Ping Pong? Shuffleboard? on the Voyager?

old3: Thanks very much for offering to answer questions-- and I hope you have as lovely a time as we did when we were on Voyager/Baltics several years ago. It was our first cruise (we didn't think we were "cruising types"), and we found that we loved everything abt the experience. (tho still much prefer sailing and some other kinds of vacations more)

Here's a question: If anyone in your party gets massage, I'd appreciate if you'd post about the experience. I enjoy them, but the prices on board are considerably more than I'm used to paying (understandably, I guess), and I only want to sign on if I hear that the therapists are superb. Thus would appreciate in-put abt any especially terrific or not-so-terrific practitioners.

Have a super voyage!

My wife and daughter viewed the prices and opted OUT of any spa treatments, whether a manicure or a massage. I have the price list if you're interested in anything in particular. I'll also listen for comments from other cruisers.

Luke

Hi Luke,

Thanks once again for your post. My favorite kind of massage is the hot stone, so I'd be interested in hearing the price for it and also for the "regular" (Swedish) massage. I remember that the rates are very high, but I don't remember exactly what they were; I may forgo the pleasure also (as I did on our other cruise). I would definitely be interested in hearing any specific feed-back about the folks who do the treatments (whom to ask for, whom to avoid)-- but please don't go out of your way to track down this info. If you happen to get wind of anything and can waft it my way, great.

Happy crusing!

Yipes! $70 is what I pay for a full 60 (not 50!) min Swedish massage at home. Massage etc on board must be mainly for the super-rich (which I fully intend to be in my next life). (oops-- but then I wouldn't be able to spend my professional life as a teacher-- which I adored-- so I guess no ship-board massages in any future life either) :-)

I hope you and your family are fully enjoying your cruise, Luke. We are fortunate folks who get to embrace such pleasures!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived