Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

thanks michmike, we would like to hear how you make out.

I did my checking and there are no reports filed with BBB in southeast Fl. so that is a good sign.

I sent my email and will wait to see what he says. I feel pretty comfortable with the decision.

Thanks Babysam about the Sox. This is so exciting. Sorry about your Cards. What's happening with them? You can't let us make 8 errors and not capitalize, but we are now in your territory so it could turn around. Your offense is really good so don't give up. Good luck!!!!!!!

Wog thats a good sign...no complaints with the BBB...

Thanks Michmike...would appreciate any input...I hope all goes well with you and your cruise, including BC...let us know...okay?

Wog one word (name) Rolen...sheesh!! Good luck to both teams tonight...I am happy for you and the Sox. :)

Kim

Wog Congrats on your World Series win!!! I hate the Cardinals lost, but your team deserved to win...we just couldn't get in the groove...again Congratulations!! I am very happy for you and Boston! :)

Kim

Thanks Kim. Its a great feeling. Most people are still questioning if it really happened or not, but none the less are very excited. Sorry we had to beat your Cards, but it was just meant to be. They couldn't get rolling and we were just shutting them down. Next will be good for you.

Once again thanks. Have a great trip too.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Just got back from our trip to St. Martin. Wonderful 10 days.

I had another email from BC regarding being picked up Dec. 30th and going to

Pompano Beach. He said the charge would be $42 for DH and me. I am not sure how much a cab would be, (hotel said $45-50) but I think I will wait until someone comes back with a good report. Nervous Nellie that I am :D

Of course, I could book and then cancel - does anyone know if he takes credit cards????

How sweet it is that our Red Sox won. And the Pats are heading towards another Super Bowl - YIPPEE!!!!!!

We had made arrangement's to use BC's Express to pick us up this morning as we got off the Volendam. We were to call him when the ship called our disembarkation number. He ended up calling us before they even started calling any numbers just to assure us that everything was set. We called him once our number was called and got a voice mail response and left a msg Well..... He called back shortly thereafter to say that the van that was coming to get us had been in an accident and so he was now going to send a town car (which would have been a tight fit as there were 4 of us and 7 bags plus carryons) but we were willing to try... then 15 min later he called to say the town car had been stopped for speeding in its urgency to come get us, but would be there shortly... 15 min after that he called to tell us that the town car was still coming but now due to the inexcusable delay it would be complimentary.. at that point we told him to forget it and we grabbed a van from the cab line... so.... at least based on our experience I would avoid him.. Plenty of cabs and vans right there as you get off the ship.. who needs him??

Hey guys,

I decided to cancell with BC, I'm a nervous nellie too northender I didn't want to take a chance after the post from michmike. I am using someone else. I was going to rent a car but decided at the last minute that I didn't want to drive and get lost. I finally went with Fort Lauderdale Airport Shuttle wich is also Las Palmas Transport. I spoke to Raoul the owner and he was very proffesional. I will let you all know when I get back and if anyone wants any more info let me know and I will post it. Thanks michmike for the informative post. :)

Thanks Paul! I can't wait! I am so excited! I went to my spa today for some treatments and when I came out it was pouring down snow! It is blowing and snowing...what a time to go! I will post a long review when I get back...I will be sure and have a marg for you! I'ts been nice talking to you all these months. :)

Have a great cruise. The only good thing about not going in the next few days is that my sister and her hubby will be here for Thanksgiving and most of the weekend. If they ever get here. Traffic is a bear - The Massachusetts Turnpike had a FIFTY mile back up at 4pm. She is coming from New York (LI) so probably won't fare much better.

Enjoy your time and we will wait for your report when you get back.:)

Thanks bequia for the tip. :)

I will link you to my thread that has the review...It was great!!!

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106849"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106849[/url] Part 1
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106850"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106850[/url] Part 2

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106995"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106995[/url] Photos

Have a great trip! :)

[quote name='BabySam99'][b]Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?[/b] I hope this is okay to post...has anyone tried BC's Express for transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port? The person I spoke with was a little too helpul...I hate to gripe but I am so used to not being treated with wonderful customer service...they were great so far...we will have wait and see when my trip finally comes around. Any input would help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]I have not yet but am giving them a try off our cruise later this month. Pre-cruise we're renting a car as the most cost effective way to move us around town in Fort Lauderdale. Post cruise though we're spending a few days in Miami and a simple transfer from the Port to the Hyatt downtown then from the Hyatt to the airport (FLL) is what we ordered. In between we'll use cabs to go to South Beach, a Heat game, etc.

