What type of clothes for Nov Med cruise

WE have a 10 day cruise Nov 2 -12 from BCN, Fr, Italy, Corsica. My wife is interested in what clothes she should take for the tours and to wear on the ship. I understand the day time highes are in the high 50's low 60's.

Also, on the Century (X) is the pool enclosed so that we can use it on sea days? Thanks, Stan

For your shore excursions be sure to be prepared for all sorts of weather from cool weather to moderate temperatures. I would bring along a sweater and jacket and umbrella.

Out on the deck on the ship it will really range. You could have a very nice day or a somewhat windy cooler day. So, be prepared for both.

Keith

WE have a 10 day cruise Nov 2 -12 from BCN, Fr, Italy, Corsica. My wife is interested in what clothes she should take for the tours and to wear on the ship. I understand the day time highes are in the high 50's low 60's.

Also, on the Century (X) is the pool enclosed so that we can use it on sea days? Thanks, Stan

In the middle Of October & there was a covered pool area. Not sure if all ships have this area. Weather was 60 to 70, a light jacket will come in handy. The ship provides umbrellas in your cabin. It was my favorite trip of all time:) ! Enjoy, Jan

Definately go with layers. Slacks, shirt/blouse, sweater, and leather jacket or peacoat type overcoat will be sufficient. The weather can really fluctuate during november. In addition many buildings may be extremely warm because the radiator heat is pre-programed. You will find you will peel off your layers inside then add them back on outside. I do imagine it could get a bit chilly on the deck of the ship. Umbrella is a must!

Definately go with layers. Slacks, shirt/blouse, sweater, and leather jacket or peacoat type overcoat will be sufficient. The weather can really fluctuate during november. In addition many buildings may be extremely warm because the radiator heat is pre-programed. You will find you will peel off your layers inside then add them back on outside. I do imagine it could get a bit chilly on the deck of the ship. Umbrella is a must!

We're in the Med end of November into December. I'm taking a fleece jacket to wear on deck, and maybe a dressier suede coat for the cities. Is that about right?

Here is what I packed last year for daytime wear for our mid-to-late November cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean and Egypt:

4 pairs of pants (2 black, 2 khaki)

1 pair of dressy dark denim jeans

1 pair of black cropped pants with stretch (mainly for Egypt -- climbing into ruins and onto camels, etc.)

2 silk/cotton twinsets in beiges/blacks

1 slightly heavier cotton wrap cardigan

1 cotton twill jacket (jean jacket style but black)

1 wool sweater

1 hoodie

T-shirts to layer with these (mostly short-sleeved)

Hooded black microfiber jacket with removable liner

3 pairs of walking shoes (2 black, 1 brown) -- could have gotten by with 2 pair but I have foot problems so rather be safe than sorry

Stan,

Was on Century last October Med Cruise...can't comment on November weather but Century pool is not enclosed , far too cold to swim in October... Unfortunately, It is not heated!!

Here is what I packed last year for daytime wear for our mid-to-late November cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean and Egypt:

1 pair of black cropped pants with stretch (mainly for Egypt -- climbing into ruins and onto camels, etc.)

1 wool sweater

1 hoodie

3 pairs of walking shoes (2 black, 1 brown) -- could have gotten by with 2 pair but I have foot problems so rather be safe than sorry

Cruisemom, I chuckled at your "pants with stretch", but that's a great idea, as we'll also be climbing up onto those camels!!

Did you wear the wool sweater much? Lightweight or heavier sweater?

Cruisemom, I chuckled at your "pants with stretch", but that's a great idea, as we'll also be climbing up onto those camels!!

Did you wear the wool sweater much? Lightweight or heavier sweater?

.....and trust me, you won't want to wear them again after the camels until you wash them!!

As to the sweater, it was midweight alpaca. I wore it in Istanbul (morning) and in Rome post-cruise. Of course, being from Philly you may be a little hardier than me (from Atlanta)!

I will be on your cruise. What I plan on packing for the day time is sweat suits with short sleeve shirts (dress in layers). Also, I will take a light weight jacket that I will probably need to wear to the airport in New Jersey. For my husband, probably docker slacks and short sleeve shorts and some sweat shirts.

I pack my clothes in two suitcases, because I don't want to go over the weight limit. I also take a carry-on for things that I purchase on vacation, especially if they are valuable.

I purchased a plastic rain poncho at the local drug store (about $5) a few years ago, just in case it rains on vacation. I leave it in my suitcase.

I was on the Century in 2004 and don't remember an enclosed pool.

.....and trust me, you won't want to wear them again after the camels until you wash them!!

As to the sweater, it was midweight alpaca. I wore it in Istanbul (morning) and in Rome post-cruise. Of course, being from Philly you may be a little hardier than me (from Atlanta)!

