Need help with info on Cocoa Beach area

MommyTheMaid

We are arriving a day earlier that our cruise (Nov 16) and staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach. We are wanting to get some items for the cruise (wine, soda, water). Is there any place within walking distance to this hotel?

Anyone get a taxi to the port from this hotel? There are a couple shuttles that I checked into, but they don't pick us up at the hotel until around noon. I wanted to get to the port earlier so that hopefully, we get on the ship quicker. Any ideas?

Have you checked out these two threads going? There is tons of info on shuttles especially. sorry I dont know about that particular hotel, but Im sure someone else can provide info. Im on a 11 am shuttle to the port, Im already signed up from my hotel next month.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=596321

We are arriving a day earlier that our cruise (Nov 16) and staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach. We are wanting to get some items for the cruise (wine, soda, water). Is there any place within walking distance to this hotel?

Anyone get a taxi to the port from this hotel? There are a couple shuttles that I checked into, but they don't pick us up at the hotel until around noon. I wanted to get to the port earlier so that hopefully, we get on the ship quicker. Any ideas?

Here is some information for you that will help you with decisions:

Taxi Service to the port and around the port area:

One way from the Orlando airport to the port is 70-80 dollars. Taking a taxi from your Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral hotel to the port will run you around $5-7. 10 minutes drive time from anywhere in Cocoa Beach.

Checker Cab of Brevard County 321-799-0377 http://www.checkercabofbrevard.com/

John or Robert also they offer limo service pick up and deliver from Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach to port or from port for $15.00 - must say from Disney Board to receive this offer.

Tropical Storm 321-783-4445

Space Port Transport 321-986-8026

Yellow 321-636-1234

Beach Line 321-704-0502

Cape Canaveral Cab 321-783-8294

SHUTTLES:

Cocoa beach Shuttle 321-631-4144 or 888-784-4144; http://www.cbshuttle.com

Art’s Shuttle 321-783-2112 or 800-567-5099; http://www.artsshuttle.com (Mention CC for 10% discount)

Note: Most of the popular shuttle companies servicing the port are not private shuttles (they will wait for all reservations to board before leaving). If you need a private shuttle request it specifically!

WHERE IS ABC LOCATED?

ABC FINE WINE & SPIRITS

6020 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL, FLA

321-799-0049

Then you have Winn Dixie which is right accross the street from Ron Jon's that carry all the items such as the water, wine etc.

Just wanted to let you know that Winn Dixie is located at 100 Canaveral Plaza Blvd and phone number is 321-868-2287 also if you have any questions, go to the front desk of the courtyard and ask for Dee and she will answer or help you with any questions etc you may have - she is a great gal and very helpful - you are only a couple blocks or so from the Winn Dixie Plaza.

Always

Shirley

We rented a car at the Orlando Airport with Budget. Very cheap. Used the car to ride all over and to go see the beach. Then we went to Ron Jon's for souveneirs. They have cool things. Dropped it off at Budget. They took us to cruise for free. You give a tip of course. It was a few minutes away. Budget was wonderful to use. We had a great convertible. We stayed at the Best Western this time. Right at the ocean. We try different places each time.

I agree with renting a car. The Beeline Express way leads you directly from the airport in Orlando to Cape Canaveral. Cape Canaveral is very easy to navigate - it is basically a big square. Check out Mapquest to get driving directions from your hotel to anywhere you want to go. There is a Super Wal-Mart about 5 miles from the port and you can get almost anything there - cheap! Then, on the day of your cruise, drop your car off and they provide free shuttle service to the port. If you get there early, you get to the port early. We have cruised 3 times out of Port Canaveral and have rented from Budget and Avis - great service provided by both - pick the best price.

Renting a car gives you the freedom to go where you want, when you want. And, the drive is so easy, even for an unfamiliar area, that you can't go wrong.

We always go to the rental car drop-off first and all take the shuttle together. That way, no one in our party is separated and we consider the shuttle ride over to the port the beginning of our vacation ... NO WORRIES! However, there are lots of people who like to drop everyone off at the port first and then have the driver take the car to the rental facility and catch up with everyone at the pier. Personally, we don't want the hassle of trying to figure out the traffic flow at the port and then having to meet up with the driver who returned the rental car. When we cruised last Oct., there was a HUGE traffic issue at the port - all the local folks and port employees were talking about it. I'd rather leave the potential traffic problems up to a driver experienced in the area.

Enjoy your trip!! Our next one is out of Miami - I'm missing Port Canaveral already!

Archived