Southampton to Gatwick?

Our cruise is arriving in Southampton at 5am. Can anyone tell me if we will have time to make a 12:30 flight out of Gatwick or, should we book the 4:00 out of Heathrow?:confused:

P.S. I don't think I could even think about cruising without the help I get here on these boards!!!!! Thanks.:D

Normally, you would want to post this on the British Isles Board.

I would recommend checking with your cruise line to see what they think.

In our case, we arrived in Southampton on the Crystal Serenity in early May. We were off the ship by 6:30 AM. We arrived at Gatwick by around 9:00 AM. It is a 90 mile drive and our cruise line had estimated that the drive would indeed take 2 hours and 30 minutes. So, the key is to be sure that you can be one of the first off the ship and that you have transporation right there for you so that you can head out before you hit rush hour traffic. If everything works well, you should be fine.

Keith

I would recommend checking with your cruise line to see what they think.
I agree.

If you go from Southampton to Gatwick by train, you could wait up to an hour between trains, plus it's two hours on the train. That's the sort of time you have to factor into the equation.

Don't even think about the 12:30! You probably won't be off the ship before 8 or 9, then it's 2 hours to the airport and you need to check in 2-3 hours early. Save yourself the stress and take the later flight (and book a lounge pass if you don't have access to an airline club).

Archived