24 hours in İstanbul

I posted these links in answer to a question on another thread, but thought others planning a cruise stop in Istanbul may find it useful.

I'm blogging about our 24 hours spent independently in Istanbul as an overnight cruise stop. Four of us used a combination of public transportation, taxis, a guide for a few hours and our feet to see the Spice Bazaar, Aya Sofya, the Basilica Cisterns, Grand Bazaar, the Beyoglu district for dinner, the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace.

I've written up so far through dinner.

24 hours in İstanbul | Part I - arrival, a tram ride, the Egyptian Spice Bazaar and a taxi swindle

24 hours in İstanbul | Part II -Aya Sofya (Hagia Sophia) and the Basilica Cisterns

24 hours in İstanbul | Part III - The Grand Bazaar

24 hours in İstanbul | Part IV - a mezes dinner at a traditional Turkish meyhane

• 2 weeks later...

Loved reading your "24 hours in Istanbul" We leave in a few weeks for a cruise starting in Istanbul. We have hired a guide for 3 days for a pre cruise visit. I looked at your itinerary and it looked great. Have your written any reviews of any of the other ports on your Celebrity cruise? Would love to read them.

Mary Lou

Thanks Mary Lou. How lucky you are to have 3 days to spend!

I have a few other accounts of our days posted:

Naples/Capri:

Santorini:

Rhodes:

I plan to write about Athens next.

Have a great trip!

Fantastic photos!! You especially did a great job inside the Mosques, the lighting is not so great. Your photos are so clear and full of color!

How nice for you that can travel like this after "only" 10 years of being married. We waited to long to go to Europe, we went for our 30th. Hooked now, and can't wait to go back.

Thanks for sharing, going to look at the rest of your collection.

Your Istanbul blogs brought so many memories as we were there just a few days before you. I also concur, your photo's were excellent in the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Our came out dark and blurred due to movement.

I look forward to reading your port blogs in the near future.

Nanatravel

Archived