Deck 9 AFT cabins, M-class?

Luxuriate

I have the chance to trade in my 6144 CC level room cabin number 9160 or 9162. Should I do it? I looked at the photograph posted of the AFT cabins on the M-class ships and noticed they are located right below the outside eating cafe. Will it be noisy? Will everyone be able to look down on us?

Thanks,

Cheryl

I haven't been there on M class, but I had a suite on Century that was right below the bar above (aft, of course) and the noise woke me daily.....not a good thing...When they washed the deck...it ended up on my oversized balcony...as they moved the chairs...well, you can imagie the noise! Again..C class, not M

I have the chance to trade in my 6144 CC level room cabin number 9160 or 9162. Should I do it? I looked at the photograph posted of the AFT cabins on the M-class ships and noticed they are located right below the outside eating cafe.

It's the aft bar and patio area. Yes, some people bring their food out there to eat at the tables.

Will it be noisy?

Probably not. A little chair noise at most. Not that bad.

Will everyone be able to look down on us?

Your patio is covered with a tarp except for the last 2-3 feet by the railing.

Thanks,

Cheryl

We had 9199 on May west coast/Alaska cruise and it was great. The guy in 9158 was a little rowdy at times (Hi George).

I have the chance to trade in my 6144 CC level room cabin number 9160 or 9162. Should I do it? I looked at the photograph posted of the AFT cabins on the M-class ships and noticed they are located right below the outside eating cafe. Will it be noisy? Will everyone be able to look down on us?

Thanks,

Cheryl

Cheryl,

We had 9201 on the Millennium a month ago. The balcony is HUGE and the views are magical. We did not have any issues with people from above looking down on us; there's a canvas shade over most of the balcony. We did not notice noise from people eating but you could hear the chairs scraping. It wasn't extremely loud but it was noticable. If you're a light sleeper, you might want to pass. At night (and as the ship sailed from each port), you can hear the guitar player from above, which for us was a definite bonus. All of that being said, I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Frederick

We've had an aft on Deck 9 and I don't remember any excess noise. We liked the guitar in the evening. Very soothing. And no, people can't look down on you unless you're out at the rail. We have one of those little "white noise" machines we take everywhere, so I never hear anyone in the hallways either. The minute I turn on the noise machine, I'm unconscious.;) BTW, we've had 6143/4 a few times - they're wider by about 10". DH prefers 6143/4; I like afts. Either would be an outstanding cabin. Have a great cruise!

Hi, I was in 9160 on SUMMIT back in Oct 2005 and there might

have been a bit of noise but nothing excessive. Actually,

after having a full day I always slept very soundly:)

Then again, I seem to sleep better on a ship than I do here

at home!

Frederick I was wondering did you get any sun on your balcony in 9201. We

have that cabin also and I was a little worried with the overhang that I wouldn't get any sun. Thanks.:)

Cruzin Girl,

There's plenty of sunshine on the last three feet of the balcony. It's wide enough to put the lounger at the end, completely in the sun. We were concerned that the balcony would be like a cave but that was never a problem. If you're looking for full sun, you might want to get an aft cabin on a lower level.

Frederick

WOW, I can't believe you haven't snagged that covetted AFT cabin right away. What's to think about? The aft veranda is 242 sq feet instead of 41 sq feet! The cabin is the same size at 191 sq feet. There are people on my roll call for Oct on the Millie who are STILL wait listed for an aft cabin.We just got ours last week after someone apparently cancelled their trip.

Hi Frederick,

We are in CC cabin #9201 on the Millie in Oct. Any tips for us? Did you ever eat any meals out there? Given the port intensity of this 14 day Med cruise, I hope to have time in the evenings just to lie out there and maybe see some stars. I CAN'T WAIT !!! :D MG

Hi Frederick,

We are in CC cabin #9201 on the Millie in Oct. Any tips for us? Did you ever eat any meals out there? Given the port intensity of this 14 day Med cruise, I hope to have time in the evenings just to lie out there and maybe see some stars. I CAN'T WAIT !!! :D MG

Monterey Girl,

We had breakfast out there almost every morning. We never ate dinner but there would have been plenty of room. We were able to watch the moon rise a couple of nights right over the wake of the ship. It was truly magical!! We would open our balcony door every evening, when getting ready for dinner, to listen to Glenn play his guitar during the sail away from port. We had our cabin stewart bring a cheese plate instead of canapes. We would munch on when we got back to the ship.

Have a great cruise!!

Frederick

We will be staying in #9195 aft cabin and feel very unsure of location? Have never stayed in an inside before but do not think it will a problem but wonder if anyone has stayed in this cabin that can shed some light?

WOW, I can't believe you haven't snagged that covetted AFT cabin right away. What's to think about? The aft veranda is 242 sq feet instead of 41 sq feet! The cabin is the same size at 191 sq feet. There are people on my roll call for Oct on the Millie who are STILL wait listed for an aft cabin.We just got ours last week after someone apparently cancelled their trip.

Hi Frederick,

9201 through the Panama Canal March on Infinity bonus having meals on the very large balcony going through the Panama Canal eating with 6 others

David & Eluned

• 3 weeks later...
9201 through the Panama Canal March on Infinity bonus having meals on the very large balcony going through the Panama Canal eating with 6 others

David & Eluned

Just managed to get 7201 for Millenium on 2nd December Twice in One Year, Fantastic

David

Daffydd,

This is Bruton Branch we are the cabin above you 8183 on the TA in December, we promise not to make any noise or throw things over the railing. We will bring more some rope and a basket - if you all need anything....

Bruton Branch:)

Paula

There are at least 6 cabins belonging to our CC party at the aft of the ship

David

Daffydd,

This is Bruton Branch we are the cabin above you 8183 on the TA in December, we promise not to make any noise or throw things over the railing. We will bring more some rope and a basket - if you all need anything....

Bruton Branch:)

If you miss you will be in the jacuzzi in the Pent House but still you will feel at home looking at the water from your shower in your boat on the Tenneess river

David

Thought I'd post the link to some pics of an aft M-class cabin:

http://homepage.mac.com/janjohnson/PhotoAlbum4.html

We loved this cabin! We had friends who were on Deck 9 aft and they enjoyed it too; never complained of too much noise.

Have a great cruise!

Regards,

Jan

Hi Jan! That trip to Mexico with you and Colin was the first we ever heard of an Aft cabin, we really enjoyed the party you had out there and your great margaritas!

55447138-S.jpg

Archived