Booking The Flight

I have booked the flight through RCI, and I am not sure if we arrive the

day we cruise or the day before?? Can anybody tell me what usually happens? I am second guessing myself, that I should have booked our flights separately? I believe I still hae time to change this if I want.

:confused:

Thanks!

Most likely they will fly you in the day of cruise unless you also booked a pre-cruise hotel and choose to go in a day or so before. Also unless you choose "custom air" which I believe has a 75$ fee then you have no choice on what flights or how many stops, etc the flight has.

Where are you flying from and to? Have you checked out you own flight options? try sidestep.com for a list of most of the airlines that fly a particular route and the cost.

I believe you can cancel RCCL flight arrangements up until final payment, though not positive on the time frame.

If RCI is arranging the flight they will bring you in day of the Cruise and meet you there at the Airport. The cost should include transfers to the port. If you go your own check Northwest the fare is $180 from ORD to MCO but you will have to purchase transfers to & from the port (About $50 each way)

From my past experience booking my flight with RCI we flew out the day before. Our flight left on Saturday. We flew from Vegas to Dallas to Houston (we sailed out of Galveston on the Rhapsody in October). RCI put us up at a hotel Saturday night and then shuttled us along with about 4 other couples/families to the port Sunday mid morning (arrived in Galveston around noonish or so. We didn't book any pre-hotel or anything.

D :)

It would depend on where your flying from, if either East or West Coast travels are flying opposite way, flights will arrive day before. Althought those coming West will have the advantage. The best time we can make it into FL is 3:30 PM, from Calif. Cruizen4u, you shouldn't have much problem coming in day of Cruise, if your coming out of Chicago. Make sure your arrival time isn't within 2 hours of Cruise leaving, not much margin for error.

You should definitely do some price and schedule checking on your own. You can most likely get your own flights for less money than thru RCI. Then you have control over your schedules and seats. The only way you get to do that going thru RCI is to pay a "custom air" fee as SueL said. NO WAY would I fly out of Chicago in winter on the same day as the cruise! You need to schedule to fly in the day or evening before your cruise date.

Archived