Do U recommend the Snorkel Park beach?

Ivy86

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Just to continue this hijack one bit more, how does a Rx mask compare to contact lenses?

When you are underwater everything is magnified so I find my vision with the RX mask to be better since it is optimized for underwater. My contact lens prescription didn't take being underwater into account. Since everyone has different vision I would hesitate to generalize.

When you are underwater everything is magnified so I find my vision with the RX mask to be better since it is optimized for underwater. My contact lens prescription didn't take being underwater into account. Since everyone has different vision I would hesitate to generalize.

Thanks. Your experience is appreciated.

I am not an expert, but I have often heard that you should NOT wear contact lenses in the water.

"To prevent infections:

Minimize contact with water. Remove your contact lenses before you bathe, swim or use a hot tub."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/adult-health/in-depth/contact-lenses/art-20046293?pg=2

I agree. I only wear mine under a swim mask when I snorkel. I'm really, really, really near sighted and wouldn't be able to see anything without some form of correction. I might bite the bullet soon and get Rx mask...

Yeah - for the Snorkel Park but not for the other beaches!

Myself and son attended my work's Family Day in 2006 at the Snorkel Park - it was our first time and we agreed that it was the worst fee-paying beach we'd ever been to anywhere in the world (there was an admission price at the time, but I don't know about now - we never went back!).

As of last week, admission is $5 per person. I would not recommend Snorkel Park as your only Bermuda Beach experience. Maybe for a second beach day for a few hours. We did a day pass at Coco Reef on our second day and then the afternoon at Snorkel Park on the 3rd day.

• 3 weeks later...