Upgrade question

spfar

We are a large group sailing next month. Our TA originally told us that since we all had balcony rooms she could book us cabins next to each other and the dividers could be opened between the balconys. Naturally we had visions of many parties. Last week we were able to get out cabin assignments from the Carnival website and found to our disappointment that although we are all on the same deck, our cabins are spread out all over the deck with only one or two of us in close proximity. In addition, although we all paid the same price, some of us have extended balconies and some do not. When our TA was questioned about this she said that Carnival had upgraded us all and because we all had higher level cabins than we booked this was a good thing. It's not feeling that way to many of us. Is it true that the TAs have no say about this and we should be happy because we are on a higher deck? How does Carnival decide who gets what upgrade when we are all paying the same price?

The TA has no control over it other than that she could have put on each booking, DO NOT UPGRADE, if you didnt want the chance to be one who got the extended balcony.

Some do ask that so they can stay together.

I assume you booked a specific cabin, not a guarantee. If you got a guarantee balcony, you gave Carnival the right to put you wherever they wanted.

We are a large group sailing next month. Our TA originally told us that since we all had balcony rooms she could book us cabins next to each other and the dividers could be opened between the balconys. Naturally we had visions of many parties. Last week we were able to get out cabin assignments from the Carnival website and found to our disappointment that although we are all on the same deck, our cabins are spread out all over the deck with only one or two of us in close proximity. In addition, although we all paid the same price, some of us have extended balconies and some do not. When our TA was questioned about this she said that Carnival had upgraded us all and because we all had higher level cabins than we booked this was a good thing. It's not feeling that way to many of us. Is it true that the TAs have no say about this and we should be happy because we are on a higher deck? How does Carnival decide who gets what upgrade when we are all paying the same price?

Did you all get assigned cabins? Did your TA ever tell you which cabin you'd be in?? Seems strange to me that all of you would get upgraded, unless she booked you as guarantees. But I'm no expert either so maybe I have no clue, LOL

I also have a upgrade question. What's the difference between an 8A cabin upgraded to a 8C?

We were offered a 2 category upgrade for one of the sailings we just booked. We however declined the upgrade since we did not want to be on the higher decks they were offering to put us on. Sometimes an upgrade may not really be desireable so you have to really know what you want.

But if they booked guarantees, how could the TA tell them originally that she could get them cabins together? When we sail with friends, we always choose balcony cabins next to each other for the exact reasons stated, so we can be near each other, and open the balcony partitions.

One of two things probably happened, she probably didn't book them all together as she said she could, OR she did, and didn't request "no upgrade", as everyone else has stated. If the TA knew they wanted to be together, she should have confirmed this. It's just a bummer to think your TA is going handle this, and doesn't.

It may not be too late to be moved, if the other balcony cabins weren't requested cabins, they may still be able to reassign everyone. If it's too late, I'm sure you'll all have a great time, but honestly, nothing beats opening up those dividers and hanging with friends all week.

Our TA never told us what cabin we would be in. She just told us we'd be all together. We found our cabin numbers by checking the carnival website and we're not even close.

You dont know if you booked specific cabins or a guarantee? Maybe you should call your TA and find out and then it would be easier to figure out.

Carnival does try to keep guarantees together on the same floor, but cant always. Without knowing what you booked its hard for us to guess. This seems like something you should address to your TA. Id ask if I didnt know.

Archived