"Problem" with CC site

Does this happen to anyone else? I have the main page for the boards bookmarked and when I click on it, instead of going straight to that page my browser takes me to the sign in page for the boards, PLUS it automatically opens another window with the CC home page! I have tried clearing cookies, emptying the cache (I'm using Safari), deleting CC from my bookmarks and starting over, but nothing seems to correct this.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just something I should learn to live with and just be glad I can get to the boards eventually? I am not the brightest bulb on the string when it comes to computers, but in my 4 years of using this one I've never had this happen. It's only been going on for about 3 days.

Thanks for any help!

Carol

Does this happen to anyone else? I have the main page for the boards bookmarked and when I click on it, instead of going straight to that page my browser takes me to the sign in page for the boards, PLUS it automatically opens another window with the CC home page! I have tried clearing cookies, emptying the cache (I'm using Safari), deleting CC from my bookmarks and starting over, but nothing seems to correct this.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just something I should learn to live with and just be glad I can get to the boards eventually? I am not the brightest bulb on the string when it comes to computers, but in my 4 years of using this one I've never had this happen. It's only been going on for about 3 days.

Thanks for any help!

Carol

My advice? Get a real computer, not a mac, or at least one that doesn't use Safari! I bet this is your problem. No offense intended, but I've ran into people onboard with Macs, and they're the ones who usually have the problems getting online, or browser issues.

Thanks for any help!

Carol

Carol, I use the RC page as my bookmark, and it takes me directly here. :)

When you log in do you check the box marked "Remember Me" it will place a cookie on your PC an dwhen you click the hyperlink you should see Welcome emilygrace. If that fails look at your internet browser properties you may have the setting to delete cookies immediately.

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough! We won't get into the PC vs. Mac issue here.

I have had the CC main message board page bookmarked for 4 years, and in all those 4 years I have been able to get to it with just a click. All of a sudden, about 3 or 4 days ago, it starts up with this new stuff, taking me to the sign in page and automatically opening ANOTHER window with the CC home page. I have not changed any of my settings. I do check the "remember me" box every time I sign in, but it never remembers me! I was so used to just being able to come directly to the boards and this is just frustrating. Not life altering, just a pain.

To the anti-Mac poster, yes, I admit it doesn't do it when I use Firefox, but I prefer Safari. And I have always used Safari up until now without this little quirk. And on a side note....my Mac with dial up is faster than my friend's computers (PCs) that have high speed. So I'm sticking with my iBook!

My advice? Get a real computer, not a mac

Any computer (PC) that makes you press the "start" button to "stop" or turn it off, is not a real computer!;)

Get a MAC and you'll see what a real intuitive, elegant computer is all about, one that was designed specifically to work with the creative human mind !!:)

I have to "tolerate" PC's and their laborious extra steps all day at work. When I go home to my MAC I feel like a great weight has lifted off my shoulders!:)

Carol,

I don't normally interject, but here I thought I would! Usually, when you go to the CC boards page, a "pop up" page will appear with the home page. This is intended. In regards to the logging on page, some browers are set to not keep "cookies" and information relevent to log on information on their machine (PC or MAC). Did you recently upgrade your OS within your MAC? Uprgade to the latest beta of Safari, perhaps? Either way, something on your machine is causing the cookie to be "removed" so each time you come to the boards, you have to log on (hence the "sign in page" you mentioned above).

Hope that helps you a little!

Thanks for your input, Mike. I don't know what happened between earlier this morning and now, but it's working fine now. Just clicked on my link in my bookmarks and it brought me right to the main message boards page. Who knows how these things work.......probably some sort of hiccup with Safari. Maybe a little digestive problem with the cookies that has resolved itself.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!

Archived