Does the ship wait ?

Ok, so I'm starting to panic and am starting to think of more things to panic about that will probably go wrong and HE will blame me for not preparing for it so...

Just wading through a thread from hell on Princess about a cruiser's family being left behind (as well as 43 other passengers) due to late flights organised by the cruise line and couldn't catch up to the ship for 2 days and missed her birthday on board...what a disaster. But, it did raise a question for me.

Our flights have been organised from Adelaide to Brizvegas on Saturday morning by P&O.

A lot of the advice on the other thread is to fly in the night before. We weren't offered that instead, the flights were just booked on the day of the sailing.

Will the ship wait if we are running late from delayed flights ?

cheers

Vanessa

I think if the cruise lines books them they will wait like their tour policy. If you book yourself i think you are on your own and then have to fly to noumea or vila to catch up.

I cannot recall any one on this board that that has happened too so relax, easier said than done i know!!

how is the organising with the kids going????

how old are they again?

have they forgiven you?

has that "other" person who will remain nameless forgiven you????

The children are 13yrs (boy), 17yrs (girl) 20yrs (bigger boy). They're all pretty independent and are happy that the pantry will be stocked with the appropriately easy to prepare food. Of course there is the cash supplement to buy in should the need to heat something up be too taxing :confused: spoilt brats but we love em'

We are taking them to Thailand and Cambodia for 2 weeks leaving on 17th Sept so yes, they aren't too fussed about the cruise because we've already bought their forgiveness :D

And I think HE is actually getting a bit excited ! Usually I'm the one that wakes up and says "only 10 more sleeps !" but this morning he actually worked out only 5 days to go..woohoo :D

cheers

Vanessa

The children are 13yrs (boy), 17yrs (girl) 20yrs (bigger boy). They're all pretty independent and are happy that the pantry will be stocked with the appropriately easy to prepare food. Of course there is the cash supplement to buy in should the need to heat something up be too taxing :confused: spoilt brats but we love em'

We are taking them to Thailand and Cambodia for 2 weeks leaving on 17th Sept so yes, they aren't too fussed about the cruise because we've already bought their forgiveness :D

And I think HE is actually getting a bit excited ! Usually I'm the one that wakes up and says "only 10 more sleeps !" but this morning he actually worked out only 5 days to go..woohoo :D

cheers

Vanessa

Vanessa, we left our 21yr,19yr boys and 16yr daughter at home when we went to Thailand this year for 4 weeks, I stocked the pantry, cleaned the house, paid the bills, left "emergency money" (which went on pizzas:rolleyes: ), then I had to come home and do it all again, the pantry was bare, house was tidy, but I'm sure they did a tear around tidy up before we drove in!!

Anyway, it was all worth it to have some quality time alone! They know there will be no more "paid" holidays for them, it's all about us now!!

The boys are adults and can pay their own way, and Jade says she would be bored coming away with the two of us, so it worked out well:D

Chez

xx

Hi again Vanessa

Thankfully we do not have the problems they often have in US with flights.

It is a very very rare thing for our flights to be delayed or disrupted by weather or plane fault.

Get to the airport early - stop worrying & move into cruise mode.

Have a great cruise - weather up hear is back to normal & the swell is moderating. Noosa is still flooded though.

John

If P&O have organised the flights for you i'm pretty sure they're obliged to wait for you if there is a delay.

Our first cruise sailed just days after the demise of Ansett and I remember having to wait about 6 hours for approx 80 people to board, as their P&O organised (Ansett) flights had to be swapped for charter busses instead!!

Don't stress though - everything will be fine on the day and nothing will go wrong :D:D

A big thankyou again to you all. When next Saturday comes around there will probably be a collective sigh of relief and CCers around Australia will say "thanks god she's gone !!":D

cheers

Vanessa :o :D

I was gonna suggest a chill pill Vanessa, but then saw the 5 days to go and figure fair enough. I won't be saying thank god shes gone, but I might kick back with a shiraz (nope Chardy doesn't do it for me)

Cheers

Geoff

We're on the same cruise Southaussie - we fly in from NZ tomorrow (Wednesday- OMG!!)icon10.gif and we're spending the first 3 nights in Mooloolaba and driving down on the Saturday. What time are we expected to baord - it says 11am embark but does that mean "be there by 11am" or "anytime after 11am" ??

