Room Service

Archipelago

Does Seadream have room service ? I am not interested in dining in my cabin but might like a sandwich in between dining times or later in the evening... maybe some fries etc .:) I had read in a prior review somewhere that Seadream had an " open pantry ":confused:

24 hour room service menu, cheese trays, fruit, caviar (extra charge) and popcorn for the movies in your room. Never managed room service yet, always too full from all the other food but have seen room service trays and they look delicious. I think I will go eat something fattening now.

Jim.

I had never ordered any room service at all until my last sailing and the dinner portions were TINY . I usually went back to my suite hungry and ordered almost another meal in room service !!:p Soo if I get another 1" x 2" steak I can order room service when I get back to my cabin !!:p

I can not imagine what you are talking about ! I never left dinner wanting more food. The food on Sea Dream is fabulous and there is always all you want to eat. Just ask if you don't like the dish or if you want more. On Sea Dream they will bring you more! But I can't imagine why anyone would want more food than they served. I went home gaining 5 lbs.

I am with Whatnot - just let them know how much food you want to have brought to you and they will accommodate.

So much about the dining on SeaDream is presentation - and if you are going to make s swish with some sort of sauce on the plate - they need room to do on the plate - so some entrees come out with pretty small serving sizes (which is usually just about perfect for the average person). My husband made it clear about how many ounces of meat he wanted and for the rest of the voyage - that is what he was given. No need to spend any time being disappointed in any aspect of SeaDream - just give them your expectations and they will meet them.

Sounds good !!! My last cruise was on the same line as Disney Jen took in December of last year and I hope to talk to her about that some time :eek: :p

As you know/read we enjoy our SD experiences much more than our SB experience.

In terms of food ... let's put it this way ... the only time we used SD room service was for some pre-dinner nibbles in our stateroom. On SB we used room service quite a bit ... for breakfasts (since we didn't want to have to dress to go the dining room), after dinner for dessert, and for dinner two nights.

Ask away John:D

My trip was a succession of errors etc . and was not my best vacation. I received the wrong meals 4 out of 5 nights. They would take the lids off of the plates and I would have something other than what I orsered and a couple of times I didn't say anything. I got the same dish twice one time and was raked over the coals by a tablemate for getting it twice and I said I did not order it twice ; it was sent twice:o . I found out that depending on where one sat determined whether the entree would arrive as described in the menu or not( I got the filet with peppercorn sauce 3 times.. one time it was served with NO sauce.. one time with a teaspoon of sauce .. and one time they poured a bowl of sauce over it ):confused: The second day that I went to breakfast I asked to see a menu and the waiter wanted to know why because the menu was the same as the day before.The last 2 days were really good.. but before then not the best. Even the beach BBQ .. I asked for a drink and was told where to go get it , but an older guy that was with me there said surely you can get us a drink and he reluctantly went and got us our choices . I guess what made it worse was that the staff kept reminding everyon how fabulous they were:confused: Did you have a similar experience ? Yes and there was a surly waiter too !!

Have not booked another one yet :p

Never did incur any rudiness from the wait staff on SeaDreamII. There was person that was a little cold at first, but by the time we left the ship he was one of our favorites. As to the portions of food...personally I enjoyed having smaller portions. Came away the table not feeling overstuffed and bloated. Think the food is fabulous.Leaving on cruise on SeaDream I hope everything is as great as it was on SeaDreamII.

My trip was a succession of errors etc . and was not my best vacation. I received the wrong meals 4 out of 5 nights. They would take the lids off of the plates and I would have something other than what I orsered and a couple of times I didn't say anything. I got the same dish twice one time and was raked over the coals by a tablemate for getting it twice and I said I did not order it twice ; it was sent twice:o . I found out that depending on where one sat determined whether the entree would arrive as described in the menu or not( I got the filet with peppercorn sauce 3 times.. one time it was served with NO sauce.. one time with a teaspoon of sauce .. and one time they poured a bowl of sauce over it ):confused: The second day that I went to breakfast I asked to see a menu and the waiter wanted to know why because the menu was the same as the day before.The last 2 days were really good.. but before then not the best. Even the beach BBQ .. I asked for a drink and was told where to go get it , but an older guy that was with me there said surely you can get us a drink and he reluctantly went and got us our choices . I guess what made it worse was that the staff kept reminding everyon how fabulous they were:confused: Did you have a similar experience ? Yes and there was a surly waiter too !!

Have not booked another one yet :p

John, it sounds like your experience on SB (or as we sometimes call is Brand X which is not to be confused with Celebrity) was very similar to ours. I agree that it was annoying to hear about how wonderful the staff was from the staff. Needless to say we marked our exit surveys how we felt ... interestingly we NEVER heard back from SB.

On our two cruises on SD we never had an issue with staff ... of course there was one who could have done a better job of giving equal service at the same table but that was minor.

In terms of the bar staff ... they always had my Pelligrino with lime and grand mimosa on the table as soon as I would arrive at "my" Bali bed each day:p They also were wonderful about bringing fresh fruit kebabs and other goodies for a mid-morning munch. After lunch my gin and diet tonic glass was always replenished.

On SB DH more than once had to go to the bar to retrieve drinks while I stayed poolside. Actually he requested a Painkiller one day and was told they couldn't make one ... and then the next day it was no problem.

One of my favorite SD bar service stories involves Bloody Marys. One morning, Ctbjr, DH and I ordered Bloody Marys ... and they were good but not spicy at all. After dinner that night at the Top of the Yacht we were sitting at the bar and DH was explaining the recipe for my Bloodies to Ctbjr while we were at the bar...

Next morning Eric, the bartender, brought the three of us his version of my recipe... and it was spot on. He said that he had experimented that night after we retired so he could surprise us! Talk about service.

One of my favorite SD bar service stories involves Bloody Marys. One morning, Ctbjr, DH and I ordered Bloody Marys ... and they were good but not spicy at all. After dinner that night at the Top of the Yacht we were sitting at the bar and DH was explaining the recipe for my Bloodies to Ctbjr while we were at the bar...

Next morning Eric, the bartender, brought the three of us his version of my recipe... and it was spot on. He said that he had experimented that night after we retired so he could surprise us! Talk about service.

I recall that very well, DJ. Interestingly enough, I've been on SD2 with Eric since then and he's STILL using that recipe. If he's working the Crossing in November, it will be my pleasure to check and let you know if that's still part of his repertoire.

Looking forward to trying this next year . I've had a booking for over a year and am still on track for the voyage. I had looked at trying a Celebrity cruise but since I was on the QE2 have not been on a ship that large and I did like the smaller size! Haven't gotten my airfare yet so I could change my mind :confused:

It was mentioned an additional charge...was that for the caviar? What about other room service items, such as chips, or shrimp? I could live on shrimp, and just wondering what the "deal" was on that.

There is a charge for caviar (I can't remember what it is as I can no longer eat it:rolleyes:).

No charge for shrimp or chips!

Archived