Econo Lodge or Days Inn-Galveston - yea or nay?

Choozin Croozin

Looking for an inexpensive ($100 or less incl taxes) for night before cruise for Feb 23 maybe 22 too. They are really hard to come by. Have read many reviews and have tried many places incl the Super 8 which looks very nice (n/a). ANyone have a report on the above 2 or any other suggestions. We are driving but will probably park at the cruise terminal as from what I have read it would be a lot safer. The hotel need not be fancy but CLEAN and NO BUGS!:D

I saw your other post, but no worries with Quality Inn...no bugs. Try looking @ tripadvisor and you will see many good reviews and hands down way better reviews than Econolodge or days inn (YIKES!) I stay there repeatedly with no problems. If it was gross, you couldn't keep me quiet about it ya know?

Thanks KOOLBEANS!!! Can you tell, or should I say do you think I'm being a little paranoid??:eek::eek: LOL I have spent 7 hours today reading reviews for hotels and I have become so discouraged. I usually start with tripadvisor, and usually take what I read with a grain of salt, but for some reason I have been really nervous about finding a hotel in Galveston (and surrounding areas). I was all set on Holiday Inn Sunspree and then on Google all the reviews ripped it apart. So with all this said, Quality Inn it is and I will rest assured;).

Thanks KOOLBEANS!!! Can you tell' date=' or should I say do you think I'm being a little paranoid??:eek::eek: LOL I have spent 7 hours today reading reviews for hotels and I have become so discouraged. I usually start with tripadvisor, and usually take what I read with a grain of salt, but for some reason I have been really nervous about finding a hotel in Galveston (and surrounding areas). I was all set on Holiday Inn Sunspree and then on Google all the reviews ripped it apart. So with all this said, Quality Inn it is and I will rest assured;).[/quote']

Hey Choozin, You might check with Holiday Inn on the Beach. Their off-season rate runs around $100 and the have free parking during your cruise and a shuttle service to and from the ship. It is a pretty nice place. Oh yeah, I all most forgot. Feb. 23 is my birthday. Eat a shrimp for me.

KoolBeans, we have a kickbutt blues band by that name. Spelled with a C.

Have you tried galveston.com ? They seem to have some reasonable rooms for under 100 buckaroos. I'm kinda spoiled, I love the Hotel Tremont and Harbor House. But I am going to try Baymont Inn, fair reviews and fair price with free breakfast and free parking. The review also said that it was new hotel.

Ok well i unbooked the Days Inn (SCARY:eek: so im told) and booked the The Westshore Hotel. we only paid 109 + tax. i too was trying to find a hotel under 100 but u get what u pay for i guess. feb is the in season down there so i m told so expect to pay a lil higher

Have you tried galveston.com ? They seem to have some reasonable rooms for under 100 buckaroos. I'm kinda spoiled, I love the Hotel Tremont and Harbor House. But I am going to try Baymont Inn, fair reviews and fair price with free breakfast and free parking. The review also said that it was new hotel.

Yes, I have tried Galveston.com numerous times but I can't seem to ever get prices or even book a room. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. All I get is the list of hotels that supposedly are available, but then I can't take it any further.:confused::confused::confused:

Right now there is a 2.5* hotel (Holiday Inn Express, Amerisuites etc) on hotwire for that date for $79, $90 something with the extras fee and taxes. It is in the area around where the Holiday Inn SunSpree is and I am wondering if that could be the one. That would be a good price if that is the hotel. I originally read a lot of negative on the HI but since then read some positives. I just am so creeped out by unclean hotels and bugs. (I'm kind of germophobic)lol

We are cruising from Galveston March 9, 2008 and I too have had trouble finding low rates. Galveston.com also gets me nowhere. I did call them in June and they said the rates will not be in their computer until September or October. No help on Hotels.com, etc. This seems kinda late for me since I like to plan ahead.

We are cruising from Galveston March 9, 2008 and I too have had trouble finding low rates. Galveston.com also gets me nowhere. I did call them in June and they said the rates will not be in their computer until September or October. No help on Hotels.com, etc. This seems kinda late for me since I like to plan ahead.

September or October!!! Who could wait that long (or close to the date) to book a room....lol. I started looking back in March when I booked the cruise for Pete's sake. ;) Glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble.

I think you might be right in the middle of Mardi Gras! I am not sure of the dates but Galveston sells out of hotels and charges thru the nose for them too. I would try priceline and enter 3 stars. You usually get Tremont, Harbor House, or Galvez but if it is indeed Mardi Gras, forget it. Take what you can get and hope for the best. I am going to check the dates and edit this reply. Stay tuned....

Archived