Water Shoes at DRF

lilstinger

What's the deal with the water shoes at Dunns River Falls? Do you have to rent them, or can you just wear old sneakers? Do you really need them for traction?

Also, should we bring a camera along, or is there an official photographer taking pics that we can purchase afterwards?

you can wear an old sneakers yes people are there that take pictures but i would say bring your camera give it to the the guide taking you up the falls when finish he will be expecting a tip

Yes, bring your tennis shoes. You'll be glad you did for traction and some rocks can be alittle sharp, not to many, but my father-in-law cut his leg when he stepped the wrong way..his luck it was probably the only sharp rock around.

And yes, there is a photographer there that will take your pic. about half way up.

Yes, bring your tennis shoes. You'll be glad you did for traction and some rocks can be alittle sharp, not to many, but my father-in-law cut his leg when he stepped the wrong way..his luck it was probably the only sharp rock around.

And yes, there is a photographer there that will take your pic. about half way up.

Do you think it's better to use tennis shoes or water shoes (we have both chance)?

Do you think it's better to use tennis shoes or water shoes (we have both chance)?

I would not recommend using sneakers, although I did see one person with them (we just got back Saturday). They are heavy and will get soaking wet, making them even heavier. You can rent them if you need to, some of our group had to. But they are really cheap at home even if you just throw them away afterwards.

They do take pictures that they will sell at the end. We always bring, at least,a disposable underwater camera. We also have a housing for our digital so we use that most of the time. The guides are pretty good about picture stops along the way.

Yes, you do need water shoes, or some kind of shoe with a gripping sole, for traction and foot protection. The rocks are quite slippery in places and it's easy to mis-step and hurt your foot. Going barefoot is not an option I'd want to try!

You can rent water shoes there. I prefer to bring my own; I used tevas, which worked fine for me. Old sneakers will work, but I hate wearing them when they're wet; personal preference.

There are lots of cheap and expensive water shoes available. If you don't think you'll use them again, just buy the cheapies and give or throw them away at the end of the excursion. I bought my tevas years ago, and though they were kind of pricey at the time, I've used them on almost every cruise since and they are still in good shape, so it was money well spent.

I have my old scuba boots from when I used to dive...would those work for the falls? They have a sole and cover my foot and ankle. I just hate to buy water shoes if I already have something that will work...

Definitely buy water shoes, I bought a pair of keen sandals, abotu $100 but I do alot of stuff outside. Buy some cheap water shoes at walmart and you're good to go. Make sure you buy them tight so they don't slip off

Keen sandals would work great; my husband has a pair and loves them. They are pretty expensive but are comfortable and washable.

Besides traction, you need shoes that protect your feet from sharp and hard rocks. I have very tender feet and need something with a sole.

If you can still find Water shoes at home they should be rather cheap. Around the Midwest where I live, it is time for school and not the old "fun in the sun of summer". The ship had them for about $20 each, I think we purchased ours for $5-$10 before we left home.

Archived