Sun vs Jewel or Pearl

Volunton

My partner and I were on the Jewel (in March 2007) and we're thinking about taking the Sun to Honduras, Belize, Mexico on Dec. 15, 2007.

Anyone been on the Jewel and Sun and care to give a comparison between them?

THANKS! :cool:

I've been on the Jewel, and the Pearl, and the Sun, and would gladly sail any of them again. I really like that itinerary that the Sun is doing -- we've been to both Roatan (Honduras) and Belize twice, sailing out of Houston on the old NCL Sea, and love both those stops.

The Sun is slightly smaller than the Jewel or the Pearl, but I think most of the staterooms are slightly larger. It holds about 2,000 passengers, compared to 2,500 for the Jewel and Pearl. We talked with several of the crew on the Jewel, who saw my DH's T-shirt from the Sun, and they all mentioned that the Sun was their favorite ship. I'm not sure if there are quite as many restaurant on the Sun as there are on the Jewel class ships, but it was designed for freestyle, so I know there are some specialty restaurants available. I find the furnishings on the Sun to be much more "classic" cruise ship, than the bright colors on the Jewel and the Pearl -- but liked all of them. The Sun does have the multi-story atrium, with glass elevators that for several stories, if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Anything more specific that you want to know, just ask :D .

• 2 weeks later...

Order I look at things when booking.

1. Does it fit my travel days

2. Itinereary - does it go to place I want, or palce I don't (Key West)

3. What level of cabin can I get (hate low and would never get inside.. need D or C level OV) - This goes to COST!!!

4. Port the ship leaves (can we get ther cheap)

5. What is on the given ship only if everyting else is the same

I think we all agree, any one of them would be fine. The Sun went into the water in 2001, she is 6, the Jewel is 2 and the Pearl about a year. Yes, the Pearl and Jewel are larger (passenger wise) but the cabins on the Sun are a tiny bit larger and laid out better. Bathrooms on the Jewel are very nice. I haven't been on the Pearl, but after over 20 cruises the Sun and Jewel are my two favorite ships. the crew on both are super friendly and well trained.

Nita

Hi: We've been on all 3 ships also. They are all nice ships. The cabins are a little bigger on the Sun than the Jewel or Pearl. The Pearl has a bowling alley + a rock clibing wall. I would pick the itinerary & price. We've been on the Sun twice (Alaska & the Western Caribbean). The Jewel once & Pearl twice. The Pearl is the newest and fanciest but depends where you've been & where you want to go back to. I'd go on any one of them again.

The Sun is our favorite ship. When ever we book her , its got to be an AC aft , deck 9.... We wont be on the Pearl until March 08. When you go to Belize you MUST do the ZipLine & Tubing combo ( great ) ..:D

MPK

Archived