Latest Cruise Ship Sanitation Scores

prescottbob

....glad I never travelled on the Stad Amsterdam :eek:

Item No.: 15

Site: Food Service General-

Violation: Non-commercially caught fish was served to passengers and crew. Upon arrival, crew was observed arranging a fishing tackle box. Staff stated that the fish caught during a cruise is served to both passengers and crew. The vessel does not have an approved variance for this practice.

:eek:

Item No.: 16

Site: Bar-Inside Bar

Violation: A seven day discard date label was not located on one open container of milk. The milk was measured with an internal temperature of 55°F. The refrigeration unit measured 50°F.

Violation: Non-commercially caught fish was served to passengers and crew. Upon arrival, crew was observed arranging a fishing tackle box. Staff stated that the fish caught during a cruise is served to both passengers and crew. The vessel does not have an approved variance for this practice.

....glad I never travelled on the Stad Amsterdam :eek:

Violation: Non-commercially caught fish was served to passengers and crew. Upon arrival, crew was observed arranging a fishing tackle box. Staff stated that the fish caught during a cruise is served to both passengers and crew. The vessel does not have an approved variance for this practice. :eek:

Good One. :D

Can't figure it out.Was on the Star Princess last year and they didn't even have those antibacterial spritzers that everyone has at the buffeat.You could just go ahead and touch and pick and etc.How can they not have any germs?

Maybe that stuff not tested cuz they rated a 100.go figure.

re the Amsterdam - they didn't take any points off for maintaining food at 55 degrees and the fridge at 50 - it is always recommended to keep a fridge at 40 or below. 50 to 55 would mean spoiled food and a risk of food poisoning. My husband had food poisoning on board the Statendam - diagnosed by doctor - no wonder if they don't keep the cold food cold enough.

Not treating bunkered water adequately is serious too. With the full list of infractions I don't know how the Amsterdam got a 95. 23 is a lot.

Not very comforting when we are sailing on her next week. Hope they have fixed everything and kept up the maintenance.

Ahoy!

The ship's Environmental officer, Operations officer and Kitchen Supervisors (and the good folks in Seattle I might add) take the inspections VERY SERIOUSLY.

Your going to have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

Can't figure it out.Was on the Star Princess last year and they didn't even have those antibacterial spritzers that everyone has at the buffeat.You could just go ahead and touch and pick and etc.How can they not have any germs?

Maybe that stuff not tested cuz they rated a 100.go figure.

Don't know when you were on the Star, but last Sept. it did have the antibac dispensers, but they weren't prominent and use wasn't stressed. Agree about the buffet - people were picking through the rolls, even saw one woman putting back some sliced fruit with her fingers. But, we didn't get sick and didn't hear of any outbreaks.

Ever heard of a mainline ship being 'grounded' for cleanliness???
Well, ever see a mainline ship that wasn't spotless, or close to it? I don't think any lobbyists have a thing to do with it. I think constant cleaning and checking is what keeps those numbers up.

Yeah yeah,know it is not Hal but mentioned in posts.Was on in Dec last year and when we left port heard that another Princess-the sun was not allowed to sail on time due to some health issues.

I carry around own bacterial stuff but want to know that everyone is keeping clean.

Archived