Its All Over The News In Hawaii

ssindy

[quote name='Host Cecilia']I did a review of the trip and I have several digital pictures if you're interested. South America was one of my favorite cruises...just behind the Baltics trip.

QUOTE]

Cecilia, I received the information, reviews and pictures of the two cruises... That was great information and pictures of the cruises... Thanks for sending them to me and I believe that your reviews will be very helpful in our picking one of the two cruises... Richard

[quote name='Traveler39']I received the information, reviews and pictures of the two cruises... That was great information and pictures of the cruises... Thanks for sending them to me and I believe that your reviews will be very helpful in our picking one of the two cruises... Richard[/QUOTE] Great...glad you got the info and that it may be helpful.

[quote name='Host Cecilia']NCL has many other ships going to many places. I'm not sure I'd swear off a whole line because of one ship and one itinerary. I think you're going to miss a lot of the good that NCL has to offer if you make a decision based on the POA.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, what's happening on POA [I]is[/I] making me change my opinion about NCL. Even though I have sailed on a few other ships in the fleet and had a great time, NCL just doesn't shine in my eyes anymore and I will move on to other lines.

Matt..this is my opinion as well. Also this is going to cost the line major$$$ they will have to make up the money somewhere and I am afraid it could affect the whole fleet. This is a major financial mess. There will be lawsuits. There are tons of rebates being given out. lots of cancellations. Bottom line.....this is going to affect the bottom line!! I want to sail the Dawn but I guess I will not book until this issue is solved!!

[quote name='buchie614']I agree with cruise182, they are going to have to start trimming someplace, and could definitely affect the other ships in cutbacks. I also think there will be lawsuits, because a $35. rebate or $100. on board credit, just does not cut it.[/QUOTE]

Let's read all the recent reviews about the rest of the NCL line: with the exception of a few with very weak complaints all the reviews are sparkling. I think we all have to separate ourselves between NCL overall and POA> For any of us to begin to understand what is happening with POA we have to understand the work force, the flagging of the ship and what has happened in the past to other lines that have tried have American Flagged ships in Hawaii. I would not cruise on POA right now, but I certainly do not think there will be any cut backs on the rest of the ships. Why do so many people love to scream "law Suit"?

NMNita

You have no personal idea as to how we feel (poa past cruisers), it is easy to say, let's wait and see what happens. I am sure ncl had a research team, so they should have know ahead of time about the workforce, flagging of the ship, etc., so I am not buying into that excuse. They rushed this ship in order not to loose money, and at the paying customer expense, and if there are lawsuits, so be it, I am not in the group that is saying poor ncl, it is poor customer who paid their money, and got nothing less that a 3rd rate cruise, if there is such a thing.........

[quote name='CruisinMatt']In my opinion, what's happening on POA [I]is[/I] making me change my opinion about NCL. Even though I have sailed on a few other ships in the fleet and had a great time, NCL just doesn't shine in my eyes anymore and I will move on to other lines.[/QUOTE] I respect your opinion and others that think this way as well. I don't happen to think that way. We're currently looking at NCL cruises for 2005. I've been on 5 NCL ships and loved them. I'm not hesitant to book with them again. If I have a bad experience with NCL, I may change my mind. However, since I haven't been on the POA, I don't think it's fair for me to judge it as harshly as some do when I have read some good reviews of the ship and trip.

[quote name='buchie614']You have no personal idea as to how we feel (poa past cruisers), it is easy to say, let's wait and see what happens. I am sure ncl had a research team, so they should have know ahead of time about the workforce, flagging of the ship, etc., so I am not buying into that excuse. They rushed this ship in order not to loose money, and at the paying customer expense, and if there are lawsuits, so be it, I am not in the group that is saying poor ncl, it is poor customer who paid their money, and got nothing less that a 3rd rate cruise, if there is such a thing.........[/QUOTE]

I am not certain anyone is saying "Poor NCL" right now, my point is the word Law Suit comes up everytime anyone is a little unhappy. Of course most of these law suits help make the lawyers rich and do little for the plaintiffs (spelling, not good) We have become a law suit happy country. This is not to knock lawyers, I am not one who thinks they are all crooks; I am just tired of the words. But this is off the subject, so the last I will bring it up. We should talking cruising here. NMNita

Hi Nita, I have to agree with Buchie. You really don't know how we feel about having cruised on this over-priced, second-rate ship. You can't. Obviously, since we are so into this, it must have affected us greatly. Please book this cruise as soon as you can, then perhaps you will understand how we feel.

By the way, for those of you wondering, I'm posting again because people asked me to. So I'm back and will post my two cents whenever appropriate. Hi Cecelia, I missed ya (seriously).

[quote name='dalwhitt']By the way, for those of you wondering, I'm posting again because people asked me to. So I'm back and will post my two cents whenever appropriate. Hi Cecelia, I missed ya (seriously).[/QUOTE] I'm glad you're back. :)

[quote name='dalwhitt']Hi Nita, I have to agree with Buchie. You really don't know how we feel about having cruised on this over-priced, second-rate ship. You can't. Obviously, since we are so into this, it must have affected us greatly. Please book this cruise as soon as you can, then perhaps you will understand how we feel.

