Honeymoon Cruising - ? about perks?

reporterjen

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon cruise on the Gem exactly two months from now. In another post, someone mentioned honeymoon perks. Even if there's nothing official, this is, of course, the one time in our lives we can benefit from the well wishes and other benefits travel companies sometimes extend to honeymooners.

We're booking the cruise through a website/TA, not through NCL. Is there a way to ensure NCL and the ship know that this is our honeymoon? I know there are ship emails floating around, but I'm not sure if those get read or saved...

For previous honeymoon cruisers, how did it work for you?

Thanks,

Jen.

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon cruise on the Gem exactly two months from now. In another post, someone mentioned honeymoon perks. Even if there's nothing official, this is, of course, the one time in our lives we can benefit from the well wishes and other benefits travel companies sometimes extend to honeymooners.

We're booking the cruise through a website/TA, not through NCL. Is there a way to ensure NCL and the ship know that this is our honeymoon? I know there are ship emails floating around, but I'm not sure if those get read or saved...

For previous honeymoon cruisers, how did it work for you?

Thanks,

Jen.

There are NO free honeymoon perks on NCL.

If you want to book some for yourself, here is the webpage with the descriptions.

http://www.ncl.com/beta/cruiser/cmsPages.html;jsessionid=G5BWlh8jnwkThj7nzGmYFLplvTW1Qbx1!767118772?pageId=WeddingsRomance

Have a great honeymoon.

Monty

We are getting married on the Spirit on 8/26...our NCL wedding planner hasn't mentioned any special honeymoon perks...

We paid for the wedding and the reception..other than early boarding I don't know of any other bennies.

We are getting married on the Spirit on 8/26...our NCL wedding planner hasn't mentioned any special honeymoon perks...

We paid for the wedding and the reception..other than early boarding I don't know of any other bennies.

Thanks for the info. It definitely sounds like -- from your posts and further investigation -- that there aren't any official perks extended to honeymooners.

Last time we cruised on the NCL Sun, we were celebrating a dating anniversary, and we booked the romance package, which included a night at LeBistro and canapes in the cabin -- and, I think, a photo credit that had some strings attached. Anyway, after our dinner and dessert at LeBistro, our server brought us a cake to take back to our room to celebrate and, I believe he actually sang us a verse of a romantic song too, and we hadn't said anything about the relatively minor (in the grand scheme of things) occasion.

(Clearly, with my memory faded, this next cruise can't come soon enough; I should go reread my review and travelogue to refresh my memory of the last one!)

We'll probably book the romance or a similar package again; I think it offered good value for the money, especially since we'd likely be at LeBistro at least once during the trip anyway.

Thanks again.

Jen.

Back in 2001 on our honeymoon cruise on Carnival, they gave us a free cake, but most cruiselines have stopped that. You have to figure there's probably several hundred anniverseries, honeymoons, and other special occasions on each cruise, got to be to much.

The free cake is a maybe? If you TA mentions to NCL it is your honeymoon you might get that. Don't count on even it. For the most part, I know of no cruise lines that do anything for honeymooners unless you purchase a honeymoon package. Even when our ganddaughter got married on a Celebrity ship and there were about 14 cabins of us sailing, Celebrity did absolutely nothing. I had clients honeymoon on Princess not long ago; same story; they got what I gave them as a gift, that was all. Thus don't expect anything and if you get the cake be happy. You may want to make some comment around the ship, in the dining room, whatever, you are on your honeymoon.

Nita

Go to the NCL Website, under the Bon Voyage Gifts and check out the Romance Packages. These are a good value:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html;jsessionid=G5jjxLXlN5B61kz0w2HQqzSjldwKfFy6!1825430441?pageId=BonVoyageGifts

We have done this a couple times and found the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package and the Deluxe Honeymoon Package to both be good values. (We haven't tried the other two because they were pricier and included items that we weren't interested in.)

You can download an order form to fax in your order, or I believe you can call NCL Customer Service (have your reservation number available) and order these.

The free cake is a definite maybe.

Remember that about half the passengers on your cruise are probably celebrating a honeymoon, an anniversary, a birthday, a retirement, a graduation, etc...NCL can't afford to recognize everyone...

Don't take a chance, book the honeymoon/anniversary package yourself and enjoy it !!!

We were on the POAm for our 25th anniversary. We had mentioned to our TA that the cruise was for our anniversary and she listed it and asked us the date. We received a card in our cabin to bring to the restaurant for a free cake. We gave the card to the server and after dinner she brought us a nice cake. On the plate written with chocolate was "Happy 25th Anniversary" The staff sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and she took our picture and one of the cake. Since we were enjoying other desserts, she found a cover for it and even held it while we walked around a bit. We brought it back to the cabin and enjoyed it later.

Skbaw: As soon as I read your post it reminded me that our servers at LeBistro sang the same thing to Christopher and I during our romance package dinner at the restaurant on the Sun last year. I had forgotten what song it was until your post. :)

Globaliser: Thanks very much! Clearly, we were both bitten by the cruising bug. This time around, though, I've promised my fiance I won't spend time on my laptop, even writing a travelogue for myself, since it is our honeymoon. Shoreguy is taking the same cruise, though, so I'm sure we'll see some excellent writeups of the Gem's first extended sailing right away.

Jen.

We were on the Sun in Feb and actually sailed on our 39th wedding anniversary. Our TA told us we would get a note in our stateroom for a free glass of wine in the dining room. NOT! Got nothing; nil. It was noted on our reservation form that it was our anniversary, and our TA made sure it was noted. So, don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

BTW, just so you know, we had an absolutely wonderful time on this cruise, even without the recognition!:)

Archived