I'll let you know how the actual experience went but so far so good. I emailed BC over the weekend and he called me just now (Monday) to set it all up.

I read the bad news earlier in this thread with some concern but we've been in and out of this area so many times that finding another source would not be a problem if anything bad happened...but I get the feeling that was a fluke and not the way things usually go with BC's.

We'll see though

I wanted to try a company that uses all vans other than the Super Shuttle which I've rated really high in other discussions of [url="http://www.lifeiscruising.com/ground_transportation"]ground transportation[/url].

Chris the only thing I heard from some people that used BC was that he waits around until his van is full before leaving and that he is unreliable on pick-up times because of that, also he is not very proffesional by that I mean apperance and he uses foul langauge (I witnessed this on the phone)...he may be fine, I just didn't want to chance it because I had my Dad and my 80 year old Aunt with me...Las Palmas only picks up your party and they will stop at a local store for supplies or whatever...our driver Mario was very kind and patient...a couple in our group was taking a pretty long time to decide on wine, but he waited patiently and was very polite and just an all around nice guy. Have a great trip and I hope all goes as smoothly for you as it did me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
BC, thank you for your call the other day. As stated, our flight plans changed and we will be picked up at the airport upon arrival.
Please keep in mind that it can be very stressful for some arriving in a strange city. Most of us just want to make sure that we are making correct decisions. Thank you for your explanation, and yes we all do have bad days. It is just a little tough when your bad day becomes my bad day (LOL)

[size=2]

Now then as for my failing, yes we had a bad day,starting with my driverbeing rearended. What wasnt told is that i not only attempted to upgradethem to a towncar complimentary, but also that they had at least 2 messageswaiting for them when they got home emphisising.what had been told them whenthey were still here, and that was to notify me of all costs as we are going to reimburse them 100%, since we did not carry them and that is mypolicy, which i have only had to back up 4 times in 4 years and thousands of trips. By the way this is our guarantee.

You know I have to admit that when I read the post about the accident and not being ontime my first response was how perfectly you handled the situation. When something went wrong you did everything in your power to fix the situation. Then you went beyond that and said it would be on the house. You kept in touch with the clients and informed them of every step. My second reaction was that these clients were unreasonable. I would be thrilled if I received this type of customer service granted I had to wait a little longer than planned but now your going to transport me free! There are things that you just can't controll, like other drivers.
I for one will be cruising from fll in Feb and your response to that crisis has told me that you are the one I will be booking for transport. I'll be in touch when our flights are booked.:D
Jackie
[/size]

[quote name='PRO PEOPLE MOVER'][size=2]For over 8 years i had the pleasure of owning and operating a sailing charter company in Grand Cayman,and had the most wonderfull time meeting somany great people. One particular day i had 4 people, 2 couples that weretraveling together aboard. I asked the gentleman who had booked the dayscharter,if he would like to take the wheel and head us out the channel whilei raised the sails. As i was raising the main it snagged and of course wewound up with a rip in it. He looked sympatheticly in my direction and said"hey skipper- everybody has a bad day, even ME !!" Of course i spent thwhole trip wondering just how this man could ever have a bad day. Although icouldnt imagine him having a bad day i believe Mr. Bill Gates wouldnt lie tome. So i am here to say we had a bad day.

Before i go on with what i have to say let me make it perfectly clear,Iam in no way attempting to get any rewards from this in any economic way,in other words i am not soliciting,(Its not nessessary, as i have hundredsof returning customers that do it for us) however mearly telling the otherside, and refreshing some memories.
Lets start at the beginning

Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?Anyone use BC'sExpress for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale? I hope this is okay topost...has anyone tried BC's Express for transportation from airport tohotel and hotel to cruise port? The person I spoke with was a little toohelpul...I hate to gripe but I am so used to not being treated withwonderful customer service...they were great so far...we will have wait andsee when my trip finally comes around. Any input would help. Thanks.

You must have forgot how you 1st got to me. At the time you made yourreservation with ---- ---- the hotel you stayed at, the reservationsmanager conected us on the phone and we booked you then and there. it wasprotocol at thetime since i had an exclusive contract with them. Thats whyyou went on line to see if anyone else knew me. Since that time i haveterminated my dealings with ---- ---- for personal reasons including themain fact that they were hurting my company more than helping.

