Cool Runnings

rskater59

Hi

I have been having a hard time booking a catamaran tour in Barbados for December 17th. Shasa and Capt Ron both had private charters already booked. I got Cool Runnings for $80pp. Snorkel with shipwreck, sea turtles, go to a serene bay, buffet lunch and open bar.

Anyone else ever use this company?

Bob

Sorry this is somewhat off-topic to your request but...

the other evening I passed Cool Runnings 1 and 2

and thought I should take a photo or two

so here they are!

Hope they give you guys some idea of

what sort-of...size-of boat we're talking about here.

They're quite large and comfortable for coastal cruising!

Anyone needing larger pics..

pcdoctor (at) caribsurf dot com

Just back from Barbados and our second time on Cool Runnings....first class all the way! The captain and crew were the same from our first trip with them (over two years ago). They are a great group of people and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy yourselves. First stop is a swim with the turtles, the crew feeds the turtles and you will get an upclose view. Then they stop for snorkeling at a ship wreck and finally stop for swimming just off a beach. A delicious buffet lunch is served, island music, open bar. I would definitely sail with them again. Go you won't be disappointed!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are booking them for our cruise stop in Barbados (AOS May 2008). I've heard that they are great with families and we have a 4 1/2 year old, so we're going with them. They have great reviews on CC and I've also seen really good reviews for them on Trip Advisor.

Hope this helps!

Georgia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They have two separate cats so I think it depends. They make a point of limiting the passenger load so that its not crowded. They offer a group discount at 10 or 12.

Out outing with them was EXCELLENT. We'd been on Heat Wave a few years earlier and enjoyed it, but Cool Runnings was definately a cut above. They an Silver Moon are the best cats out there.

Out outing with them was EXCELLENT. We'd been on Heat Wave a few years earlier and enjoyed it, but Cool Runnings was definately a cut above. They an Silver Moon are the best cats out there.

We've booked with Cool Runnings for their 5 hour lunch cruise in April. What time was your pick up and return?

i tried booking them for march. our ship arrives at 9 am and they said we arrive too late for them. they won't wait for us to get off the ship if we are later than 9:30. i have now looked at el tigre, who says they will wait, but will probably book with thriller ocean tour who leaves on a 12:30 tour and is $50 without lunch.

Click here: Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises - Sailing Barbados

since they didn't let me book, i booked thriller ocean tours. they don't include lunch and are $50. they take you to 4 snorkel spots. the tour says 3 1/2 hrs, but everyone says it lasts 4 hrs. they use a speed boat instead of a catamaran thriller-ocean-tours@caribsurf.com that is their address in case you want info. they're very good about replying and let you pay the day of the tour.

We've booked with Cool Runnings for their 5 hour lunch cruise in April. What time was your pick up and return?

When you e-mail them you'll get detailed instructions. It was approximately 9-2:30. Barbados' pier and harbor is large so working your way out of the harbor terminal takes a little time (they use shuttle buses to move pax from remote piers). CR instructs you to leave the terminal and go to the entry gate about 50-100 yards from the main building. That's where parking is located and they'll have reps to direct you to their shuttle bus.

They shuttle you to and from Carlisle Bay Marina which is adjacent the city center of Bridgetown and an easy 5 or so minute walk from Boatyard beach (which is visible from the Marina).

When we went we were with a large family group. My kids were ready for the ship when we returned (sun and exercised out - a good sign!) so they went back to the ship with relatives. DW and I walked over the bridge to the Boatyard (nice beach) and bought a drink from the neighboring restaurant-bar ('Boatyard' is a specific bar that peddles day passes for their toys and stuff); we swam, and took in the beach scene there for an hour or so then hopped a cab back to the pier ($3-5); spent half an hour perusing the shops in the pier terminal, bought bajan hot sauce and rum and reboarded.

All in all a great day!

We just went with Cool Runnings last week! We had the best time on this excursion! The boats were extremely clean, modern (even had facilities), an open bar from the time you get on the boat till you dock, and a VERY friendly staff. The staff is extremely attentive to your every need. One young man even dove down to get my snorkel when I dropped it! I can't say enough great things about this company. They bring food to feed the turtles and fish. We saw 3-4 turtles up close, one almost swam into my husband (no danger!) then we went snorkeling at a shipwreck. I have NEVER in my life seen so many fish. I felt like I was in a fish tank at a store where they cram in about a 1,000 fish. It was almost alarming there were so many fish. Afterward they took us to an off the beaten path beach for lunch. The food was great, the company was great. It was a very exciting and relaxing day.

I thought it was a little odd at first that they wanted us to meet them outside of the port terminal. They were about 30 minutes late picking us up too but.... I would have paid $150 per person to enjoy this excursion again. (You could actually walk to the pier if you wanted to but we didn't know that)

This is really a five star excursion. http://www.coolrunningsbarbados.com/

Hope this helps!

I enjoyed reading about your excursion. my wife and I just booked with cool runnings for mid feb. wondering if you have anymore information or maybe some pictures.

I do have photos but have not had a chance to upload them yet. I will try to post this weekend, but feel free to e-mail me to remind me. What ship are you on? We recently travelled to Dominica, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Dominican Republic, San Juan, Belize, Playa Del Carmen, and Costa Maya.

You will enjoy Cool Runnings, they are top notch.

• 9 months later...

Archived