1/2 of an adjoining cabin

KAWS

How nasty is it to get a cabin that's 1/2 of an adjoining? Is that middle wall between them thinner and therefore you can hear next door?

We booked two cabins for our cruise next March with larger balconies pretty much across the hall from each other. One of them is attached to another cabin. Was this a bad move or no?

We had adjoining cabins on both the Voyager and Freedom and did not hear anything through the doors. The only compaint I would have is that instead of a couch in my inside cabin, I had a chair because of the door.

I second this statement entirely. I booked an adjoining by accident, but never heard anything. We did have the chair, though.

We had adjoining cabins on both the Voyager and Freedom and did not hear anything through the doors. The only compaint I would have is that instead of a couch in my inside cabin, I had a chair because of the door.

That is interesting to know, we booked adjoining rooms on the ROS for our 2008 Hawaii when we thought friends were going then they backed out. So we won't have a sofa, just a chair. We don't need adjoining now, rather have a sofa.

I had the same experience on the Enchantment. The benefit was that since my luggage didn't fit under the bed, there was enough room to tuck it behind the chair! On the downside, the tv didn't move far enough to the left to watch it from the bed, so it would have been nice to have watched it from a couch.

I just want to know how you got two balcony cabins across the hall from each other? Either one is an inside cabin with a balcony (!) or that's a VERY narrow ship!

It's because they are near the elevators. Sort of kitty corner across the hall. More like across the ship I suppose. I guess in reality ours is kind of behind the library. It's Radiance of the Seas and we're in 9576 and our friends are in 9094.

And cb at sea: I actually have never been in an adjoining hotel room before which is why I asked the question about the noise factor. What I have read on these boards is people saying they don't want to book 1/2 of an adjoining (but didn't read that until we had booked). So I guess I'm still wondering why people would say that or think they were not desirable rooms if there's no extra noise factor. Our only cruise experience has been full aft balcony cabins. They are very quiet because the only people that go back there are people IN those cabins. We've always had afts with only one person on one side. Couldn't get that on this ship so that's why we booked what we did.

It's because they are near the elevators. Sort of kitty corner across the hall. More like across the ship I suppose. I guess in reality ours is kind of behind the library. It's Radiance of the Seas and we're in 9576 and our friends are in 9094.

hhmmm...........It would never occur to me to describe these cabins as being "across the hall from each other."

They're "across the hall" from each the way that Pennsylvania and Oregon are "across the country" from each other! ;)

:D

We've had connecting cabins twice, both time tried to move and the cruiseline wouldn't let us. One was a guarantee on NCL, one was QM2, booked a year in advance and they were just horribly stubborn about it. I had always thought these cabins were in demand and that groups or families would desire them, it seems these cruise lines didn't care.

Oh well, off we go....It was fine, no problem at all. One (QM2) you could hear the neighbors more, but we simply rolled up a towel and placed it at the bottom of the door, that muffled the voices. The other time, I swear the connecting cabin was empty!

I posted a similar question recently and got some responses from people who had stayed in connecting cabins and had problems with noise from their neighbours. I guess it's just the luck of the draw who you get next to you.

We were in half of a connecting cabin pair last year on the FOS. The cabins were Promenade on Deck 8. I found it to be very noisy. Two older teens next door came in every night very late and woke me up. I heard it all! I am a light sleeper and easily awakened. IMO it all depends on you, how easily you are awakened, and how noisy your neighbors are and when!

Archived