Anyway letsjump a sec.

Yes Northender I did recieve that same e-mail...weren't you a little learyof this guy, I mean he is not very proffesional...I also booked my hotel formy stay in FLL and was told by the hotel that this company is veryunreliable...now I'm really confused as to what to do...what do you think? Iwas given other names of shuttle services by the hotel...

Now i am confused, 1st you said you were not used to someone being sohelpfull and treating you with wonderfull etc then when i appologized toeveryone for running a couple days behind as my wife was in the hospital,all of a suden i am not very professional. By the way the person at thehotel that told you other companies was a large part of my leaving the hotel2 days earlier and yes i know who you spoke to.

And lets not forget what yousaid to another person before this came up.

<http://www.com/index.html> This is the web site for (someone). They charge$18.00 flat rate for a party of 4 or more. I spoke to the owner (BC) he wasvery nice and helpful. I was just wanting to get some of my fellow CC palsopinions on this company. I am sure thay are ok...just wanted to see.

Wow still nice and helpfull and you even gave my web site so let me jump again

Chris the only thing I heard from some people that used BC was that he waitsaround until his van is full before leaving and that he is unreliable onpick-up times because of that, also he is not very proffesional by that Imean apperance and he uses foul langauge (I witnessed this on thephone)...he may be fine, I just didn't want to chance it because I had myDad and my 80 year old Aunt with me..xxxxx xxxx only picks up your partyand they will stop at a local store for supplies or whatever...our driverxxx was very kind and patient...a couple in our group was taking a prettylong time to decide on wine, but he waited patiently and was verypolite andjust an all around nice guy. Have a great trip and I hope all goes assmoothly for you as it did for me.

Now when did I go from being to good to be true and nice and helpfull etc tofoul language and unprofessional,since we had only spoken the ONE TIME. Andi bet anything you didnt talk to anyone that rode with me but are referingto the same guy at the hotel again. WE DO NOT mix customers withreservations with other people. And if i could count the times we stop atthe liqour store--- anyway i am going to give you the ironic twist to this.

The reason i XX out the name of the copmany and driver is because they are NOT LEGALLY PERMITTED to operate in this city as well as anotherrecomondation you recieved

As for the people that rode with me and responded to your letter, the onlything wrong is that mike is regular client with more cruises under his belthan any 5 of you put together, and has been a consistant (3 or 4 times ayear) customer who has become a good friend to this company, and wantednothing more than to spread the word when he saw my name.

Now then as for my failing, yes we had a bad day,starting with my driverbeing rearended. What wasnt told is that i not only attempted to upgradethem to a towncar complimentary, but also that they had at least 2 messageswaiting for them when they got home emphisising.what had been told them whenthey were still here, and that was to notify me of all costs as we are going to reimburse them 100%, since we did not carry them and that is mypolicy, which i have only had to back up 4 times in 4 years and thousands of trips. By the way this is our guarantee.

You know- since i was 17 i worked for 22 years for same co. retired, chartered for8, sold to come home and take care of ailing relative and now 5 years here, and this is only the 3rd or 4th time in 35 years of dealing with the tourist industry that i wish i could chose my clients instead of the other way around

Thank You
xxxxxxxx
The heck with it- I have done nothing wrong
BC
[/size][/QUOTE]
Hey don't even jump me for deciding to go a diffrent route...my perogative. I have my opinion and that's all it is...my opinion. I went with what diffrent people stated, what would you do? Like I stated, I didn't want to take a chance with the elderly people in my group. I didn't get responses to some of my e-mails and foul language was used the TWO times we spoke. I thought the first time was maybe a slip of the tongue, second time was not...my 80 year old Aunt would not have appreciated it...and also I didn't want to wait for the van to "fill-up" I am paying to be transported not to sit in the hot sun and wait...so nothing against you BC...just decided to go a diffrent route. I didn't have enough positive comments to make a desicion (except for your cheerleader OrlandoMike...all the same posts...hmmm) have a good day everyone...:) Oh and one more thing the hotel that I ended up staying at is not the original hotel that I booked I ended up changing that also...so don't blame ------ ------- they didn't say anything about your company. Good luck.

Archived