Anyway I'm sure we'll have a ball - as long as the sea stays fairly smooth.

Must get packing!! (look out for a group of 9 - very noisy probably!!)

Thanks staceymrow I'm not sure what I'll be wearing but I've got big red hair (and hips to match...um...the big part not the red part) :o

Thanks Paul, I don't mind a nice McLaren Vale Shiraz myself :D

We'll look out for you S&HB...9 rowdy passengers, that should narrow it down :confused:

Thanks Goin' Crusin' :D I've already checked the weather out of Adelaide is supposed to be nice on Saturday morning so shouldn't be any delays and we're direct into Brizzy at 12.00. A friend told me it's only about 30mins from the airport so we should be there in plenty of time....sigh !

cheers

Vanessa

I will be there to see you off South Aussie. Have fun , It will be me soon, Im just as excited and nervous all will go as planned. Have a ball!icon10.gif

I only just realised you'll be leaving from Portside. For some reason I had it in my head that you were on the Sun :cool: I will more than likely be there to see you off too then :D If you hang around the front of the ship as she departs I may even catch you with my video camera lol:D

I only just realised you'll be leaving from Portside. For some reason I had it in my head that you were on the Sun :cool: I will more than likely be there to see you off too then :D If you hang around the front of the ship as she departs I may even catch you with my video camera lol:D

Excellent and you can point us out in the video like Mac and TRudy and call us Brenton and Nancy :D

cheers

Vanessa

Excellent and you can point us out in the video like Mac and TRudy and call us Brenton and Nancy :D

cheers

Vanessa

LOL I'll keep an eye out for a lady with big red hair ;) (I've totally got an image of Nicole Kidman's original hair going on LOL!)

You keep an eye out for a giant with bleach blonde hair and a dark goatee - that's my hubby - i'm usually standing next to him but in his shadow ;)

LOL I'll keep an eye out for a lady with big red hair ;) (I've totally got an image of Nicole Kidman's original hair going on LOL!)

You keep an eye out for a giant with bleach blonde hair and a dark goatee - that's my hubby - i'm usually standing next to him but in his shadow ;)

cool !

And yes, a bit Nicole Kidman (the original) in the hair department we're a bit different in the body type :eek: She's more North South, I'm more East West.....see I can do directions if I try !

I'll definitely look out for you and hubby. I'll be the one qwaffing (sp) handfuls of Kwells with my sail away cocktail ! :confused: :o

cool !

And yes, a bit Nicole Kidman (the original) in the hair department we're a bit different in the body type :eek: She's more North South, I'm more East West.....see I can do directions if I try !

I'll definitely look out for you and hubby. I'll be the one qwaffing (sp) handfuls of Kwells with my sail away cocktail ! :confused: :o

You crack me up:D

I hope you have the best best time!!!!

Chez

xx

cool !

ROFL!! I'm sitting here laughing out loud at that comment! I'm sure my co-workers are thinking i've lost the plot (finally). I'll keep an eye out for you on Saturday.

What time are you due to depart??

On that subject, does anyone know why the Star was late departing last Saturday? We got there at 1:30 for a 2pm sailaway and people were still sitting around outside waiting for their boarding calls :eek:

yes Minxy, she was rather late departing. I even had to start wine'o'clock early to cope with the stress that there might be another problem and waiting for the 30sec refresh on the cruisecam !

We were watching the cruisecam and wondering why she wasn't leaving. Lucky Kathy had a friend on the wharf and could see that they were still loading luggage and passengers. I think Geoff or Kym said that she got in late and so she left late.

Naughty Geoff suggested she may be headed back to dry dock...:(

We're supposed to leave at 2pm

cheers

Vanessa

I was under the impression that if the cruise company organised the flights, they are responsible to get you on the ship. It’s a bit different if you arrange your flights independently.

We flew in the morning of our recent cruise – arrived in Sydney at about 6.30am. We organised our flights independantly as I could get them a couple of hundred dollars cheaper each.

Archived