1388/1688 on Voyager Class

My TA is trying to book us on a B7B S Carib in October '08 on Adventure and we can have 1388, which is a JS size cabin with walk in closet, & a pole by the bed which I am getting a laugh out of trying it.

Now I see a post with photos of the rear of a Voyager class ship and it has a tiny balcony with a solid side, so no wrap around balcony as we thought? Or the site is incorrect.

So who has been in either of these, on Adventure hopefully to clue us in so we don't make a mistake. I am an AFT person with all the room on the balcony & a D1 stateroom which 1388 is. But being told it is JS size but where is the BIG balcony????

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/albums/cabins/aftbalconies/13881688/html/13881688FR.html

We had 1688 on the Mariner in June. Balcony had 3 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs and 2 small tables. Balcony is not rap around and solid wall actually allows for some shade. The room doesn't have a walk-in closet. It is very good size though, more square than long rectangular.

Great photos, making it much better than the rear of the ship shot with the tiny balcony showing. So we will grab it for 2 weeks sailing S Carib to get the bang for the buck with flights to/from San Juan.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/albums/cabins/aftbalconies/13881688/html/13881688FR.html

We had 1688 on the Mariner in June. Balcony had 3 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs and 2 small tables. Balcony is not rap around and solid wall actually allows for some shade. The room doesn't have a walk-in closet. It is very good size though, more square than long rectangular.

The reason most people book those 2 cabins is because of the size of the inside of the cabin, it is the size of a Junior Suite at the D1 Category Price, It's not because the size of the Balcony, really the Balconies of Cabin 1690 and 1390 are much nicer then those 2 corner balconies you are asking about.

Jimbo:)

My TA is trying to book us on a B7B S Carib in October '08 on Adventure and we can have 1388, which is a JS size cabin with walk in closet, & a pole by the bed which I am getting a laugh out of trying it.

Now I see a post with photos of the rear of a Voyager class ship and it has a tiny balcony with a solid side, so no wrap around balcony as we thought? Or the site is incorrect.

So who has been in either of these, on Adventure hopefully to clue us in so we don't make a mistake. I am an AFT person with all the room on the balcony & a D1 stateroom which 1388 is. But being told it is JS size but where is the BIG balcony????

More pics: http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

What is a B7B? seven trips in a row?

We stayed in 1688 on the Mariner and now have both 1688 and 1388 booked for May on the AOS. These cabins are awesome! If you check out Bonnie Voyager's posts (CC's resident aft cabin expert), you'll see 1688 is her favorite cabin because it is the best combination of cabin size and balcony size. No the balcony doesn't wrap around, but you can look around and see the side view, but the wall does provide a shady area. The balcony is awesome in that of all the aft cabins, you have the best view down to the ocean without obstruction by the steel girders you get in cabins closer to the center. The balcony is big enough for 3 loungers and 3 regular chairs and 2 or three tables- we had breakfast for 6 of us out there! Steel beam in the cabin is of no concern, it didn't bother us at all. You have so much extra space in the cabin it is like getting a free JS. Also, it's a nice quiet part of the ship back there, you almost feel like you have your own private entrance hallway!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Toonjie! My hubby and I were thrilled to have booked 1688 on the Voyager Feb of 2009 but then I started reading negative things about the cabin and trying to decide if we should switch. After reading your post I'm excited about our cabin again :)

PS Did you have much movement or vibrations back there?

Thank you Toonjie! My hubby and I were thrilled to have booked 1688 on the Voyager Feb of 2009 but then I started reading negative things about the cabin and trying to decide if we should switch. After reading your post I'm excited about our cabin again :)

PS Did you have much movement or vibrations back there?

I can't speak for 1688 on the Voyager, but I just got off the Explorer, and there were no vibration *issues*.

:)

Pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610255

No vibrations or soot or anything like that on the Mariner, there is more motion than mid-ship, but we didn't have rough seas so there was no problem. Cabin size is same as a JS, balcony 5x the size of a regular one!

Thanks to Toonjie and Merion_Mom for your answers about the aft cabin. I am somewhat sensitive to motion but OTC pills seem to work well enough for me if I'm a little...............shall I say queasy............

I think the great cabin size and the huge balcony will be winners. I think the ultimate luxury is having a couple of lounge chairs on our own private balcony. What a life! :)

Archived