skyauction good/bad?

lg30047

Priceline and other on-line travel booking sites are frequent topics on CC.

I have met people on cruises who have booked through Sky Auction, and were very pleased.

Like any other internet business, read and understand all of the fine print before commiting to any purchase, especially added-on taxes and fees.

Just be aware that sky auction prices are without port fees or taxes. All cruise agency sites list prices with port fees and without taxes. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

If you read each auction it lists the port charges and fees lower down, so you DO know what they will be, just add the amount it shows to the auction price.

Im a little nervous about this site because you dont know who the TA will be that you will be dealing with from what I understand. Some are hard to get a hold of and little or no service if you do need to reach them.

The prices are almost always for inside cabins -- the upgrade pricing very often makes it more expensive than booking in the conventional manner and no amenities.

What I do buy - quite often - on Skyauction, are timeshare weeks rentals. Fantastic deals generally - if you bid on the right combination and don't need to travel during high season or school holidays. We've had great weeks in Ft. Lauderdale, Marbella and Tenerife (even though we live on the island:p ) at a total cost per week of not more than $250. Hard to beat those prices at 4 star hotels or resorts!

Archived