Heathrow Security Question - One Bag

Cruisin Oma

I am painfully aware of the situation that you can only have one bag when you go through Heathrow Security, so both my laptop bag and my purse must be put in my carry-on as I go through security.

My question is regarding the jacket. We will be travelling in Nov. and living here in Phoenix, my blood has gotten thinner, I can't take the cold any longer! So travelling to Europe, the temperatures will be like our full blown Winter. I plan on wearing a Rain jacket with a zip out liner. Not extremely bulky, but not sure I am going to be cramming it into my already full carryon.

When we go through security in the US, we take our coats off and lay them on the belt (or at least in a bin and put the bin on the belt.) Will I be able to do the same thing in Heathrow, or will I have to put the jacket in the carryon?

• 3 weeks later...

That's right. I just did it a couple of days ago. Purse went into carryon. I wore the coat...took it off as well as shoes...put them in the plastic bucket to have them go through x ray machine and all was fine.

They were insistent about the purse in the carryon though. One bag only.

Archived