Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

Thanks Northender :) I hate all the arguing on these boards and I try to not say anything to "stir the pot" but I had to let everyone know how I feel and that I use these boards to discuss diffrent travel tips and frankly didn't have enough positive information to make a desicion. I wish BC and everyone on the boards a safe and happy holiday season.

Babysam - you have every right to choose as you see fit. If I were traveling with elderly relatives I would want to feel very secure in my arrangements. I am traveling with another couple and we are each in our 30's, so if something happens I will be able to adapt and not worry. You not so much. So don't feel bad. The post got me thinking as well, but I am willing to write it off to a bad day and one bad event after another. Unlike your situation where you wanted to have absolute piece of mind.

Thanks Paul...If it would have been just me (42) and hubby that would have been one thing...also this was everyones first cruise and I wanted to make sure all went well...it did and I am grateful. Paul yours is just around the corner!! I bet you are so excited!! :)

I am getting very excited. We leave in 30 days and cruise in 31 days. Coming very quickly. I am looking forward to cold margaritas and a day by the pool. The some warm sand in my toes. Cold weather and snow have hit so we are looking forward to "Get out There" hehehehehe :rolleyes: :D

I agree if its just us we can wing it, if I am responsible for a bunch of others and I planned it, I want everything to be perfect and flawless.

[quote name='TheWog']I am getting very excited. We leave in 30 days and cruise in 31 days. Coming very quickly. I am looking forward to cold margaritas and a day by the pool. The some warm sand in my toes. Cold weather and snow have hit so we are looking forward to "Get out There" hehehehehe :rolleyes: :D

I agree if its just us we can wing it, if I am responsible for a bunch of others and I planned it, I want everything to be perfect and flawless.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean...15 degrees here! It is supposed to snow...not yet...but feels like snow.

You have a great time! I have enjoyed chatting with you all of these months...have a big Marg for me...oh too be back on Enchantment...boo hoo (ya feel sorry for me?...LOL) ;)

We will have a great time. Thanks. It has been fun preparing over the months and then experiencing through your reports. I will have a large margarita for you and we will have a great trip because of all the information I got here.

(don't feel bad for you .... yet .... give me a month :D )

raining here today... supposed to be 50 degrees ... go figure! :eek: :rolleyes:

Hey Paul...have you decided what your going to do in port? We loved Jimmy Buffets in Jamacia...If you want a fun afternoon go there...it was a blast! In GC I love Sea Grape beach...it was gorgeous even with Ivan damage. Exscursions planned? My dad did the Dunn Falls he said it was really something! He also did the turtle farms and went to Hell...he said it was ok...the turtles were cool but Hell was not really that great...Oh by the way it's 10 degrees here with -6 wind chill...BRRRRRR! :eek: 50 sounds great!

We'd changed our plans and decided to have a rental car after our return from the Caribbean Princess cruise today (12/26). The plan was to drive around the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area looking at stuff like schools for the kids.

We got to thinking about it the last day of the cruise and decided we didn't want to do all that and would rather just relax at the Hyatt for our two post-cruise days.

I had previously cancelled our booking with BC but called him from the ship and left a message that we were cancelling our rental car and would like transportation from Port Everglades to downtown Miami. I included my cell phone number with the message and asked him to leave me a message if he got my request and could do it since at that time I was too far out at sea to get a cell signal.

He got my message and said he'd pick us up and did as promised today after we got off the ship.

I don't want to get into any arguments or whatever on the boards anymore so all I can say is that so far our experience with BC has been just great. Good service, personal and prompt.

He's scheduled to pick us up in a couple days to take us back to the Fort Lauderdale airport and I'll let you know how that goes too.

Hope this is of help

[quote name='BabySam99']Hey Paul...have you decided what your going to do in port? We loved Jimmy Buffets in Jamacia...If you want a fun afternoon go there...it was a blast! In GC I love Sea Grape beach...it was gorgeous even with Ivan damage. Exscursions planned? My dad did the Dunn Falls he said it was really something! He also did the turtle farms and went to Hell...he said it was ok...the turtles were cool but Hell was not really that great...Oh by the way it's 10 degrees here with -6 wind chill...BRRRRRR! :eek: 50 sounds great![/QUOTE]
In Ocho Rios we are booked with Peat Taylor and he will take us to Dunns River and then to White River to do the tubing. We then are altering the tour to take us to Couples Resort, where we stayed a couple years ago. Our friends wanted to see it and we wanted to make some purchases there from the jewelry store as a reminder of our trips there. We will also have a cooler of Red Stripe waiting for us in the van. Then we will be returning to Island Village to hang out at Margaritaville and then do some shopping, maybe rent the jet skis or something.

