New York hotel near port

thechandlers99

this is to dteich1- we are flying into JFK and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. I talked to hotel and they have free transport to the hotel and we have several car services phone #'s from this board and will call one of them when we are ready.(I called them and this is the procedure-call when ready.) We don't arrive until the day before cruise until around 8pm, so a bed, shower and breakfast is all we are interested in, we will not do the city, been there done that. The hotel also has a car service they use as well.:)

Most of the time once you get to the West side there is no traffic holdups. The exception is during the rush hours, but most of the day between 10-4 traffic moves freely. Its true until you get to the west side you may have a delay but that is the way life is.\ and most times people traveling to the cruise terminal is not during peak traffic times. The BBT is rarely back up itself too many free alternatives. If you are going to the BBT from the FDR try the Brooklyn Bridge way...

FYI I was in Edgewater NJ this am...a Friday before the Holiday. I filled up at the LiKuot gas station at 11:35(on the receipt I didn't leave for a few minutes I was getting coffee for my wife. I went up over the GWB down the West side Highway(there was traffic going to 95 but if on the upper level you stay to the extreme right lane it moves well). I passed the Manhattan cruise terminal at 11:53. The Carnival Miracle was there no back up yet just a couple of car back up down the ramp(not on the ground level)....People were still getting off.

I was at the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel at 12:08. The Queen Mary is in the Red Hook terminal- going to Halifax....so I say again its less than 30 minutes from Times Square to Red Hook with a driver who knows the way during mid day....

Archived