The Happy Wanderer---Swingin' On A Star!

RuthC

Thanks, Dan and Marie. I really have been giving this cruise some thought, but I think I have a better (for me, anyway) idea.

I can get a 10-day Baltic cruise without having to pay any airfare! :D That's 'cause I'll already be on the E-dam, so I can stay on for the second 10-day cruise on the same plane ticket. That's a real consideration.

So, much as I appreciate the invite I think it won't come to pass this time. :(

YIPPPIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can get a 10-day Baltic cruise without having to pay any airfare! :D That's 'cause I'll already be on the E-dam, so I can stay on for the second 10-day cruise on the same plane ticket. That's a real consideration.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you still have the same cabin as the first 10-days, the one with the rowdy, party couple in the connecting cabin? :D

Just wanted to pop in here and respond to Martha's question about cabin 100.

It was great - no sofa and only one bed which seemed to be bigger than a regular twin. The walk-in closet and bathroom were the same as double cabins and the wall grouping with drawers and TV, etc. were just configured differently. The view out the window was excellent. I especially liked that few people knew about the deck area which was accessed just outside my cabin. I could go out there for pictures of the incredible scenery and not have to fight the crowds on the other decks. I took pictures of the cabin but have no idea how to post them here. If you want to email me, please do and I'll send them to you. Patricia _ field @ comcast . net. Of course, no spaces.

BTW, I saw Thom in town one day with a blond and he had said Friday was their fifth anniversary so I "assumed" that was his wife.

RuthC, I enjoyed talking with you at our CC meetings. I've done a few strickly solo trips - some excellent, some just okay. It's a passenger mix thing - but still a fabulous trip.

Pat

Thanks, Pat!

Great description. Very pleased. Have couple of other questions...will do by email (IF I can figure it out).

I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Martha

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you still have the same cabin as the first 10-days, the one with the rowdy, party couple in the connecting cabin? :D

I'm thinking, Mary Ellen. Thinking. I haven't contacted my TA yet, although I almost did today. I'll probably shoot off an e-mail about it tomorrow.

Kinda sounds like I'm going to do it, doesn't it. I guess I just don't know it yet. :rolleyes:

Do you think I can stand another 10 days with those folks next door? ;)

I did it. Probably I should be ashamed of myself for being so extravagant. But I did it anyway. :o

I booked the second 10 days! :D Had to change my cabin two doors down so that I don't have to move after the inaugural, but I know I get to keep those same rowdy neighbors! ;)

I did it. Probably I should be ashamed of myself for being so extravagant. But I did it anyway. :o

I booked the second 10 days! :D Had to change my cabin two doors down so that I don't have to move after the inaugural, but I know I get to keep those same rowdy neighbors! ;)

YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Ruth, if you don't mind please email me your cabin number and I'll look into trying to get moved to close to where you are for that second cruise. :)

RuthC ... when you were on your recent cruise on the PRISENDAM did they have organized board games/sport games for prizes?

The short answer is "yes", they did. I remember that Trivia was played daily for real prizes. There was also Name That Tune on several nights, but I could only get there once as I was at dinner. :( Bummer.

There were several other opportunities to play games during the day, but I passed on them so didn't pay attention to the specifics of what, how often, etc. I do have my Daily Program from each day, though. If you want me to look it up I'll be happy to do so. :)

Ruth ..Enjoyed your wonderful review of our favorite ship!

We ate lunch every day in the Lido..I especially loved the Pasta station..Gained a few lbs. on that trip..

You are a wonder & I give you so much credit for going solo..I know that there is no way I could do a solo trip like that..Even when I traveled for business would either eat in the hotel coffeee shop or order room service..Can't honestly explain why either..

Thanks so much for letting us tag along..:) Betty

You are a wonder & I give you so much credit for going solo..I know that there is no way I could do a solo trip like that.

Don't sell yourself short, Betty. When the choice is go alone, or don't go, alone, then it's a lot easier to get up and go.

It's easy---actually kind of compulsory---to sit with others in the Lido. Instant companions for the meal. Dinner companions (at least with Traditional dining) are automatic and consistant. A cruise is a great environment for a woman traveling alone.