Thanks, I can't wait to go...67 days 'til we sail.

1 wool sweater

1 hoodie

Hi,

This sounds like the itinerary I am interested in at the same time of year.

Please can you tell me what the temperatures were like & weather in general. I do not like it cold, so would need to rethink if this is the case.

Many thanks,

Lisa:)

Hi,

This sounds like the itinerary I am interested in at the same time of year.

Please can you tell me what the temperatures were like & weather in general. I do not like it cold, so would need to rethink if this is the case.

Many thanks,

Lisa:)

I'm not sure what you would consider cold, but it was never cold to me (except for one windy night on deck....)

Here are the predicted temperatures (high/low in F) for the dates and also my individual notes. The cruise was Nov. 10-22, 2006.

Rome/Civitavecchia (embarkation): 68/47; about right

Naples: 66/46; but it was def. warmer and sunny our visit

Athens: 60/48; but again was warmer by about 10 degrees and sunny

Kusadasi: didn't have a prediction, but I'd say it was about 60 to 65 for a high and sunny.

Istanbul: 50/45; this was about right & it was partly cloudy, the week before they had snow showers.

Mykonos: 55/45; was def. warmer than this and little wind, able to get to Delos with relatively smooth seas

Port Said: 76/60; this was about what we had & sunny in Cairo all day; can cool down at night in desert

Alexandria: 76/60; again about right, if not higher

Rome: 65/45; we stayed 3 days post-cruise and this was about right on average; rained slightly one morning otherwise partly cloudy to sunny

Rome and Istanbul were the coldest to me. We had no rain other than slight showers while disembarking in Civitavecchia. However, November can be rainy in some parts of the Med. (Still not as rainy as many other places, however!)

I'm not sure what you would consider cold, but it was never cold to me (except for one windy night on deck....)

Here are the predicted temperatures (high/low in F) for the dates and also my individual notes. The cruise was Nov. 10-22, 2006.

Kusadasi: didn't have a prediction, but I'd say it was about 60 to 65 for a high and sunny.

Istanbul: 50/45; this was about right & it was partly cloudy, the week before they had snow showers.

Mykonos: 55/45; was def. warmer than this and little wind, able to get to Delos with relatively smooth seas

Port Said: 76/60; this was about what we had & sunny in Cairo all day; can cool down at night in desert

Rome: 65/45; we stayed 3 days post-cruise and this was about right on average; rained slightly one morning otherwise partly cloudy to sunny

Rome and Istanbul were the coldest to me. We had no rain other than slight showers while disembarking in Civitavecchia. However, November can be rainy in some parts of the Med. (Still not as rainy as many other places, however!)

Thanks Cruisemom. I'm on the same cruise as YoPhilly and the weather on this one is a real consideration. Would we too optimistic to take swimsuits for Egypt?? We're Canadian and we will swim in the Atlantic off Florida in February LOL :D

Thanks Cruisemom. I'm on the same cruise as YoPhilly and the weather on this one is a real consideration. Would we too optimistic to take swimsuits for Egypt?? We're Canadian and we will swim in the Atlantic off Florida in February LOL :D

You'll love the cruise; it'll be a hard one to top!

I assume you mean to swim in the pool at your hotel in Egypt? I'm sure it's possible (and a suit takes little room) but few hotels have heated pools from what I understand! We had zero "down time" on our overnight Egypt trip -- didn't even get to our hotel until around 10:30 at night, although I was so excited about being in Egypt that I would've walked around the streets all night if I could have....

I'm going to be in Luxor in February and most folks say to bring a suit; however, Luxor is definitely warmer than Cairo at that time of year.

Wonderful!! Thanks. We're doing the same itinerary Nov 21-Dec5. If you don't mind, I'm going to post this link on our Roll Call.

May I ask if you were able to get all your clothes/shoes in one suitcase? This is my goal, but I'd like to find out if it's doable! Thanks!

Yes, I did get everything into a 26" suitcase, with a good-sized carry-on as well. I tried to put some of the heavier items in the carry-on (e.g., a couple pairs of shoes, extra sweater, guidebooks, etc.) to keep from going over the checked luggage weight limit (50 lbs). Believe me, I had plenty of clothes, including for formal night a different top for dinner each night!

Take two suitcases and a carry on. You don't want to go over the weight of 50 lbs. with one suitcase. You don't want to crush your clothes in the suitcase. And, you want to have room in your suitcase to buy things while on vacation. With two suitcases and a carry-on, you always have extra room for your clothes and purchases.

My husband grumbles at first that we have three suitcases (one for him and two for me) and two carry-ons, but then smiles and accepts it.

Archived