Over charged on sail & sign card

huxlemo

We just got off the Liberty this past Saturday. We got our sail & sign statement before we left and agreed with all the charges. I checked my credit card statement online and we were charged $9.78 more. Not much, but it's the principle of the matter. 15% gratuity is added onto everything so I knew the amount was $8.50 + gratuity. Then I think....maybe that amount can be 2 drinks, but we didn't purchase anything after we received our statement. So, I called Carnival Guest Services Tuesday morning and they faxed me my final sail & sign statement. I was charged for 2 in cabin beverages. Pretty weird since our cabin steward never unlocked our refrigerator even after asking 2 times. The bottom line.....Carnival is crediting us our $9.78 back. Make sure to check your sail & sign statement to your credit card statement.

We just got off the Liberty this past Saturday. We got our sail & sign statement before we left and agreed with all the charges. I checked my credit card statement online and we were charged $9.78 more. Not much, but it's the principle of the matter. 15% gratuity is added onto everything so I knew the amount was $8.50 + gratuity. Then I think....maybe that amount can be 2 drinks, but we didn't purchase anything after we received our statement. So, I called Carnival Guest Services Tuesday morning and they faxed me my final sail & sign statement. I was charged for 2 in cabin beverages. Pretty weird since our cabin steward never unlocked our refrigerator even after asking 2 times. The bottom line.....Carnival is crediting us our $9.78 back. Make sure to check your sail & sign statement to your credit card statement.

From the sounds of thing on this boards this seems to be an on going problem. Most people let it go so think of the $$$$$ there makeing off of this practice.

From the sounds of thing on this boards this seems to be an on going problem. Most people let it go so think of the $$$$$ there makeing off of this practice.

That's why I refused to let it go. Especially because me refrigerator was locked the entire cruise.

Friends we traveled with got hit with a $36. charge. They paid their bill in cash the last night. They called Carnival and were told it was a cleaning fee. They asked if anyone returned to cabin after it was cleaned. She took her daughter to take a shower after breakfast. The steward said oh your back. They still had their bags in room and it hadn't been cleaned. She told steward she was taking a shower and he said O.K. They even grabbed a couple of beers from cooler they had in room. Carnival refunded charge. I guess they slowed steward down so he got even.

Oh for the love of god. It's not a "practice" and I bet they're not making squat off of it because for every person that's overcharged, there's probably one that's undercharged to balance it out. As a matter of fact, they're probably LOSING money off of it because I seriously doubt anyone's calling them up when they get home and saying "Hey, you guys forgot to charge me for that one mojito on the Lido deck on Thursday, can you make sure it gets added to my credit card bill?"

We were charged for 2 beers out of the Fridge, we don't even drink beer, as a matter of fact, we didn't drink anything out of the mini bar, but low in behold, there were 2 beers missing, don't even know if the 2 beers were there when we first arrived in our cabin, our Steward told us there was nothing we could do, so we payed but next time we will be counting.

Unless you really stay on top of your bill, its hard to even notice being under charged. I have ordered drinks and bottles of wine, that never appeared on my bill.

Believe me, I keep a close eye. Never got anything for nothing. But, I did have something show up I didn't order. Took forever to get it taken off. They had to go into the back and pull the original bill. Brought it out to me and showed me the sig. not mine. The name signed wasn't even my name so, the waiter wrote down the wrong number. They need swipers for the cards:D

Friends we traveled with got hit with a $36. charge. They paid their bill in cash the last night. They called Carnival and were told it was a cleaning fee. They asked if anyone returned to cabin after it was cleaned. She took her daughter to take a shower after breakfast. The steward said oh your back. They still had their bags in room and it hadn't been cleaned. She told steward she was taking a shower and he said O.K. They even grabbed a couple of beers from cooler they had in room. Carnival refunded charge. I guess they slowed steward down so he got even.

A CLEANING FEE ?????

If the room was left in a shambles and damaged I could understand it.

But even one returns to their cabin after it was cleaned on turnaround day, there's no justification to charge for tidying it up again.

That's outrageous. Yet very Carnival !

Had that happen on Princess. There was not even a large bottle of water in our cabin to start off with but they charged me for one. I asked at the purser's desk and they pulled out a charge slip with my name signed for the bottle of water. Going kind of far to forge someone name on a charge slip, so wasnt an accident. Im guessing it was the cabin steward/lady?

They finally took it off when it clearly wasnt my signature when they compared it. My last name had even been miss-spelled. Who cant spelll their own last name? They added the 15% gratuity onto it.

Strange after my cabin mate running up a bill of over $3,200 which she is probably still paying off, mostly for water and spa stuff. She said well you know it wasnt me, she bought water in twos.

