My "last post"

Hi Jo

Thanks for another great 'sailaway' video. Almost feels like I was there waving Vanessa off!!! :D :D Would be great to be able to 'pop' down to Portside on a Saturday to watch Pac Star leaving. Oh well... will just have to rely on your fab videos!!

cheers!!

Karen;)

I do love going down to Portside to wave the ships off, but must admit i'm looking forward to the Pacific Sun's arrival in Brisbane so I can get some new footage ;) There's only so much of the same ship you can film each time without it all looking very much the same.

Vanessa looked like she was having a ball though, and they hadn't even left the wharf! I loved it when she started grabbing her hair as if to say, "See, I really do have big red Nicole Kidman hair" LOL!!:p

I'm really looking forward to her review :D

I've added SouthAussie's sailaway video to youtube for those wanting a peek at it. I tried to upload it several times yesterday, but because we're STILL stuck on dialup at home (thanks for nothing Optus:mad: ), it kept dropping out when people called us :rolleyes:

Anyway here it is SouthAussie100's Sailaway

Once again, great stuff Jo. Steady Hand & all. :)

That dial-up speed is horrible. We chased for nearly 5 years to get a good enough line for ADSL. Finally got it late last year, and it is great. I usually get a reminder of dial up near the end of each month when I get shaped.

Why Optu$? Doesn't Tel$tra maintain your line & exchange?

Cheers

Geoff

Why Optu$? Doesn't Tel$tra maintain your line & exchange?

We live in Forest Lake in QLD. The problem there is that it's SO full there aren't any available lines for plain old ADSL with any provider. And we can only connect to ADSL2 with Telstra or Optus as they're the only providers who can get us a line. Telstra reckon they can only give us their Next Gen connection at a BIG cost per month, and Optus reckon they can bundle the phone and internet for a much better price.

Optus were supposed to connect us on 30 Aug and hubby took the day off to wait for them. Around lunch time he called to get an ETA and was told, oh we're not coming today because Telstra haven't released a line for us yet. Yeah, thanks for the courtesy call!! If we didn't HAVE to use Optus for our internet we wouldn't be that's for sure! So we're STILL waiting for the call to say we'll be there on X date :mad:

If we'd known the issues in getting internet at Forest Lake we would have re-considered moving there! Next move we'll research the area's internet availability first!

Rant over, thanks for listening. And if anyone out there works for Optus could you PLEASE ask them to hurry up!! LOL!

We live in Forest Lake in QLD. The problem there is that it's SO full there aren't any available lines for plain old ADSL with any provider. And we can only connect to ADSL2 with Telstra or Optus as they're the only providers who can get us a line. Telstra reckon they can only give us their Next Gen connection at a BIG cost per month, and Optus reckon they can bundle the phone and internet for a much better price.

Optus were supposed to connect us on 30 Aug and hubby took the day off to wait for them. Around lunch time he called to get an ETA and was told, oh we're not coming today because Telstra haven't released a line for us yet. Yeah, thanks for the courtesy call!! If we didn't HAVE to use Optus for our internet we wouldn't be that's for sure! So we're STILL waiting for the call to say we'll be there on X date :mad:

If we'd known the issues in getting internet at Forest Lake we would have re-considered moving there! Next move we'll research the area's internet availability first!

Rant over, thanks for listening. And if anyone out there works for Optus could you PLEASE ask them to hurry up!! LOL!

Hi Jo,

Understand your frustration, been there, done plenty of that. In the end the owner of the lines is usually the cause for most of these problems ( no capacity, poor line quality etc). Hopefully they will find you a spare port soon.

If you have spare time for another forum, checkout broadbandchoice.com.au

Good luck on that phone call.

Cheers

Geoff

Ok so Vanessa must have gotten caught up in her cruise or him has banned her from using the computers!!! Haven't seen her since the 2nd of September. She would be going through major withdrawals...

I'm sure we won't wait too long once she gets home to hear all about it!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi Jo,

Does this sound familiar, We lived in Creekwood but moved to the Visa Estate (other end of the lake) Wow, :cool: I couldn’t believe it when I read your post, small world Hey, and thanks for the great video & the music, we were on cable but now on ADSL and we love it.

Cheers Mouse :)

Mouse, we're in the Hillbrook section just off College Ave. Who are you connected with?

Optus called to say they are unable to connect us at all as they have no lines at all in our street and never have.

DH got fair up them considering that THREE sales ppl told us they could connect us and the guy next door WORKS for optus and has ADSL!! Not happy Jan, not happy at all.

So, dial up it is until we can justify Telstra's prices ;)

Jo,

We are at the top end of Rudyard road in the new estate, Telstra's prices weren’t that bad for ADSL for the first 12 months. I couldn’t stand dialup any more, with teenagers in the house it was costing me just as much to divert the phone all the time.

Bet you can’t wait for February 08 :D as I can’t wait, haven’t been on the Sun either :D

Cheers Mouse :) Only 8 more sleeps till the Star :p

Jo,

We are at the top end of Rudyard road in the new estate, Telstra's prices weren’t that bad for ADSL for the first 12 months. I couldn’t stand dialup any more, with teenagers in the house it was costing me just as much to divert the phone all the time.

Bet you can’t wait for February 08 :D as I can’t wait, haven’t been on the Sun either :D

Cheers Mouse Only 8 more sleeps till the Star

WOOHOO only 8 more sleeps :D:D:D

Would it be terribly rude of me to ask you what Telstra charge you? I have to do something about this internet rubbish - I HATE dial up so much We had wireless broadband at the last place which was a dream, so going back to leads everywhere and super slow speed (they have a cheek calling dial up 'speed') is a killer LOL! My email is jrm1974@gmail.com

Thanks heaps

Archived