ATM in Heathrow?

poss

Are there ATM's for several different banks in the airport? (We'll be coming from the States.) Are they easy to use? Where are they? Thanks! (I just learned that our car transfer service doesn't accept credit cards, so will need to get cash. Hadn't expected to get BP's since we aren't remaining in GB.)

We had no problem locating an ATM machine at Heathrow. The one we used, in October 2004, was located near where the car rental agencies have booths, after we picked up our luggage. It was our very first experience, ever, using an ATM in a country other then our native USA. Worked great and we have been using the ATM method for all our cash needs all over the world ever since!

Are there ATM's for several different banks in the airport? (We'll be coming from the States.) Are they easy to use? Where are they? Thanks! (I just learned that our car transfer service doesn't accept credit cards, so will need to get cash. Hadn't expected to get BP's since we aren't remaining in GB.)

I'm not sure if they're from different banks, but there are plenty of ATMs available. Just make sure you have a 4-digit PIN (and I'm pretty sure you should memorize your PIN as a number, rather than as letters, since I believe the keys on European ATMs only have numbers on them).

It's very easy.

Thank you, everyone.

Zelker: Check my car service query on the Regent Seven Seas board. There are several car services listed there which people speak well of.

Are there ATM's for several different banks in the airport? (We'll be coming from the States.) Are they easy to use? Where are they?
There are plenty of ATMs at every level of every terminal building, provided by different banks. Just look for the signs, or ask at the airport information desk. There is no guarantee that you'll be able to find a machine provided by a specific bank, but the chances are reasonably good. In any case, the identity of the bank providing the ATM rarely matters to most people, as you'll only be using the international network (Visa, Mastercard, Cirrus, Plus etc) facility in any event.

You may also want to look at this page for Heathrow terminal maps.

Is it normal in the UK for a car service not to accept CCs

Archived