Grand Cayman we will just wing it. We don't want to plan every minute of the trip and we don't want to do Stingray City without our 7 year old son who really wants to do it. We will take him back on a Disney Cruise in the next year or so. I think Sea Grape sounds perfect. Your review and others who have posted have said it is great. They have the wave runners and umbrella chairs and everything that we will need. We were thinking about renting scooters, but I thinking we will pass on that. Sounds kind of dangerous. So we will just have a great beach day in the middle of January. Who would have guessed. Right now it is in the 30's which is a nice kind of heat wave. Very cold yesterday and there is plenty of snow on the ground.

Thanks Chris, can't wait to hear how everything turned out.

On the return they were right on time picking us up to take us from the Hyatt in Miami to our flight out of FLL. Prices are about what everyone else is, maybe a little better.

I think the biggest point in favor of BC's is the personal service. While they operate somewhat similar to SuperShuttle or another van service, they also offer post cruise excursion-like tours. This, especially, sounds like a real plus over the post-cruise excursions we've taken from the cruise lines and I am really anxious to try one of theirs next time we're looking to kill some time after a cruise. From what I understand they will take our group like to the Everglades tour or shopping or both and stay as long as WE want then move on whey WE are ready.

After using them I gotta believe that the horror story noted above is a very unfortunate fluke.

[quote name='Bequia'][color=darkolivegreen]Why dwell on BC's, there are sooooooooo many transportation services in FLL and MIA that offer personal service, new vehicles and great prices. :confused:[/color][/QUOTE]
Not dwelling, just discussing. If your not intrested in this thread then why read it? :confused:

[quote name='PRO PEOPLE MOVER']To WOG-NORTHENDER-EXBRIT-LIFE
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND PLEASE BE CAREFULL IF YOUR TRAVELING TONIGHT-and thanks for the support.
BC[/QUOTE]
Happy New Year to you and yours. No driving for us either. Had a great evening.

We just returned from Pompano Beach. The hotel orders the shuttle for you to the airport. We picked our time and there was a charge of $30 with a $10 deposit. When sitting in the lobby there was another couple there who were heading to Port Everglades. A shuttle driver walks in and says let's go folks.
We go out to the van, he very nicely puts in the luggage and a little voice tells me something is not quite kosher. So I ask the driver if this is the right shuttle and show him my slip and he says, "oh yes, I have been doing his stops today." So in the van we go, stop at another hotel to pick up more and I notice they are passing him white slips and ours is blue. I also note it is getting close to the time we should be at the airport and not being shy, spoke up and said I was getting nervous about the time and he had three cruise drops - he said he would take us to the airport first and did. We gave him the "blue" slip and the difference in price. I have a funny feeling that he just "scooped" us up with the rest and took the money which he probably would not have to report.
Has anyone had this type of experience before? :mad:

North...

When I was on my trip in November I had the same thing happen to me...a guy came up to me and said, "Ready to go"? and we all started to pick up our luggage and board the van. Right before we started loading I asked if he was picking up the Jones party and he said yes. I then asked if he was with the company I hired and thats when he said No. I guess they will do anything to fill-up the van. At the time I just thought he made a mistake, but now with your post I think not! Thanks for posting about this...I will be even more alert in the future, thanks to you!.

Kim :)

Oh this happened to me too..in Miami. We were waiting for a limousine we'd booked in front of the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. I was impressed when they were early to pick us up. We had a great ride to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, the price was right as I remembered booking it but the name of the company was Absolute Limousines not Limos of Miami, a totally different company. I thought it was wierd at the time but no harm done so I dismissed it.

I found out all about it when Limos of Miami charged us for the service that I paid cash for that day. I called thinking there was a mistake and it would be easy to see that they'd charged us twice in one day for the same service. That's when I was told that they charged us because we did not show and did not cancel our reservation.

Apparently that car that had been "early" had actually been looking for a fare and found us. I was stuck paying for both and never did get anything back from either one.

Hmmm

Well hopefully people will read this post and pay more attention. I should have listened to that little voice. It is always right :)

BC - I wish you would be a little more forthcoming on why this happened. I know I should have checked but did not. Good for you Babysam, you are the smart one.

We ended up taking a cab from FLL to the hotel because of flight delays. Directions were given by our friends and they gave us the wrong exit number. The nice cab driver tried to tell us but we were stubborn and made him go the "wrong" way. He was so nice, when we arrived, he took money off the bill and said no tip. Of course he did get tipped and our thanks.
So nice things also happen. :)

Chris, one of my thoughts was next time order a limo - I guess you have to be careful there too.

You know, I said to DH, I bet we could have not paid him (van driver) and he did not have a leg to stand on. :rolleyes:

No, not strange to make a deposit. The hotel arranged for the shuttle and the deposit was made to them. I would assume when the correct van driver showed up they (the hotel folks) would at least give him the $10 deposit.
Maybe that is why it is required because so much of this stuff goes on.

I had a billing showing the deposit and amount due at destination.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Archived