We got our sail & sign statement before we left and agreed with all the charges. I checked my credit card statement online and we were charged $9.78 more. Not much, but it's the principle of the matter. 15% gratuity is added onto everything so I knew the amount was $8.50 + gratuity. Make sure to check your sail & sign statement to your credit card statement.

I have had this happen to me twice on Carnival. One time I got charged for everything in the mini-bar, because we had taken everything out to use the fridge and didn't put it back. The other time we got charged for two drinks, also from the mini-bar. It was a bit of a hassle to get the charges removed, but I agree that it's the principle of the matter. Funny, that's never happened on any other cruise line that I've been on.

BTW, I've never been fortunate enough to be UNDERcharged.:(

I took was charged for the bottle of water in my cabin. I too let it slide since it was only 3 or 4 bucks and didnt feel like taking the time to argue such a small inconvenience. I just figured it was part of the room steward's tip and adjusted my extra tip accordingly.

Since they have had the account available on the TV sets, I always try to check our account daily and compare it to our S&S receipts for the day (which we keep). A couple of times we were charged extra or incorrectly which the pursers desk took off for us when we complained. I usually leave the minibar locked (it doesn't keep anything cold anyway) and make sure that the steward checks that it is still locked on the last night! That way he knows that I'm going to be looking for any extra charges.

Oh for the love of god. It's not a "practice" and I bet they're not making squat off of it because for every person that's overcharged, there's probably one that's undercharged to balance it out. As a matter of fact, they're probably LOSING money off of it because I seriously doubt anyone's calling them up when they get home and saying "Hey, you guys forgot to charge me for that one mojito on the Lido deck on Thursday, can you make sure it gets added to my credit card bill?"

Thankfully yes, there are still people in this world that do this. My DH and I are two of those such persons. Not after we get the VISA, but when we get the sea pass bill. DH checks the statement against his receipts everyday to make sure they are correct, either by being over charged or under charged. He will ask for it to be corrected. He/we do this anywhere we can, not just on the ship. ;) We get some of the oddest stares when we tell someone that we were under charged. :rolleyes:

I would never know if I have ever been overcharged!! LOL! I don't know how people do it... I guess if I kept a list of everything, but my eyes just glaze over looking at page after page... I probably have been overcharged at some point... but I would guess it all works out in the end, an extra splash of rum here and there, a drink that may not have been charged, etc. I'm not worried...

I noticed when I got home they had charged my credit card about $20 less than they had on my S&S accounting they gave out the last day. By the next week they had come back and charged it on the account. So don't feel guilty, they don't let it slide if they undercharge. You don't have to let it slide if they overcharge.

Since they have had the account available on the TV sets, I always try to check our account daily and compare it to our S&S receipts for the day (which we keep). A couple of times we were charged extra or incorrectly which the pursers desk took off for us when we complained. I usually leave the minibar locked (it doesn't keep anything cold anyway) and make sure that the steward checks that it is still locked on the last night! That way he knows that I'm going to be looking for any extra charges.

Our refrigerator was never unlocked and we still got charged for 2 in cabin beverages.

It has been recommended to us and I will do on our cruise next month:

1 Write a note that states you want nothing in your minifridge.

2 Tell the cabin steward to remove everything from the fridge or to lock it.

3 You and the cabin steward BOTH sign the agreement. It is a binding agreement and you cannot be charged for anything.

It has been recommended to us and I will do on our cruise next month:

1 Write a note that states you want nothing in your minifridge.

2 Tell the cabin steward to remove everything from the fridge or to lock it.

3 You and the cabin steward BOTH sign the agreement. It is a binding agreement and you cannot be charged for anything.

Yes, here is the guideline listed in the book provided in the cabin

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2067697570085339509DYgXLG

I was on the Glory 8-11. We asked the room steward if she could remove the things from the fridge. She said she had no place to store them. I asked if we could just set them aside and she said yes but to put them all back on Friday night when she would inventory them.

We paid our sign and sail bills at 10:30 the night before debarkation. We'd eaten at the supper club that evening and also went to the gift shop and confirmed that those charges were on there. Yes, they were. So we paid our final bill (or so we thought!) and went to the room and packed. We did not drink anything else that night or leave the room.

The next morning I see I still owed 68 cents on my bill and my roommate owed around $6! Go figure..... sure, it's a small amount but after reading this thread it's an ongoing problem!

Sounds like many passengers just accept an overcharge of a few dollars because it's too much of a hassle to go through Carnival (either onboard or from home).

Multiply the posts on this thread where people were overcharged by how many thousands of passengers are onboard Carnival ships right now, and you've got hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra charges.:cool:

No wonder they continue to do it, and stewards forge signatures for extra tips, and create false "cleaning fee" charges...it's become a lucrative source of onboard revenue !

Archived