Intercontinental London

Just wanted to post a quick review of this hotel as we stayed there last week, it was fantastic. They did a great job redoing the hotel and the location just can't be beat.

The rooms and the service were great. The hotel literally just reopened after being closed for a year and a half for a $150 million renovation. The lobby looks about the same as it did but the rooms are beautiful now. Our room still had that new carpet smell. The place was incredibly clean, the rooms were done twice a day and everyone who worked there couldn't do enough for us. I had tickets to see "In Celebration" with Orlando Bloom on Tuesday night and wanted to eat at the Ivy. I called the concierge at 5:00 and even though it's such a tough place to get into, he got us a reservation and had a cab waiting for us to quickly get down there.

One great piece of advice is to join their Priority Club and pay to become an ambassador. It does cost $150 to join but you will get a certificate good for one free weekend night if you pay for one weekend night. (I booked Saturday night even though I wasn't arriving until Sunday early am so I knew I had a room the moment I got to the hotel.) You also get a guaranteed upgrade (I booked a Royal executive Room and got a one bedroom suite), free movie, a welcome tray that had mineral water, fruit and a box of handmade shortbreat cookies, a newspaper every day and a few other things.

Next time we go this will be exactly where we stay again as the location is just perfect.

Archived