Ryndam / Amsterdam - any appreciable difference?

sldispatcher

Okay..went on great Amsterdam cruise in Jan 07 just prior to the World Cruise.

Have booked same cabin type (verandah) for Mexican Riviera in Feb.

Other than some cosmetic differences and a few tons difference...will the experience really be ALL THAT DIFFERENT?

I happen to think not (and hope not). I'm not one to nitpick a little worn carpet here and there. My main concern would be quality of food and service.

What saith the court?

The experience should be essentially the same; it's the setting that will be a bit different. The deckplans of the two ships are a little different---location of the Pinnacle, aft pool is one deck lower on Ryndam. The major physical difference between the ships is that the Ryndam won't have the mid-ship elevator bank/staircase.

But the gracious HAL stewards, the atmosphere, the flowers/artwork, and food will make you feel you're right back home. ;)

If you blindfolded me and stuck me on a cruise ship , I could tell you if I was on a HAL. Sure decor may be different and layout but there are no others like HAL. I loved the decor on Amsterdam, my husband liked the Noordam but we enjoyed the Westerdam and Veendam because they felt familiar. Happy Cruising:)

Archived