Booking 2 guarantees... close?

Tara&Jas

When booking two guarantee cabins what are the odds that they will be next to each other or close??

Do they typically try to keep you together?

Trying to avoid paying more and pre-selecting our cabins :)

When booking two guarantee cabins what are the odds that they will be next to each other or close??

I'v heard that usually they will try and keep you on the same deck, but its not always true. No, they dont "typically" keep you together, but its possible and sometimes happens that you could be close. I dont think there is a typical guarantee cabin.

You can link your reservations so you eat together at dininer.

I think at a guarentee it would be difficult for Carnvial to get you beside each other or even near one another, you would just have to get lucky. When I go on a family cruise with 3 rooms we book rooms by each other but when just my DH and I cruise we book on guarentee which always turns out pretty good.

When we booked two rooms with a guarantee we linked the two reservations together and ended up side by side. We booked (I think) a 1A and a 4A ended up with two 4Cs or something.

I know if isn't a guanantee but it worked for us. But, we understood the risk.

We booked a guaranteed balcony and a guaranteed inside cabin on our upcoming cruise and ended up with rooms right across the hall from each other (8A and 4D). If you have the reservations linked together you will have a better chance. There are no guarantees of this happeneing but I have done it several times and have always gotten lucky.

Here are my results:

1. Booked two guarantee 6A cabins. Ended up at the same end of the ship, on different sides.

2. Booked an inside guarantee; friends booked a specific balcony. Twice we were assigned cabins on their deck and not too far from them. Twice we were not only on a different deck, but at the other end of the ship.

I suspect that they make some attempt to keep linked bookings together as long as blocks of close cabins exist, then they plug the folks in to whatever is left. So it may depend on where your bookings happen to fall in the stack on the day they assign the guarantee cabins.

If it is important to be close, book specific cabins. If it would be nice to be close but it's no big deal if you are not, book guarantees.

We took the gamble and it worked for us. We booked an inside gty and a balcony gty which were linked and we were directly across from each other. Perhaps because we were family and the cabins listed husband in one and wife in the other?? Who knows but we'll likely book gty's again.

We have booked guarantees several times and have ALWAYS been very close to most of the others in our group. I know it doesn't always work out like that, so I guess we've been lucky -- or unlucky, depending on how you look at it. ;) At times, there have been one or two cabins (always a different category) that have been on another deck or farther away on the same deck, but the ones who booked the same type cabins OR insides and balcony cabins have always ended up very close to each other. I will continue to book guarantees unless Carnival is offering the past guest upgrades for the same price.

When our friends and my husband and I booked our cruise, through Carnival, we were given our cabins right next to each other. But I would think if you went through a travel agent, that would not be the case.

Last year we booked a 1a and 4a guarantee through a TA and had our reservations linked and ended up right next door to each other both with 4a's.

This year though I booked a 1a and they booked a 4a with an upgrade to a 4g and even though the reservations were linked their cabin is on deck 10 foreward and I received a 4a on deck 1 aft so we are about as far apart as we can get and still be on the same ship. So I guess it is the luck of the draw....doesn't really matter to us since we dont spend much time in the cabins anyways.

bob

Because the TA would be working with one couple at a time. Of course I am probably wrong.
Not necessarily. I give our TA all the names in each cabin, he then calls each family or person to get their payment info -- I don't need to be dealing with all that. ;) But even if each person called the TA individually, all he has to do is link all the bookings together and Carnival will know we are all cruising together. It doesn't mean we ARE going to have cabins together, but it seems Carnival does a really good job with it when they can. The only surefire way to know that you will have cabins together (whether you book directly with Carnival or a TA) is if you book it that way, rather than booking category guarantees.

Thanks... I appreciate all your advice and examples.

Not sure what we will do yet... we are booking within a group and taking the kids. Worst case scenario if the cabins are too far apart is that one adult sleeps in one room and one in the other... worth the risk? instead of being crammed in one cabin with 1 bathroom? (kids with be 9 & 12).

Thanks... I appreciate all your advice and examples.

Not sure what we will do yet... we are booking within a group and taking the kids. Worst case scenario if the cabins are too far apart is that one adult sleeps in one room and one in the other... worth the risk? instead of being crammed in one cabin with 1 bathroom? (kids with be 9 & 12).

Book specific rooms, you are guaranteed to be where you want, beside (across) from each other and you don't have to mess around with moving people (you can book both parents in one room and the kids in the other).

Archived