Complaint of the Week #16

Philip217

Perhaps the first part about the food was over the top....but I agree there is nothing funny about rude guests. In fact, considering the recent events on the Liberty....you would think that Security would be the last thing anyone would be joking about.

Carnival is not getting best score lately on getting " out of hand " guest under control.

I certainly agree with you! My son and his new wife were unable to enjoy their long-awaited and hard-earned balcony cabin on their Caribbean honeymoon last month due to a large group of very rude and loud family reunion people who commandeered the balconies around theirs. The reunion folks, all wearing matching T-shirts, overwhelmed every occasion and venue on Carnival Glory, taking HUGE cuts in lines, drinking to excess, behaving raucously in the dining room, partying well into the night, taking over the water slide, letting their kids run amok throughout the ship and much more. To my son's knowledge, Carnival staff members made no attempts to quiet this group so that others could enjoy the cruise.:mad:

Kind of makes me glad I didn't spring for a balcony cabin for my first cruise coming up next week. My son certainly will never reserve one again.

Kind of makes me glad I didn't spring for a balcony cabin for my first cruise coming up next week. My son certainly will never reserve one again.

How sad that a bad experience can ruin the wonderful benefits of a balcony cabin. I highly recommend trying a balcony again as it really is delightful. If the overall cruise was that out-of-control, maybe you need to think about a different cruise line too.;)

I certainly agree with you! My son and his new wife were unable to enjoy their long-awaited and hard-earned balcony cabin on their Caribbean honeymoon last month due to a large group of very rude and loud family reunion people who commandeered the balconies around theirs. The reunion folks, all wearing matching T-shirts, overwhelmed every occasion and venue on Carnival Glory, taking HUGE cuts in lines, drinking to excess, behaving raucously in the dining room, partying well into the night, taking over the water slide, letting their kids run amok throughout the ship and much more. To my son's knowledge, Carnival staff members made no attempts to quiet this group so that others could enjoy the cruise.:mad:

There are definately some people who should not reproduce!!

I have told my husband for awhile now that it is the Carnival clientele that will make me stop cruising with them....not the product they sell.

Shame on Carnival for not being more responsible.

How sad that a bad experience can ruin the wonderful benefits of a balcony cabin. I highly recommend trying a balcony again as it really is delightful. If the overall cruise was that out-of-control, maybe you need to think about a different cruise line too.;)

We are trying to be very selective about which Carnival cruises we book....only when school and colleges are in session. Longer cruises will be our next step...but eventually a different cruise line may be our last resort.

Humor is in the telling of astory.

I think the real story is something like. "We got sick. We had to stay in our cabin. We had loud neighbors. We complained about one of them and that one rudely retaliated." I personally don't think the original story is made up it is just sensationalized.

The complaining post just embellished the story in a sensational and (to many) humorous way. Most comedy is tragedy just with a different spin.

Meredith22..... I've been searching for the promised Complaint of the Week #17, but cannot find it. Has it been posted yet?

========

GORDONCHICK ........He hasn't posted since 8/19.

--------------------------------------------------------------

WELSH WIZARDS.......

Oh dear,

I hope my complaint wasn't the straw that broke the OP's back !! :eek:

Meredith22..... I've been searching for the promised Complaint of the Week #17, but cannot find it. Has it been posted yet?

========

GORDONCHICK ........He hasn't posted since 8/19.

--------------------------------------------------------------

WELSH WIZARDS.......

Oh dear,

I hope my complaint wasn't the straw that broke the OP's back !! :eek:

Complaint #17 was posted a few days ago and now it's gone. I don't know why it might have been deleted. Does anyone know what happened? Philip217?

Complaint #17 was posted a few days ago and now it's gone. I don't know why it might have been deleted. Does anyone know what happened? Philip217?

It must have gotten yanked. I'm not really sure why. But not everyone found #17 all that funny. Some were a little upset. I always look forward to reading the complaints and they are usually a riot. I was in not so funny group about #17 though. I hope it dosen't stop the OP from continuing to post more complaints.:) :)

Archived