Help me choose a hotel in FLL!

xan51090

Dawn - the N. 26th location. It sounds really nice.

I booked the Amerisuites because it looks like it has more room for the 4 of us, a full breakfast is included and it is being renovated and will be Hyatt Place in January. ($161)I also have Comfort Inn and Suites Air/Cruise port 9$178) since I am indecisive. ;) Any thoughts?

Well, for the price, we could get separate rooms if we wanted for the price of what the Sleep Inn was going to cost us. So we opted for the LaQuinta w/all the same amenities as the Sleep Inn. (I've also not read one bad thing about the LaQuinta like I have the Sleep Inn.):rolleyes:

We have booked the same La Quinta for March. We would love to hear from you about how it is when you get back. We would still have time to change if we need to.

It sounds good and sounds like plenty of places nearby to eat.

Michigan group here too.

I booked the Amerisuites because it looks like it has more room for the 4 of us, a full breakfast is included and it is being renovated and will be Hyatt Place in January. ($161)I also have Comfort Inn and Suites Air/Cruise port 9$178) since I am indecisive. ;) Any thoughts?

DawnCt,

We stayed at the Amerisuites last fall pre-cruise and would go back in a heartbeat. We paid $79.00 per night for two nights (through valuetrips.com), and they have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport and a shuttle that brings you to Port Everglades. This hotel has gotten quite a bad rap in the reviews, but we really did not mind it at all. Yes, it was a bit worn here and there, but the price was right, our room was clean and very spacious, and the complimentary breakfast is awesome!

canadiangirltoo

I called the Amerisuites directly a few months ago to book rooms for December and was told it was changing to the Hyatt place and that they would no longer be offering the free breakfast, so you might want to check that. We are holding a suite at the Embassy suites, which we love. The location is great and comfortable accomadations.

It does not have a shuttle from the airport, but they did take us to the pier the next day, though I was told several times that we couldn't take the shuttle. When I went down to order a taxi the doorman told us he would let us on the shuttle (who knows)

Love the Irish pub accross the street and close proximity to liquor store and the Publix. This time we are going in 2 days early so we can get down to the river walk.

Last year we took a bump for our flight home from Ft Lauderdale and they put us up in Plantation. It did take 45 minutes for the hotel shuttle to get us there with bad traffic. We found not much more than the Saw Grass Mall in the area, but enjoyed ourselves. It probably was 15 minutes the next morning back to the airport.

I have someone checking out the Comfort suites at the end of this month. Last year everyone who stayed there (and many who left refusing to stay there) where not happy at all with that hotel.

I fly into FLL most of the time, even if I am sailing out of Miami. I have taken the share a ride and it works great. I really like the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for location and rates. The Intercontintal is beautiful, but unless you have a large pocketbook don't order a drink there. $10 plus tip for a mixed drink which I needed badly after Royal Caribbean finally moved us out of the Ramada at Midnight.:eek:

We all have our stories;) Hope you all have a great vacation. Remember to relax and chant the montra "Every ting is cool mon"

....did you hear bad things about the Comfort Inn Airport & Cruiseport hotel on Federal Hwy ?? There are 3 Comfort hotels so I was wondering which one got the bad rap .

It's the one on Stirling Road that's got the bad reputation, not so much the hotel, it's the neighborhood it's in.

I'm looking for feedback on this hotel. Has anyone stayed there or know anything about it?

I just called the Extended Stay America. I know they will move you to another one of their locations if they're full. The woman said it doesn't happen very often, mostly if they have a convention. We're going to keep our reservation ~ worse thing that can happen ~ we get to try a different hotel.

We stayed at the HIE on SR-84 last Feb and it had a free shuttle from the airport as well as a shuttle to the pier, and a free breakfast. Of course we paid $180 per room w/taxes included even using Priceline. It was Super Bowl week and rooms were at a premium.

We are leaving again in Feb, also on Super Bowl weekend (we must be gluttons for punishment!) but have booked the hotel thru Princess and the rate is $158 per room at the Marriott North which is quite a way from the pier but we also purchased the transfers @ $10/pp each way. It is still cheaper than the room rates I have seen out there for that time of the year. Most start at $239/noc.

I called the Amerisuites directly a few months ago to book rooms for December and was told it was changing to the Hyatt place and that they would no longer be offering the free breakfast, so you might want to check that. We are holding a suite at the Embassy suites, which we love. The location is great and comfortable accomadations.

You are right. No more full breakfast: Here's a cut and paste from their web site:

About Hyatt Place food & beverage

Guests at Hyatt Place may purchase signature hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees or enjoy a free continental breakfast. Hyatt Place also offers a variety of freshly prepared, café quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza which guests can order 24 hours a day, seven days a week via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from the Gallery Host.

Our unprecedented approach to food services includes a cashless food center with a kiosk for touch-screen ordering along with card swipe technology. This allows guests to use their room key card to charge orders to their room folio.

We are booked the LaQuinta also. Pre-cruise, 1 night sailing on the Millennium January 13th. Anyone else??? After a lot of research we picked this hotel. The reviews and price can't be beat! Hopefully this will be a winner!! Last time we sailed from Fort Lauderdale we stayed at the Best Western Marina Inn & Yacht Harbor. Go to find out this property has been torn down to make way for condos.

We are booked the LaQuinta also. Pre-cruise, 1 night sailing on the Millennium January 13th. Anyone else??? After a lot of research we picked this hotel. The reviews and price can't be beat! Hopefully this will be a winner!! Last time we sailed from Fort Lauderdale we stayed at the Best Western Marina Inn & Yacht Harbor. Go to find out this property has been torn down to make way for condos.

The one on N. 26th Street?

Well, for the price, we could get separate rooms if we wanted for the price of what the Sleep Inn was going to cost us. So we opted for the LaQuinta w/all the same amenities as the Sleep Inn. (I've also not read one bad thing about the LaQuinta like I have the Sleep Inn.):rolleyes:

Read the fll thread about the Sleep Inn Dania. I know it got a bad rap review but it makes me wonder that if the guy had a serious issue why he stayed there after his cruise. I almost cancelled my stay but after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor.com I changed my mind.

Robb

Archived