NY City Subway Safety....in case you were worried

smeyer418

Unfortunately they fail to mention that a majority of those 4.9 million daily riders are commuters - when the subway cars are packed like cattle.

I use to work on Wall Street and while the Subways are safe, you should still never stand near the tracks unless you are keeping a watchful eye out of who is standing behind you and are aware of your surroundings at all times.

Unfortunately they fail to mention that a majority of those 4.9 million daily riders are commuters - when the subway cars are packed like cattle.

I use to work on Wall Street and while the Subways are safe, you should still never stand near the tracks unless you are keeping a watchful eye out of who is standing behind you and are aware of your surroundings at all times.

Of course its crowded during the rush hour by communters, but most tourist tend to ride off hours(after 9:30 am it empties out until 5 or so)...

you give good advice although its ironic that your screen name is Cassandra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

Most places public transportation is crowded during rush hour. Even in Bermuda the land of nice the residents prefer if the tourist stay off the buses and ferries during rush hour....they need it to get to WORK.

Thanks for posting this and just like the rest of NYC the subways are safer than they were many years ago. With that said, I always caution tourist to be street smart. Basically, keep a watchful eye no matter where you are.

Keith

Archived