How to post large picturs in reply

gnparend

Doesn't work. What is so frustrating is that several weeks ago I got a new camera, took some pictures of the Noodam docked in NYC and just hit copy and pasted it here and that was it. I think I'm going to give up for now. Thanks anyway.

I've really tried everyone's suggestions.:mad:

mamaofami - don't give up so easily :)

Going back to the beginning ... (from someone else's post on page 1)

Find the photo you wish to use.

In the link to this picture section (right side of page 1/2 way down) scroll down the page (or press "page down"- about 1/2 way down there is a box on the right hand side - headed (in dark gray) "Link to this picture"

Click the little box that has a 500 above it.

Copy the text in the "post in a forum" area (click on the code which will highlight it, then right-click and select copy or press ctrl-C)

Paste the text in the message area of your post to cc (i.e. right-click and select paste or press ctrl-V)

If you are unable to find the box 1/2 way down the page, there is a yellow box to the right of your picture. The top item on the right column says "link to it" - click that, the new window will display the same info that the gray box mentioned earlier has, proceed as detailed above, i.e. click on the 500 box etc.

Good luck :)

I was also shown the Web site Photo Bucket, once I have the picture on my comuter, I can then click Browse, and upload unto Photo Bucket from there click Submit and then can copy to my Reply Screen on the Board I am on. Before I was also getting the small thumbnail pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
My first reaction was .... duh.... then was just ignore... have seen these boards turn nasty (you can see I don't post often, generally just lurk) but decided to just play it straight.... :) Thanks.

When given a choice, you chose to be kind...hmmmmm...maybe you should post more often! :D

Glad you're a good sport!

Happy shooting!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I am now using picasa2 for web albums. When i try to post photos that are hosted on picasa here on CC, they don't seem to show up. Is there some special trick, or does it just not work with picasa? I'm tired of only posting the small thumbnails :) Thanks!

GREAT IDEA! :D

I know pierces uses (or used) picasa, so thought maybe he could help break to code. I was able to post larger images with another service, but can't seem to make picasa work. All I get is a message: "not a valid file" or simply the dreaded white square with a big red X

Archived