What do you DO in the concierge lounge??

We also had a less than stellar concierge on one of our cruises. His name escapes me at the moment (senior moment:) ). He basically ignored everyone that came into the lounge in the evening, as all his of attention was devoted to this gorgeous blonde and her girlfriend, who were in the lounge every evening. He got their drinks, sat with them on a couch, and talked excusively with them, to the exclusion of everyone else in the room.

I really couldn't blame him though. If I were forty years younger, 100 pounds lighter, had all of my hair (still have my teeth !!), and oh yes, DW was NOT by my side, I would have been over there with the girls too.

Ah, the memories of youth.

(Just kidding dear, in case DW finds this thread)

Hypo

Got any photos of the ladies?

Uh, our own concierge experience on Radiance in January 2006 with Willie was wonderful. DW loved the cappucinos, we did have pre-dinner cocktails, and we enjoyed more fellow-passenger mingling and schmoozing and swapping of cruise stories and experiences than at most any other time in our RCI cruises. It got a bit crowded at times, but always civilized.

Hmmm.... ok...so maybe I should show up in the kids only area with martini in hand, plop down in a chair, and play "old farts" music on my portable radio.

Honestly, I don't understand why the kids would want to hang out with us in the CL lounge that clearly states over 21, when there are so many great programs aimed at their age group.

;)

Cheers! :)

Hmmm.... ok...so maybe I should show up in the kids only area with martini in hand, plop down in a chair, and play "old farts" music on my portable radio.

Honestly, I don't understand why the kids would want to hang out with us in the CL lounge that clearly states over 21, when there are so many great programs aimed at their age group.

;)

well said Pat.

;)

poorly said, pat

That's a depiction that has nothing to do with the described behavior of these folks and whether or not they should be allowed in the CL.

I think Pat's comments were Tongue in cheek.

I thought they might be, but when you responded with "well said," I thought maybe you found it to be a good argument. Obviously, it's not really a good analogy at all, since there's been no suggestion that the teens wanted to make the CL their primary hang-out, nor that they were bringing their personal radios in with them to listen to hip-hop or alt rock.

A better true analogy would be if you were the parent of a teen, and your child wanted to show you the kids area, so you went in with them and maybe sat down and talked for a few minutes. But that's not dramatic enough, of course. ;) ;)

poorly said, pat

That's a depiction that has nothing to do with the described behavior of these folks and whether or not they should be allowed in the CL.

Here,here...if my child,16, is with me and I'm making sure that she's not drinking why shouldn't she be with me. I like keeping an eye on her as much as I can. She's not loud, I'm not bringing in her friends, and I know that she's not going to be reckless.

Now I finally figured out where the unsupervised trouble maker teens come from on the ship. They are the result of the Concierge Lounge policy in the evenings. Since the teens aren't allowed in there, they go create their own fun while their parents are downing free drinks. :D

Now I finally figured out where the unsupervised trouble maker teens come from on the ship. They are the result of the Concierge Lounge policy in the evenings. Since the teens aren't allowed in there, they go create their own fun while their parents are downing free drinks. :D

Well said!!!!! So true

LOL! That does it-Jordan is staying in the Concierge lounge with me while I am downing all the free drinks i can take! Why have her running around the ship seeing bad behavior when she can be in the lounge with ME seeing MY bad behavior!:D :D ;)

Interesting -- I think it ws 21 on Mariner but this picture of a sign at the Diamond Lounge on Liberty says 18 (hopefully it uploaded -- I reduced the size:

Our letter from the Concierge on the Explorer for our June 2007 back to back states only guests 18 and above are permitted in the lounge. There is no specific time. Only guests 18 and up are allowed in no matter what the time and it was the same way in the fall. :)

I thought they might be, but when you responded with "well said," I thought maybe you found it to be a good argument. Obviously, it's not really a good analogy at all, since there's been no suggestion that the teens wanted to make the CL their primary hang-out, nor that they were bringing their personal radios in with them to listen to hip-hop or alt rock.

A better true analogy would be if you were the parent of a teen, and your child wanted to show you the kids area, so you went in with them and maybe sat down and talked for a few minutes. But that's not dramatic enough, of course. ;) ;)

Actually, alcheme, in MY experience (and it may not be everyone's), I was NOT allowed to enter the teen area! I was kept out by RC personnel, who told me, "For teens only. You can't come in."

Actually, alcheme, in MY experience (and it may not be everyone's), I was NOT allowed to enter the teen area! I was kept out by RC personnel, who told me, "For teens only. You can't come in."

I'd never guess you were a day older than 19. ;)

well said Pat.

Thanks Sherri!

I still think it is so wild that you are boarding the Freedom the day I disembark. Too bad My sister's birthday was not a week later, and we could be cruising together again! :)

Pat

poorly said, pat

Ummm...yes. My quote was quite obviously tongue in cheek.

This thread needed a little lighter tone.

Ummm...yes. My quote was quite obviously tongue in cheek.

This thread needed a little lighter tone.

I've seen enough people use equally ridiculous logic in posts and actually mean it. So I wouldn't say that your post was obviously tongue in cheek. But I'm glad to hear that it was. :D

Enjoy that martini. What kind of old-fart music do you like, btw??? :cool:

Thanks Sherri!

I still think it is so wild that you are boarding the Freedom the day I disembark. Too bad My sister's birthday was not a week later, and we could be cruising together again! :)

Pat

It really is too bad that we won't be cruisng togethe. Especially as FOS will do an eastern itinerary that week which was different that what we sailed on Mariner in 2005. And my wonderful jeweler, Ballerina-Jewelers, is in St. Thomas (and St. Maarten) so your sister could wait a week and buy herself a bang up birthday gift. LOL

Maybe we can sail again together or maybe we can get together the next time we cruise from Port C. Let's keep in touch.

Mock up of my email to avoid spam: sherriz366 at aol dot com.

What, you mean I can't take a martini to my son's Aqua Tots programs?

Not unless you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member. The lounge is for Grand Suite, Owners suites and Royal Suite passengers as well as D/D+ C & A members, unless there is a Diamond Lounge as on the Freedom or Liberty. Then the CL is only for the suite passengers and D/D+ passengers have their own Diamond lounge.

We have not been of this class (Vision) of ship before is there a concierge lounge and / or a Diamond Club?

I'm curious to know............how many of you that take the stand the Concierge should not break the rules snuck in liquor via your luggage. Are only the rules you like to be enforced? :eek:

I think the rules are the rules and I don't sneak liquor in my luggage. It never ceases to amuse me that if someone is complaining about kids, some parent complains about adults. If someone is complaining about a specific rule, someone else brings up alcohol.

Archived