Princess Cay question

Hoosier44

We will be going on the Caribbean Princess next month with a stop at Princess Cay. After looking at the brochure and pictures, I'm wondering if it is almost a necessity to rent a beach cabana or are there lounge chairs available at no charge. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

We will be going on the Caribbean Princess next month with a stop at Princess Cay. After looking at the brochure and pictures, I'm wondering if it is almost a necessity to rent a beach cabana or are there lounge chairs available at no charge. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

There are chairs at no charge. As for the cabana, they are popular and sometimes sell out before you get there. We don't bother.:) :D :) :D

Don't rent a two person cabana! I think the cabana rental at Princess Cays was possibly the biggest ripoff I've seen on a cruise. What a total waste of money. They are little 2 person half tent clam shell things set out in the baking sun in tightly knit rows. There is no air circulation and they are hot as #e!!.

My sister and brother in law made the mistake of wasting their money on them and got so hot they ending up abandoning theirs as did many others. They ended up joining us under the palms using one of the many hundreds of free lounge chairs they have all over the place. We had our own little oasis under a grove of palm or coconut trees that was much more picturesque than the lemmings baking in the sun lined up in the bungalows.

I highly recommend NOT getting a beach cabana and instead using free lounge chairs to get away from the massive crowds close to the entrances. As long as you aren't the last group getting to the shore, there are plenty of lounge chairs everywhere.

Take a look at sonomaphil's pictures they show on the link in the post just before this one. You'll see plenty of chairs everywhere. In the sun, in the shade, literally all over the place. On Page 4 of the sonomaphil's pics, look at images 1021-1024 and you'll see what the little cabanas look like and their "lovely" view they have. Looking at the back of the row of cabanas in front of you with not a tree in sight. :(

Again, this in just one person's opinion. Well, more than one actually. Everybody in our group (including the people that rented them) thought they were extremely hot and extremely over rated. In a word; a "ripoff".

btw, very nice pictures, sonomaphil. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
I see a series of pictures from sonomaphil's album starting on about pg 6, #1056-1081 that appear to be what I assume is one of the beach bungalows. Is this correct? They look very nice.

Correct, those are the beach bungalows. A very worthwhile investment

• 3 weeks later...

Archived