Do you think $11.00 is too much for these pouch bags??

jamaica71594

These are Vera Bradley pouch bags, that I thought they would be perfect to use for Lingerie/bras/underwear and bathing suits when packing. It would keep these items separate from my clothes. I had been searching for them for awhile, and now they are on sale at VB.

26001.jpg.27f9a4115913b6a14741ff8b445f5a05.jpg

These are Vera Bradley pouch bags, that I thought they would be perfect to use for Lingerie/bras/underwear and bathing suits when packing. It would keep these items separate from my clothes. I had been searching for them for awhile, and now they are on sale at VB.

What size are they? I love Vera Bradley, it's pretty nice quality fabric. Actually $11.00 for anything VB is a good price:) .

I would buy them. where did you find them?

What size are they? I love Vera Bradley, it's pretty nice quality fabric. Actually $11.00 for anything VB is a good price:) .

I would buy them. where did you find them?

You can find them at her website. There is only one design left, so I got two of them. They were originally $15, but now $11.00. With shipping they average about $13.50 each. When you visit the website just type in the word Pouch. I would hurry, they will sell out, and they are being discontinued.

Use ziplock bags. If the security guys search in your bags, and cannot see what is in there, they'll open it up. I put ALL my clothing into ziplocks. I don't want anyone's hands on my undies but mine!!! :eek:

Ziplock bags, no thanks! These will not be in my carryon anyway, they will be in my checked luggage. I use ziplock bags for other items, and only in my carryon. I know using ziplock is practical, but I just like the pouches too.

Use ziplock bags. If the security guys search in your bags, and cannot see what is in there, they'll open it up. I put ALL my clothing into ziplocks. I don't want anyone's hands on my undies but mine!!! :eek:

I agree with you. I don't want strange hands all over my things. I even get the 2 gallon ziplocks and the special (squeeze out the air), plastic bags and pack that way. Oh, I think they are called space saver bags. And they really do save space and if TSA can see through them or don't feel anything hard in the middle, they don't open them.

I can still overpack with them - yeh:p

Linda

I agree with you. I don't want strange hands all over my things. I even get the 2 gallon ziplocks and the special (squeeze out the air), plastic bags and pack that way. Oh, I think they are called space saver bags. And they really do save space and if TSA can see through them or don't feel anything hard in the middle, they don't open them.

I can still overpack with them - yeh:p

Linda

I don't think they'll go into the pouches if there is no need. I always carry my liquids and creams make up in a make up bag and it's not see thru. They have never disturbed anything there. I always leaves my purchases in the shopping bag they come in and you can't see through that either.

I think they will go through it if there is a concern whether if it's clear plastic or not.

The Vera Brady bags look cute. But I use the free shoe bags that come with the shoes I buy. Why not use those? They're nice. (and the price is right) Most of them are white, but I've gotten a few that are in nice colors. Also, the ones I get with DH's shoe are larger, so even better. :)

Ziplock bags, no thanks! These will not be in my carryon anyway, they will be in my checked luggage. I use ziplock bags for other items, and only in my carryon. I know using ziplock is practical, but I just like the pouches too.

Believe me, their hands may be shuffling through your checked baggage as well!! That is absolutely why I use them...makes it much easier for them to see everything. ;)

Hi Peg:)

That was just an informative post...I know many shoes come

in a bag. Better shoes always do:D

Sometimes mine do...but to be honest, most times they don't.

I don't think they'll go into the pouches if there is no need. I always carry my liquids and creams make up in a make up bag and it's not see thru. They have never disturbed anything there. I always leaves my purchases in the shopping bag they come in and you can't see through that either.

I think they will go through it if there is a concern whether if it's clear plastic or not.

I know two people (in the last year!!) that have had small digital cameras stolen out of their bags (yeah what were they thinking...I know. :rolleyes: ) and in one case the camera was "hidden" in small cosmetic-type bag, in the other the camera was stuffed inside a tennis shoe with a sock suffed on top of it!! So if you don't think they look, you'd probably be surprised.

Hi Peg:)

That was just an informative post...I know many shoes come

in a bag. Better shoes always do:D

Sometimes mine do...but to be honest, most times they don't.

Hey Lois,

All of mine do come in bags. I have very small feet and unfortunately:rolleyes: I have to buy better shoes at Zappos. I have tried children's shoes but they look like children's shoes. My favorite shoes are VanEli shoes. I have lots of them and they come in bag. Helle Comfort comes in bags too.

Sorry to go off topic:o .

I know two people (in the last year!!) that have had small digital cameras stolen out of their bags (yeah what were they thinking...I know. :rolleyes: ) and in one case the camera was "hidden" in small cosmetic-type bag, in the other the camera was stuffed inside a tennis shoe with a sock suffed on top of it!! So if you don't think they look, you'd probably be surprised.

Well, naturally, if a unscupulious(sp?) person sees a digital camera on the x-ray screen; I would assume it would be stolen. That's not the same thing as seeing my moisturizer in a cosmetic bag. Or my shoes or undies in a VB bag.

I have found these things that are called packing cubes. I bought them for my trip to Europe last year and they worked so well!! Very easy to find lingerie items.

http://www.ebags.com/ebags/packing_cubes_3pc_set/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=13032

I can't seem to get it to load. Maybe my computer though:( .

I've never really understood the Vera Bradley appeal, so I'm probably not the right person to respond, BUT, I think $11 is too much for something that even I could sew up:o But if you like them and they fit into your budget, AND you even know exactly how you want to use them, then they were a good purchase:D

This must be for your checked luggage.

If you plan to have liquids, marcara, etc in your carry-on, they have to be 3oz or less and in one small zip lock bag.

Of course, Bare Minerals are not considered liquid.

Archived