By the way, for those of you wondering, I'm posting again because people asked me to. So I'm back and will post my two cents whenever appropriate. Hi Cecelia, I missed ya (seriously).[/QUOTE]

Well I hate to say this again, but this threat of law suits is getting a bit old and probably not going to happen. As for venting, go right ahead and as for booking this cruise: well, I am already booked for Nov. hubby is in a political race and has a class reunion so think I will skip it for now. Am glad i have a reason to skip it! LOL

Here is a link to a news report with video of Pride of Aloha.

The news report is from Hawaii about the problems on Pride of Aloha.

You can see some of the interior of the ship from a travel preview they did in San Francisco.

[url="http://www.thebostonchannel.com/travelgetaways/3684302/detail.html"]http://www.thebostonchannel.com/travelgetaways/3684302/detail.html[/url]#

you may need to copy the pound sign and past the whole link in your browser.

I swear NCL should sue those newspapers for libel! I was on the ship when that article was published and I will tell you the ship was not dirty- nevermind a health hazard, the service was not horrid, and the only major problems was a lack of staff and 2 excessive waits at the dining room to be seated! The people that complained would complain about EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING! It wouldn't be fair to have a cruise line's image tarnished because there were a lot of (censored) spreading rumors and lies. Don't you people know that the media gobbles up negative stories? I mean do you see press release about people having a great time on a cruise ship, or a new fantastic value in cruising being introduced? No- the media is corrupt and people should know better than to trust them when it comes to something like this. Only in rare cases do they care about anything other than Nielsen ratings. It's just like Norwalk Virus, it's not even anywhere near exclusive to cruise ships, nor is it common to them. But the media makes it look like it's both exclusive and common to cruise ships.

[quote name='RandomUsername723']I swear NCL should sue those newspapers for libel! I was on the ship when that article was published and I will tell you the ship was not dirty- nevermind a health hazard, the service was not horrid, and the only major problems was a lack of staff and 2 excessive waits at the dining room to be seated! The people that complained would complain about EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING! It wouldn't be fair to have a cruise line's image tarnished because there were a lot of (censored) spreading rumors and lies. Don't you people know that the media gobbles up negative stories? I mean do you see press release about people having a great time on a cruise ship, or a new fantastic value in cruising being introduced? No- the media is corrupt and people should know better than to trust them when it comes to something like this. Only in rare cases do they care about anything other than Nielsen ratings. It's just like Norwalk Virus, it's not even anywhere near exclusive to cruise ships, nor is it common to them. But the media makes it look like it's both exclusive and common to cruise ships.[/QUOTE]

For lack of a better phrase I will use one I hate "you go girl!" Glad someone else said what I keep thinking!! By the way I am married to a retired newspaper guy and yes, the positives are not what get printed. NMNita

RandomUser,

You seem to be forgetting that what others have posted, said, or reported is just their opinion, as is what you are posting. Individual experiences and expectations play a big part. It's no more fair for you to say they are lying than it is for them to call you a liar for disagreeing with them. Further, you are not privey to everything the others have posted. Perhaps your cabin was clean, but their's may not have been. Again, individual differences and experiences. About a month ago, another poster demonstrated this quite nicely by posting clips from reviews written about the same ship by different people. You wouldn't have guessed the two people who wrote the different reviews even sailed on the same ship.

I for one am hoping that things are improving. I have a month to decide before final payment and have deposits on backup plans if things to improve the POA should fail.

[quote name='RandomUsername723']The people that complained would complain about EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING!
QUOTE]

I have enjoyed your postings and your opinion , over and over again... You are new to C.C. and most of your postings have been just about the same thing over and over....

Did you not post or read the C.C. reviews and postings before your cruise? It seems that you have a one sided agenda and that is to disprove all previous postings that discussed the concerns and problems of the POA...

As has been stated here on this thread... Your opinion and someone else's opinion.... Same value.... We are looking for many people to offer their opinions of this ship... I just read a review of another ncl ship sailing in Hawaii and it had several of the same points that you have made...

Yeah, I have tried to avoid making this posts- without success. I agree, hearing all my posts disproving the same complaints in different topics can be tedious and annoying, but it must be said- and when it has been I will go on to try and make myself "useful" contributing to other subjects. I can understand people are entitled to their opinion's but when it gets to the point of lying/ severly exaggerating about problems onboard a ship that you do not like it's just too much. I'm sorry but ruining a decently run venture with exaggerated news reports is libel, and at that point I lose all respect for that particular opinion. Plus whether or not a ship is clean is pretty much a fact. Standards might vary slightly, but the ship was almost spotless by any standard and that is a FACT not an opinion. My thoughts on the food, service, entertainment and the like are opinions. Also, keep in mind I had to hear these extremist opinions for a week on my VACATION and it was really just as upsetting as the problems on NCL America's part in my humble opinion. So to those of you who have gotten the wrong idea, I'm Sorry. :o

Archived