Betty,

When you have a chance, hop on over to the Solo board here on CC, and read about solo cruising. I absolutely LOVE it. I have cruised with my dh, family, friends, and if dh can not go, my preference is solo. With cruising, you can either have some company or not. It has many benefits, imo. I hope you will try it someday :).

Marie

Don't sell yourself short, Betty. When the choice is go alone, or don't go, alone, then it's a lot easier to get up and go.

It's easy---actually kind of compulsory---to sit with others in the Lido. Instant companions for the meal. Dinner companions (at least with Traditional dining) are automatic and consistant. A cruise is a great environment for a woman traveling alone.

Ruth, understand completely what you are saying..Even when I lived alone in my 20 & 30's (before meeting DH) I was the same.. Had lots of friends, but would never go to a Bar, Movie or Restaurant alone..It probably is because of my dear Mother.. As my sole Parent from infancy, she only went to Church or Business functions & occasionally with friends.. Most times she took me along..Mom was so outgoing & vibrant & would never be embarrassed about anything.. She even had the United Pilot charmed on her first flight..All they talked about was antiques..

One would never know it, but I'm really very shy with strangers..Have been in acting classes & also several productions, just to overcome my shyness, but it really never helped..Once I get to know someone though: Watch out! LOL.. ;) I certainly wish I was more like my Mom & realize it's irrational & stupid, but can't see myself changing..

Betty,

When you have a chance, hop on over to the Solo board here on CC, and read about solo cruising. I absolutely LOVE it. I have cruised with my dh, family, friends, and if dh can not go, my preference is solo. With cruising, you can either have some company or not. It has many benefits, imo. I hope you will try it someday :).Marie

Thanks Marie, DH & I are retired so no chance he can't come with me, but will look at that WEB site..

I still admire you both,:) think you have great courage to travel Solo & completely understand why it's so important for Solo's to have Traditional Dining! Betty

Ruth, understand completely what you are saying..Even when I lived alone in my 20 & 30's (before meeting DH) I was the same.. Had lots of friends, but would never go to a Bar, Movie or Restaurant alone..It probably is because of my dear Mother.. As my sole Parent from infancy, she only went to Church or Business functions & occasionally with friends.. Most times she took me along..Mom was so outgoing & vibrant & would never be embarrassed about anything.. She even had the United Pilot charmed on her first flight..All they talked about was antiques..

One would never know it, but I'm really very shy with strangers..Have been in acting classes & also several productions, just to overcome my shyness, but it really never helped..Once I get to know someone though: Watch out! LOL.. ;) I certainly wish I was more like my Mom & realize it's irrational & stupid, but can't see myself changing..

As a fairly new solo traveler who is also shy, I agree with the others, don't rule it out. You could really surprise yourself someday! I would never have thought I'd do the type of solo trip I've booked for next year or my first solo cruise last Fall. But when my life changed suddently last year I knew I wasn't ready to stay home and never travel again. That's not saying the first trip was easy because it wasn't but it was still better than being home alone and I'm really glad I took the chance. Luckily this year my family took a cruise with me in honor of my late DH. It was wonderful and I hope I'll cruise with some of them in the future but there are places I want to go that won't work with their schedules/lives. Most of my friends have no desire to cruise and think I'm totally crazy (and many days I agree with them on that:rolleyes: ) but I don't want to wait until one of them is ready to take a trip with me and risk not ever going. So if it's either solo or not go at all the decision is easy. Now if I could only figure out how to get more vacation days a year:D

Ruth, Thanks so much for sharing your trip-- you write so well we felt we we right there--good to hear abt yr feelings abt going alone too---I guess it is something many of us will be facing one day. So glad you have booked yr next cruises--we all need something to look forward to.

Many many thanks and every good wish--love those tune titles too.

Wendy & Al (soon to be on the Statendam -Vancouver--Auckland in September)

Thank you very much, Wendy and Al. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the ride!

love those tune titles too.

It's getting tougher and tougher to come up with appropriate titles without repeating! In truth, this time I did repeat some titles from the '03 cruise. :o But, then again, there's no sin in hearing those great songs again (you do hear them in your head all day, don't you? :D ).

Archived