The Happy Wanderer---Swingin' On A Star!

RuthC

She's certainly a pretty little ship! Absolutely beautiful. :) She's arranged very differently than the others, but the famous HAL crew and staff let me know immediately that I'm "home".

Arrived safely after a decent flight from Boston. (Don't get me started about getting through security, though. :mad: ) I was the sole occupant in a row of four seats so up went the armrests and down went RuthC to sleep her way across the Atlantic. I did find Goldilocks getting ready to sleep in my bed when I returned from the lavatory, but quickly managed to reclaim what was "mine". ;)

After a day in Amsterdam trying to adjust to the time difference I boarded yesterday.

I've wandered around getting used to the deck plan, visited Heather's cabin area (and left her greetings), and found the hidden "private" deck. Very nice. :)

I need a little more time to get used to the Prinsendam, but already feel she just may be the "star" of the HAL fleet. And I get 18 days to swing on her! :D

Twinkle Twinkle

I hope you are enjoying your at sea day on your way to Oslo.

Did you sail away in the sunlight or were you "singin in the rain"?

I really want to know if your walkin closet is bigger than the cabin , and most of all I want to know what you said to Goldilocks, was it the traditional "Who's been sleeping in MY bed?

Remember I'm sailing with you in Spirit, so if you hear things that go bump in the night.....it's ME!

fondly,

GN

Great to hear from you Ruth - happy to know that you are enjoying my favorite HAL ship -- do visit the Java bar in the afternoons if you are ever wanting for chocolate and don't forget the Explorer's lounge in the evenings! I so lust after your itinerary -- do continue to keep us posted.

Ruth,

How WONDERFUL! The next 18 days are going to be a lot of fun ... I just wish I were aboard that lady with you. :D

One day, perhaps, I'll get to go aboard her myself. Not in 2008, though. HAL's schedule for her makes it nearly impossible for me to book aboard her at any point during the year. :( But ... maybe in 2009 (assuming she's still with the fleet).

Oh ... about Goldilocks ... was she how did Mama Bear chase her off??

From Paul and Debbi, your Piano Bar buddies from the Voyage of the Spammed!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

How you going to spend our evenings with no Piano Bar? I know you will find a way to have a great time!

Archived