Marriott Marquis

dorothyl

Dorothyl,

Have stayed there many times. Great hotel and a great location. Also walking distance to one my my favorite restaurants in NYC(Joe Allen). Casual atmosphere fast service and a great spot to see celebs.

Last time there saw Jerry Lewis, Antonio Banderas , Melanie Griffith and Chita Rivera all on the same night.

mcboo:):)

I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis several times. On the plus side, it is located right in the heart of Times Square. It has a threater located right in the Hotel and is adjacent to several other theatres. The rooms are a decent size and I think the overall pricing is good given its location.

I would say the negatives are mostly related to size. It is a fairly large hotel.

Keith

I believe the restaurant at the top of the Marriott is called The View. It is a revolving restaurant - have been there twice on previous visits to NYC.

Location to Times Square, theatres, sightseeing, etc. is great.

It is also right near the discount theatre ticket booth at Times Square.

Each theatre has their own ticket booth. The one for the theatre in the Marriott Marquis is located right there.

You can also purchase tickets for some of the shows the day of the show at two locations in the city where you can get tickets at 25 to 50% below the regular cost. The closest to the Marriott Marquis is in Times Square located at Times Square 47th St at Broadway. I believe they will only take cash or traveler's cheques and their hours are as follows. Be aware that this is popular and sometimes there are long lines to purchase tickets so I would go early.

Evening Performances Monday - Saturday 3 PM - 8 PM

Matinees Wed. & Sat. 10 AM - 2 PM

Matinee & Evening Sunday 11 AM - 7:30 PM

Keith

I have reservations for the Marriott Marquis following my Queen Mary 2 cruise in November. I have done an unsuccessful search, looking for a menu from The View Restaurant on the top of the hotel. Does anyone know of a website that might show their menu?

Thanks for your help.

Archived