Gatwick Airport Hotels?

LFM

I need just a one night stay before coming back to the U.S. I've checked on several hotels and it looks as if the Hilton (south terminal) or Sofitel (north terminal) are the best bets, but really expensive. Does anyone know how to get a really good rate at these places? On other trips, I've used Priceline and Hotwire and have pre-paid with really bad results, so I don't want to go this route again. Any ideas, suggestions, or other hotels that offer convenience and shuttle service?

We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn On Sat. July 28,2007. Be sure to book the right location, as there are many PTI locations. It is Gatwick Airport Central, North Terminal, Longbridge Way, RH6 ONX. Reserve in advance as they were booked solid & turned away those asking for a room at the desk. Paid 65GBP.

Check Tripadvisor for reviews. Our room was clean, but basic. No A/C, but the weather was cool. Some noise from the car park our 3rd floor room faced.

PTI is walking distance to the North terminal. We took the 5:20am shuttle to Gatwick. 2GBP pp.

Also google Yotel. Newly opened this summer in the South terminal.

Good luck.

I've checked on several hotels and it looks as if the Hilton (south terminal) or Sofitel (north terminal) are the best bets, but really expensive.
Holiday Extras has sometimes been suggested as a way of accessing consolidator rates for these hotels, which may make them a little less expensive than their normal published rates. But they will always be quite expensive, precisely because they are so well located. The convenience is worth paying quite a bit of money for, IMHO.

You may also want to bear in mind that the Sofitel is about as convenient for the South Terminal as the Hilton - in fact, some of us think that it's actually more convenient even though it's at the North Terminal.

If you are watching costs the Premier Travel Inn Gatwick Central is the place to go. Its walkable from the North Terminal if its not raining and rates are around 65 GBP all week, rooms can accommodate a couple of kids too.

Its only a couple of years old and is a very nice hotel.

Especially during the week when the Hilton and Sofitel rates are quite firm the small inconvenience in my view is well worth the huge savings.

Hotel website:-
Shuttle bus service available to and from the North and South Terminals 24 hours a day additional charge of £2.00 per adult.
You can see the hotel's location on this satellite image. The terminal just to the southwest is the North Terminal, hence handfordr's observation that you can walk it from there. It's very easy to get from the South Terminal to the North Terminal by the inter-terminal shuttle train. The South Terminal is further away from the hotel, towards the southeast.

I Just booked it at 70GBP for the 1 night. I checked on TripAdvisor and it is exactly what I needed. As I'm going in October the issue of no A/C won't be a problem. Thanks to all for helping.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived