Anyone use BC's Express for transportation in Ft. Lauderdale?

BabySam99

Yes, he called me and told me that he wouldn't send a car unless he actually spoke with me about it. Otherwise to only look for his vans and they will have lettering on the side that says BC's Express. If I have any questions he can be reached at the numbers he gave me and they will be there when my flight arrives. So yes, essentially don't go with someone claiming to be there to pick me up unless they have one of his white vans.

We will find the best seats in the house to watch the game. Should be good, but as expected the PATS will be playing again in two weeks. ;)

So here's to a good experience and I will fill everyone in when I return.

[quote name='BabySam99']Have fun Paul! I bet your excited! Good luck with BC, I hope it all works out for you. Post when you get back. Be safe and have a blast! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kim!!!! I am very excited. I will be very safe, but I will have a great time too. Have a nice week and I will report back once we are safe and sound and at home. I'm off!!!!!!!!

I AM BACK! The trip was incredible. Had a great time. Ship was beautiful. We left over 2 hours late waiting for people to arrive. Which was fine, but must have been stressful for them. Lots of people and luggage waiting to board in Jamaica. Day before fly down is definitely worth it. I will write and post a more detailed review soon. But it was everything you said it would be. We had a blast.

BCs Express was excellent. They were right where they said they would be when they said they would be there. Brian was our driver for every leg of our trip and he was great. They were waiting when our planes landed and picked our parties up at different terminals with no problems. Even moved our Sat. morning pick up time by 45 mins. which was fine by us and that had us onboard the ship before 12:00 noon. They picked us up at the hotel and we didn't have to touch a bag and then when disembarking they were waiting for us even though we were delayed getting off the ship by about an hour so for people who didn't feel the need to present to customs/immigration. Took our group right away and were at the airport in no time. I have no trouble recommending BC to anyone. The service and promptness were first class.

Glad to hear BC was great. We are thinking about using him for a post cruise tour of Miami. We(about 30 of us) have 6+ hours to kill(6 pm flight)our ship comes into Miami and our flight is at FLL. He sounds like a nice guy. I will post when we decide-Harry

[quote name='harry0']Glad to hear BC was great. We are thinking about using him for a post cruise tour of Miami. We(about 30 of us) have 6+ hours to kill(6 pm flight)our ship comes into Miami and our flight is at FLL. He sounds like a nice guy. I will post when we decide-Harry[/QUOTE]

Good luck and any questions ask away.

[quote name='BabySam99']Paul I am so glad everything went well! I knew you would have a great time! I can't wait for your review! Glad BC worked out! Talk to you soon.

Kim:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we really did. I will try to get this thing out before the end of the week. It was nice that the Captain held the ship for the 70 plus people stuck in Atlanta. There were a lot of people waiting to board the ship in Jamaica and even more luggage waiting to be put on as well. I will have more for you soon.

I also emailed BC Express and he callled me back within 5 minutes!! Was I surprised! He was very helpful and I did book with him.....although if he talks as much on our ride from the aiport to the hotel, as he did on the phone tonight, I may jump out the window!! He had me on the phone for almost 45 minutes!! Talkative fellow!!

He is charging us $70 from the Miami airport to the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale. He then will come back the next day and drive us from the Hotel to the pier for $3 per person ($12).

Does this seem like a fair price or should I continue looking for transportation?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I do know that cabfare from the port of Miami to FLL is about $60. But I do not know if you would be able to get 4 passengers and luggage into a cab(even a mini van cab). So I would say it is a fair price. His price to port sounds more than fair. I am still waiting for him to get me a price for a post cruise tour in Miami. I am hoping his price is good. I am checking with one other company too.
Harry

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Luvcrusin']I also emailed BC Express and he callled me back within 5 minutes!! Was I surprised! He was very helpful and I did book with him.....although if he talks as much on our ride from the aiport to the hotel, as he did on the phone tonight, I may jump out the window!! He had me on the phone for almost 45 minutes!! Talkative fellow!!

He is charging us $70 from the Miami airport to the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale. He then will come back the next day and drive us from the Hotel to the pier for $3 per person ($12).

Does this seem like a fair price or should I continue looking for transportation?

:confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE]

That's what we paid and I thought it was a decent deal. You might find someone for a little less but we feel like we can count on BC to be there and be sure we get where we need to go on time. The peace of mind is worth it to me after a close call on a previous cruise with another company.

He IS one chatty dude. Use that to your advantage, he seems to know everything about Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Or just say "Shhh BC!"....he will.
;)

A lot of you folks make your judgements on what you hear, not what you have experienced - Well I prearranged 5 pickups with BC over two weeks and he was there on time at every one

He is courteous and reliable

He does NOT use foul language

He does NOT wait until full till he leaves-if you are a hurry he will go

He is the cheapest price for the service in the area

He IS one of few shuttle services that are permitted

He IS one of few shuttle services that carry liability insyurance for passenger carrying

BC himself is a very interesting person - very knowledgeable and, yes, he does talk a lot, but don't put him down for this.

You can go with one of the brightly painted shuttles at a higher cost and take your chances or you can go with BC - but DO NOT put him down unless you have been there!!

Ron

[quote name='coiran']A lot of you folks make your judgements on what you hear, not what you have experienced - Well I prearranged 5 pickups with BC over two weeks and he was there on time at every one

He IS one of few shuttle services that carry liability insyurance for passenger carrying

BC himself is a very interesting person - very knowledgeable and, yes, he does talk a lot, but don't put him down for this.

You can go with one of the brightly painted shuttles at a higher cost and take your chances or you can go with BC - but DO NOT put him down unless you have been there!!

Ron[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ron... but he DID use bad language and he DID have nasty things to say to me when I decided to use someone else and he DOES wait until the van is full if he doesn't have pre-arrainged fares. I take a offense at being called a liar. I use these boards to make a educated desicions about vacation planning. I spoke to numerous people that had good and bad things to say, I used this info and decided to use another company. B was very unproffesional by enganging in threads on these boards and by making our private conversations public. I am glad that you had a good experience with this character, but don't start saying things about me when you really don't have all the facts. I used a diffrent company and did not pay anymore than you did and no it wasn't one of those "brightly painted shuttles", I had a good experience with the company I chose and I am happy in the direction I took. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BabySam99']Sorry Ron... but he DID use bad language and he DID have nasty things to say to me when I decided to use someone else and he DOES wait until the van is full if he doesn't have pre-arrainged fares. I take a offense at being called a liar. I use these boards to make a educated desicions about vacation planning. I spoke to numerous people that had good and bad things to say, I used this info and decided to use another company. B was very unproffesional by enganging in threads on these boards and by making our private conversations public. I am glad that you had a good experience with this character, but don't start saying things about me when you really don't have all the facts. I used a diffrent company and did not pay anymore than you did and no it wasn't one of those "brightly painted shuttles", I had a good experience with the company I chose and I am happy in the direction I took. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well EXCUUUUUUUSE me - I don't see where I called you a liar, and as for me not having the facts - how can you say that when I was in nthe van nwith BC?? Perhaps one of us is living in a parrallel world!

My statements were made from what I experienced.

Ron

[quote name='coiran']A lot of you folks make your judgements on what you hear, not what you have experienced - Well I prearranged 5 pickups with BC over two weeks and he was there on time at every one

Ron[/QUOTE]

This has been our experience also, almost verbatim

[quote name='coiran']Well EXCUUUUUUUSE me - I don't see where I called you a liar, and as for me not having the facts - how can you say that when I was in nthe van nwith BC?? Perhaps one of us is living in a parrallel world!

My statements were made from what I experienced.

Ron[/QUOTE]

Your quote...."A lot of you folks make your judgements on what you hear, not what you have experienced "

Who exactly made the judgements you are speaking of? My so called judgements are facts also...I think I was the only one talking about the foul langauage so yes I took it personally.

What would you call it Ron? All of your statements were in direct refrence to my past posts in this thread.

I have my opinions and you have yours. Let's just leave it at that. That's what these boards are for...right?!

As far as the world (parallel according to you...very immature) I live in...I am in the same world as you so let's just agree to disagree.

Have a good day Ron :rolleyes:

Archived