4:30 flight. :eek: They didn't bother giving me my seat selection either. I found that my 11:00 AM flight was eliminated.

I called Delta and got it switched to the 9:20 flight. I asked why I was not notified. I just loved this answer. The guy tells me it is because my flight isn't until Sept and they would have notified me then. :rolleyes: Tell me another one !

I went through the same thing with flights we booked 10 months in advance. We had several changes and were told the same thing. I watched my flights daily until we flew and called to get seats assigned each time they made a change. In the end everything went very smooth and we were quite happy with the prices we paid for our tickets and the flights themselves. Just watch your flights and you should be fine :)

I went through the same thing with both of my flights before and after my cruise.

USair changed my flights from 1:00p.m. to 8:30a.m. (i'm going the day before), so its not that bad. But they didn't even notify me. I was just checking flights to see if they went down, and noticed my flight was not there. It turns out that they cut 3 nonstops flights from Pit - Fll to 1 nonstop.

Airtran changed my return flight from 3:00 to 7:00 and not getting home until MIDNIGHT. I have kids that have school the next day, and most have to go back to work. They did not notify me either. I was really mad about that one. I cancelled my 11 people from airtran (127 one way). I got back my deposit and it just so happened that Southwest had an Internet one way at 1:00 - 5:30. I took a risk by doing 2 seperate reservations on the internet because they only book up to 8 on the internet. It turns out that was to my advantage, getting home earlier, and only 97 one way, same as my outbound flight. so im only paying 200 rt, thather than 230. I was pretty happy!

We are booked for Sept with Delta RT BCN--Just checked & ours have not changed (yet!) DH checks almost daily to avoid any little surprises! The first change for our return from cruise made the EARLIER departure time too tight so we were able to change to stay over an extra day-I would not want to hang around much more than that--now it would be way too late to change at the same geat fare we have--Hoping for the best! DELTA was very helpful with that first change once we got a live person on the phone--

I booked USAir in January for our September cruise. . . . Nashville to Amsterdam and Barcelona to NAshville. . . . We had a direct flight from Nashville to Philly, and direct Phillyl to Amsterdam. Same thing back from Barcelona. . . .

A month later, I checked my flights, and US Air had changed our outbound flight (They deleted the original outbound.), giving us an earlier departure out of Nashville, connecting through Charlotte to a Philly flight. The change gave us 59 minutes to make our Amsterdam flight once we got to Philly. . . .IF THEY WERE ON TIME. . .and US Air isn't known for being punctual.

So, I called, and after an HOUR-LONG fight, I got them to change us to an even earlier, direct flight to Philly. We now have 6 hours in Philly between flights, but I would rather have that than risk not making a connection.

And, their reason for not telling us? There was still a lot of time until we left until our flight.

AUGH

Chris

And I suppose if you hadn't noticed until nearer flight time, they would have told you it was too late to change it? Probably!

Oh, undoubtedly. As I mentioned, I had to argue with them to change us to the earlier flight. What I didn't mention was that after they finally agreed to change us to the earlier flight, the CSR said something about the change fee. :mad: Long story short, we didn't get charged anything extra. . . .I'm not sure if it was my less-than-normal-toned voice or what by that point.

As a side note, I bought the tickets on January 10. As of today (July 17), they have changed the itinerary FOUR times. Thankfully, the last three have been changes of less than 5 minutes in our outbound flights.

Chris

LOL Delta did it again. :rolleyes: This time on my return flight. No big deal, it is a 5 minute change and the flight number is the same. Again, no email or phone call. The 5 minutes is not a big deal BUT the seating assignment is.

It showed UNASSIGNED and there is no way in the world that the Delta site will let you select a seat. You have to CALL THEM. I asked the person who I finally got after a long wait and he said you have to call and confirm. They will not give you your seat assignment when there are changes.

We had made a date error with Delta and American Airlines, and we called within a day and America changed without any penalty...very smooth

Delta wanted to appyly a penalty of 100 dollars....we told them that American had chnaged theirs with no penalty and yes it was our mistake, but we were meeting people from Brazil in Chicago and we got the arrival date wrong...it got so bad with Delta, that we had booked with expedia and we called them and they canceled it for a 4 dollar service fee!!!

Amazing

Marlene

Airtran notifies by email of flight changes

Delta will not notify you. Last three times I flew with them, they changed the times and didn't tell me. Last time, they changed it 2 days before my flight to leave an hour before the original flight time. I certainly would have missed the flight if I didn't double check the reservation online. They have no problem emailing me the confirmation but can't call or email when something changes. I try not to fly them unless I really have to plus I hate Atlanta's airport too.

I have a Spirit flight in December that has changed 3 times in the month since I purchased it. Wonder when they will make up their mind.

I really think that airlines should have to pay a change fee back to you for changing times of flights. They charge us a change fee if we sneeze!

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: I found a change again. Flight changed by 5 minutes. Seat showed as unconfirmed again. I had to call Delta and sit on hold forever.

This makes it change number 4. I have 2 months to go. I wonder how many more times I am going to have to call them. :rolleyes:

Archived