Soda By The Glass - Cost

poffles

How much is soda by the glass, without a soda card? Wondering about cost for small/medium/large?

Trying to determine cost benefit of the soda card and find it difficult without knowing how much soda is by the glass and then when I see mention of cost it makes no mention of size. Is this because the cost of a soda is the same for any size glass?

I drink a fair amount of soda but may be on the edgte of cost/benefit. Like the foo foo drinks too :-)

Thanks all ... (looking at the Crown Princess)

I think it is around $2.00 per soda by the time the 15% gratuity is added on. I always get the soda card because I admit I am addicted for better or worse to diet coke.

A couple of things to consider about using the soda card. You can get a soda anytime from any BAR area. They are really very nice about this. However, after the first day if you eat in the Horizon Court that pretty much means you have to get your food, then exit the eating area to a bar, get your drink and come back to your food. Its really tough finding someone in the Horizon Court who will go get your cola for you.

Secondly, the soda card does not at any time cover colas in the can. Those are extra if you want one.

Third, the soda card is not good for usage on Princess Cay, at least that I have ever found. You have to buy a can there.

Fourth, you CAN use your soda card in one of the main dining rooms. Just take it with you and tell your waiter you want a couple of sodas with dinner. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, but they will get them for you.

Also, you can ask at the bar for a BIG glass of soda instead of the little glasses. Most of the bartenders will try to accomodate you.

An alternative, is to take a case of soda onboard. I have done that too.

Hope this helps!

THey serve it in the can, and open and pour it for you right in front of you.

I don't like fountain soda, blech. I would never buy a card, however, my DD and I would often split a can - I just asked for 2 glasses. I can't usually drink a whole can it would go to waste and DD, well she could drink cans and cans but I don't like to give her it.

It has been my experience that for most of the time (in the dining rooms, lounges and theatre, and some larger pool bars), the sodas are fountain drinks; but on occasion the canned sodas are used as casshew mentioned. Canned drinks are used at the smaller pool bars, but with a soda card they do not give you the can, just pour what fits into a glass. The tumblers that come with the soda card do not hold an entire can of soda.

The cost for a can of soda is $1.50 + 15% = $1.73 approx.

Just an FYI: on the HAL ms Westerdam they used canned sodas all the time, and a soda card is an actual card with a certain number of punches on it. It is less $ than the Princess card, but includes fewer sodas and is honored on the private island, Half Moon Cay.

How does the soda package work? (Available for purchase as a Bon Voyage gift for $10.75). Are these cans of soda, or fountain sodas? Based on the previous post, the cost is higher than the soda card.

From the Princess website:

Soda PackageChoose any 6 sodas listed below in any combination for the price of 5; Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.Item #2311$10.75spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

The soda package are cans of soda - your choice of flavor - delivered to your stateroom. ( a convenient option is you like a can in the morning)

THe soda card is for fountain soda only available in all bars and dining rooms. As mentioned above, you would be charged for canned soda as it is not covered by the card.

The soda package are cans of soda - your choice of flavor - delivered to your stateroom. ( a convenient option is you like a can in the morning)

THe soda card is for fountain soda only available in all bars and dining rooms. As mentioned above' date=' you would be charged for canned soda as it is not covered by the card.[/quote']

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping that cans delivered to the stateroom was how this works! :)

A couple of quick notes on this - if you decide you want a Coke in the glass it as stated earlier its poured out of a can. The thing about this is that Princess (and other cruiselines etc) teaches their people to fill up the glass with ice, and the regular glasses (at the dining room) are either 12 or 14 oz - when you have the card they fill that glass up with ice and you don't realize that you are getting maybe 7oz of soda because of the ice....so if you get a can with 12oz you are going to be able to fill up that small glass up almost twice.

Or, if you want to use the soda card, just ask for a big glass with little ice in it, and at dinner you can ask for as many as you want. I usually have a couple with no problems. I sort of like the soda card!

Of course it doesn't taste the same as a can coke because princess knows how to "fix" the ratio's on the fountain sodas so they have more water and co2 mix instead of syrup.

We each use a soda card--I've noticed that if I've ordered one in the dining room--they have brought out 2 knowing you will want one soon--probably because of the small glass with lots of ice

My favorite is Diet Sprite--can't get it with the soda card--only what's in the gun--I have NEVER been lucky enough to get a canned drink with my soda card--If that were the case I would ask for Diet Sprite.

I think that regular Sprint is in the gun--but no diet---I order Diet Sprite to the room--buy 5 cans get 6--(Bargain of the Day) what a deal--anyway--I ration out my sprite--otherwise it's Diet Coke with the Soda Card

Actually, Margaritas are better

Nancy:D

Archived