Possible scheduling conflict on Celebrity website?

PoseidonGodoftheSea

On Celebrity's website it shows the Infinity arriving in Seattle the morning of Sept. 19th, 2008 and departing from Vancouver the evening of the 19th. Is this possible?

Am I to assume that the ship is going to disembark in Seattle at 6:00 AM and then sail to Vancouver, empty, for the 11:59 PM departure time that is listed? Why wouldn't they just disembark in Vancouver? Are they doing some kind of special afternoon sailing? Giving tours of the ship? Repairs? Seems kind of strange and I just want to confirm before I put down my deposit for the 9/12/08 sailing to Alaska.

Any info is much appreciated.

Vancouver is only 150 or so miles from Seattle.

There are ferries that run back and forth daily and it takes about 4 hours or so. Not sure WHY? they would do this...

But it is possible.

Dave:eek:

BTW: When we leave from Vancouver we just fly into Seattle and Drive up.

Its about a 2 1/2 hour trip with an hour or so at the border.

Vancouver is only 150 or so miles from Seattle.

There are ferries that run back and forth daily and it takes about 4 hours or so. Not sure WHY? they would do this...

There's no ferry from Vancouver to Seattle. There's ferries from the island, but not Vancouver. They could however still get here in one day.

We have booked this sailing out of Vancouver and I did post to the roll call started by you Bububr. However, it has since disappeared!:eek:

I have never been able to get this sailing to come up on the Celebrity site. Something seems funny. I would never have known about it if I had not seen it on the roll call. How did you find out about it?

All I know is that it is a new itinerary, 1 of 2 sailings out of Seattle to Alaska. I first discovered it on Expedia, then confirmed it on Celebrity's website. Someone on another cruise website told me that Celebrity regrets pulling out of the Seattle Alaska market because it is so strong and they are making an effort to tap into it again with September being the only time there is dock space at the Seattle cruise terminals unless the did mid-week cruises.

Whether that is the reason or not, I'm glad they decided to offer it. I will call Celebrity I think and make sure they don't change the disembarkation port at the last minute. I wouldn't mind if they did, I just want to know as far in advance as possible.

I understand that Celebrity may be following the Princess lead and booking round-trips to Alaska out of Seattle and only doing one-ways from Vancouver.

Hope this is wrong as for Canadians, leaving from Vancouver and not having the airport hassle of Customs is such a benefit...especially if you live in the Greater Vancouver area. They seem to be leaving the round-trip market to RCL and Norwegian...a big mustake in my mind !

Lee

We have booked this sailing out of Vancouver and I did post to the roll call started by you Bububr. However, it has since disappeared!:eek:

I have never been able to get this sailing to come up on the Celebrity site. Something seems funny. I would never have known about it if I had not seen it on the roll call. How did you find out about it?

We've booked on the 19th Sept sailing on Infinity, it's a 14 night finishing in SF.

I can't see any reference to a cruise from Seattle leaving on the 18th on the UK site.

Link to roll call below

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=590342

If you check this Fall's Mercury sailings, a similar break occurs. You cannot sail B2B on a Seattle short cruise and the longer wine cruise out of Vancouver without getting off the ship, going by land to Vancouver while the ship cruises "empty" between the places.... It's that "famous" Act referred to by us forgetful types as the "Jones" act when you can't remember the actual name...

From X's website:

InfinityItinerarySept08.jpg

Oh ok, I guess that would make sense. I figure it gets into Seattle at 6am, starts disembarking about 7:30 and can be under way again by about noon. While the ship is sailing they can prep the ship for the new pax, they can easily get into Vancouver by 9pm. Load up and leave at 11:59. All estimates but I guess its possible.

I knew some itineraries could start in one port and end in another but I didn't realize one of them had to be a foreign port. Now I know why there are so many 1 day cruises between Seattle and Vancouver during repositioning.

Archived