another newbie queston...

ajrs

thank goodness this board exists! i have another question regarding drinks...is there a charge for all kinds of beverages or just sodas and alcohol? kids drink mostly juice and water, hubby can't live without diet coke and i'm an iced tea girl. just trying to figure out how much we'll end up spending. thanks.

Juice is free at breakfast. In the windjammer and restaurant you can get lemonade, ice tea and some kind of punch. Everything else is paid for. There is a soda card that you can purchase that allows unlimited fountain soda for one person only.

Iced tea, lemonade, tap water, coffee (regular, not fancy) and tea are all included. Juice is included at breakfast only (hint, if you like a lot of juice, fill up a sports bottle at breakfast and put it in your fridge. If your husband drinks a LOT of Diet Coke (at least 4 per day) he can buy a soda card which will entitle him to unlimited FOUNTAIN sodas. The cost is $6 + 15% gratuity per day and must be purchased for the entire length of the cruise (i.e., he cannot just purchase it on sea days for instance). Otherwise, he can just purchase cans as he wants them (about $1.75 each). Bottled water is not included in any deal and is quite expensive - we always pack several bottles along with bottles of Diet Pepsi (DH's drink of choice) in a separate small suitcase and then use it for bringing home "extra" stuff).

The iced tea that I have experienced that is "on tap" is always instant. Yuck. I take along one of those big insulated travel mugs or sports bottle with a large opening. I fill it 1/2 way with hot water, throw in a tea bag or two (they usually have them there at the drink bars), dump in about 10 sugar packs (yes, I'm from the south :D), stir it up, and fill it the rest of the way with ice. Ta-dah! Fresh-brewed iced tea! That usually lasts me an hour or so. If they have lemonade or punch, I'll drink that sometimes instead.

The ice tea, although is refreshing, is unsweetened, and probably made from a powder

Yep I saw the bag when they filled the machine:)

Also if you don't like your coffee strong buy a box of the individual Coffee Bags and ask for Hot Water.

thank goodness this board exists! i have another question regarding drinks...is there a charge for all kinds of beverages or just sodas and alcohol? kids drink mostly juice and water, hubby can't live without diet coke and i'm an iced tea girl. just trying to figure out how much we'll end up spending. thanks.

Buy the Coke card when you board. You will see tables all over the place selling them. I am not sure of the cost now (something like $6 - $7 / day) but they will give you a sticker on your cruise card that allows refills at all the bars. This applies to fountain drinks only.

I don't believe you are charged for tea or juice.

Archived