Who has booked Alaska for a 2008 cruise?

brunolvr

On Coral Princess northbound from Vancouver to Whitter 7/21/08. Don't see anyone on that one yet! Going with my aunt and uncle (and hopefully I can convince a friend eventually, since I have a cabin booked). There's no roll call yet, than I can see.

Aunt and Uncle are doing a cruisetour, but I'm just renting a car and planning a week camping/exploring on my own instead.

Once you let everyone on this thread know when you're cruising to Alaska, go to the roll call boards and sign up for the roll call for your ship and date you're cruising. Or start a roll call if no one else has started one yet!:)

I have had a Roll Call going since booking (May) but only 1 other answering........

On this thread I see no one else on this cruise??? What's Up? No Cruise Critics? or empty ship???

Just last week I see Princess oferring OBC for Alaska 2008 on their web site "Book & Compare Cruises"- I'm thinking booking must be really slow??

Anyway - we're prepared to have a wonderful cruise with 17 family members - Ages 82 to 12. :D

[quote name='GottoCruise']I have had a Roll Call going since booking (May) but only 1 other answering........

On this thread I see no one else on this cruise??? What's Up? No Cruise Critics? or empty ship???

Just last week I see Princess oferring OBC for Alaska 2008 on their web site "Book & Compare Cruises"- I'm thinking booking must be really slow??

Anyway - we're prepared to have a wonderful cruise with 17 family members - Ages 82 to 12. :D[/quote]

Well, you and your family are going to fill up the ship nicely and you'll have a lot of room to spread out!:D Seriously, I think it's probably still a little early for the majority to plan their Alaska summer vacations. Things will pick up after the first of the year!

[quote name='brunolvr']We've booked the May 25, 2008 NCL Pearl for our 6th cruise to Alaska!:D

Can't wait![/quote]

[B]We just booked our first cruise to Alaska and we are so excited...it will be our 9th cruise....but our first to Alaska.....so looking forward to reading all the info.....we haven't a clue as to what to take for clothing and other needed items, what the do's and don't bothers are, how to get from Vancouver to Seattle, what to do in each port..Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Ann Fjord, Prince Rupert BC, Vancouver......but hopefully all those questions will be answered....and any and all suggestions, tips, etc., will be greatly appreciated
[/B]

We are flying to Vancouver on our 43rd. anniversary - two nights at a hotel before we board HAL's Volendam 7 day cruise with their 7 day land tour package.

It's our first time in Alaska. Write me at my email below if you will be on the Volendam August 10, 2008. We'd like to meet some of our fellow cruisers.

[quote name='CarrieCA']Planning a cruisetour southbound, and are narrowing down the choices for the second half of July.

[U]kellywhitehills[/U]! I hugged the Stanley Cup on Tuesday!

Carrie
First time to Alaska July 2008[/quote]

Island Princess - cruisetour then s/b July 21 from Whittier to Vancouver. Yay, so excited!

kaudrey: You're on n/b Coral same date - we'll be "ships passing in the night!"

(kellywhitehills: Stanley Cup was on display at Anaheim City Hall - I work next door. Several guys in my office are big fans and we all went over and got our pix taken with Stanley.)

We are booked on the Serenade of the Seas- June 14, 2008 RT out of Vancouver, BC. Along with our family of 4 (2 dd age 15 &19) will also be my brother, his wife and their sons (8 & 12), my husband's brother and his friend and my husband's cousin. So a total of 11!

Getting everyone to agree on the same itinerary, from the same port and the same cruiseline- took a bit! But- now we are booked!

Many classes of cabins are already sold out- but I have not seen anyone else mention this particular cruise. Travel Agent said that there is a large group booked- that took up most of the early dinner seating.

Sure hope to find some other folks going!
-JC in CA

Hi, we're booked into a B2B Hal Veendam 5/16 out of Vancouver!!!! First time to Alaska and cannot wait! This board has been fantastic in helping with advice to wisely allocate precious time and money once on shore!

First time to Alaska!! Cruising SB on Princess Island on May 26; I posted a roll call, but have no response yet!! We are taking our son with us for his 30th birthday - hope there are some people his age on board!! It sure has been a lot of planning for this trip!! Couldn't have done it without the help of CC!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just booked our Alaska cruise on Infinity for June 27th. This will be our second cruise to Alaska (yes, it was so good we are going back) and our first cruise on Celebrity. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We feel very fortunate to find a ship out of Seattle that is truly cruising the inside passage going northbound (a lot of cruise lines say they are but if you look at the map, they aren’t:cool: ). [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]John[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[quote name='AZjohn'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just booked our Alaska cruise on Infinity for June 27th. This will be our second cruise to Alaska (yes, it was so good we are going back) and our first cruise on Celebrity. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We feel very fortunate to find a ship out of Seattle that is truly cruising the inside passage going northbound (a lot of cruise lines say they are but if you look at the map, they aren’t:cool: ). [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]John[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/quote]

John, you're correct in that the itinerary shows the Infinity cruises the Canadian Inside Passage (east of Vancouver Island) after leaving Seattle. But then the map shows the Infinity cruises west of the Queen Charlotte Islands and the seas can get pretty rough.
[IMG]http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/images/plan_cruise/port_cities/big_maps/alaska_big/SEA_SIT_YAK_JNU_KTN_YVJ_SEA.gif[/IMG]

I agree too much open water cruising! I did a similar itinerary on the Oosterdam this year - with the exception that we sailed the west side of Vancouver Island after leaving SEA. Very rough seas and at times land was barely visible (not the continuous panaramic views as in previous years). Since you will arrive early in Juneau the scenic area around the entrance to Glacier Bay will be traveled at night too. Also, after leaving Ketchikan you will take a outside route to Victoria.

I would make the transfer to Vancouver if it were me. The difference is huge! Plus the train ride is nice up the coast and can be done the day of cruise after an overnight in SEA.

[quote name='brunolvr']John, you're correct in that the itinerary shows the Infinity cruises the Canadian Inside Passage (east of Vancouver Island) after leaving Seattle. But then the map shows the Infinity cruises west of the Queen Charlotte Islands and the seas can get pretty rough.
[IMG]http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/images/plan_cruise/port_cities/big_maps/alaska_big/SEA_SIT_YAK_JNU_KTN_YVJ_SEA.gif[/IMG][/quote]

Hi brunolvr,
Well, I will take to good with the bad...lol. I just hope the captian stays true to the map. I remember from our 1st Alaska cruise out of Vancouver, that the Canadian inside passage was spectacular. It felt like we were taking a cruise ship down a river if you know what I mean. I just learned that this is the first time Celebrity is doing this route. We always wanted to try Celebrity, so this looked like a perfect time to try them out. As far as the route back to Seattle, we always did like a little rocking motion in our cabin....lol.
Thanks,
John

Archived